How many teams can Singletary start on

NastyNateSoldiers

36 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

U think I give a flip if he respects me? Let me clarify I don’t respect his play not the human he is just in case your one of those types that takes everything to the extreme. 

Don’t get all bent.  If you don’t like his game then you can say that.  Singletary is all heart. No need to get weird. 

It's very curious, but many of those disparaging Singletary are also severe critics of the OL. Seems to me that someone who puts up the numbers DS did behind an atrocious OL might actually be pretty good, and conversely, backs that put up better numbers on other teams probably would put up much worse numbers if they had to play in Buffalo with its offensive schemes and lousy OL. I like DS and if the number is right I'd resign him.

10 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Spotrac has his value at around 5.5 mil per season . I would be shocked if he signs for that much in a off-season with a strong draft class as well as a strong free agent class. Which leads me to this question how many teams value a average back as much as we do? Here’s what I came up with. 

I came up with a whopping zero for teams he can start for when excluding the Bills . There’s even some teams he can’t even be the bkup on. If Barkley leaves the Giants let’s see how much Daboll thinks about him because that might be the only team I can think of and that’s only because there familiar with Singletary .  At end of the day Singletary is a 43/50 ranked bk in this league I can easily think of 10 teams that have 2 better bks then him. So Singletary u better hope the Bills resign u because your about to be bkup in this league at best. 

He could start for a number of teams, and I think he will be signed as a starter for this next season by someone.  

Devin has a very good YPC average for his career and has developed into a good pass catcher (had the highest catch rate on the team most the year).  He has done that on a team with no run game design, bad OL play, and OC's allergic to establishing the run too.

He is a lot better than your post indicates.  He isn't a top tier RB, but he will be a quality player for someone next year IMHO.  If we used him all year last year like we did down the stretch and playoffs, he would have had 1400 yards rushing and 17 TD's based on the stats he was putting up in those games where he had at least 12 carries.  

He would have rushed for 1200 -1400 yards here both last year and this year if they just gave him an average of around 15 carries.  And again, that is on a team with a bad OL.  

Personally, I think he could end up in Las Vegas if Jacobs leaves or maybe someone like Carolina, Saints, KC, TB, or Houston where he could either be brought in to start or at least compete to start.  

I am not saying he is a future pro-bowler, but he just isn't as bad as your OP suggests.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Singletary is a very durable running back. He rarely fumbles and an  above average blocker. He is pretty good  as a receiver too 

You might be surprised how many teams would sign him. 

Doesn’t surprise me at all…as long as he’s a #2 lol 

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Falcons- U haven’t watched Tyler Allgeier he’s much better then Singletary . TA runs with speed and power something Singletary has no clue how to do.

Dolphins - have 2 better bks but I would love to see Singletary there that would be fun playing a jag bk twice a yr, lol. 

Bears - I can’t see the Bears giving the starting job to Singletary over Herbert unless they plan on losing again next season that won’t be too smart. 

Giants- This is his best bet if Barkley leaves . But most likely the Giants will franchise tag Bark 

Panthers- If they bring bk Foreman they’ll be no room for Singleyard in this bk field. 

Foreman has had one good year and it all happened after CMC got dealt.  Dude has never started on his own teams.  Singletary's career production is so much more than Foreman.  I guess he just never got his shot in that crowded Houston backfield....

3 of Devin's 4 years are more productive than Herbert's best year as a pro.

Miami has one RB who is Devin's equal and a bunch of bums.

This list is ridiculous.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

It's definitely not 0.  He's a good timeshare back - most teams employ one... paying a back is never a particularly smart move as they all end up hurt eventually.    I'd say.... Denver, Jets without hall (he's better than everyone else they have), Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina, Tampa, LA.  He'd definitely get snaps for teams like KC, Cincy, Pittsburgh.  

He had more yards on fewer carries than Joe mixon, David Montgomery, and Brian Robinson.  He's a pretty solid blocker and he has improved his hands.  Him and Cook combine to put up better numbers than Barkley fwiw. 

I don't think he'll get 5.5 because of the amount of free agents.  I think Atlanta will overpay for a top back and he's part of the replacement - so maybe Vegas, or Dallas.  

Going through the tabs you claim he can start on is hilarious. 

Denver? He isn't even in the stratosphere of Javonte Williams, this is silly.

Jets- Like you said they have Hall, Michael Carter is also better and a superior receiver. 

Atlanta - Allgeier is a big boy and certainly a superior power back his rookie year this year was better than any year Singletary ever had... meanwhile Cordarrell a better COP/ receiver. 

New Orleans LMAO... he's not better than Alvin Kamara 

Tampa - Fournette is better and although he hasn't had the playing time White is a better talent, he was a rookie this year. 

Akers over Singletary by a mile, what he did down the stretch after he was fully recovered from achillies surgery dwarfs Singletary. 

Pittsburgh leans on Harris he would get nothing there. 

KC like athletes, they dumped CEH who is like Singletary but better. Singletary can't hold a candle to Pacheco as an athlete. 

Mixon dominates the backfield on Cinci and a superior runner between the tackles.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Foreman has had one good year and it all happened after CMC got dealt.  Dude has never started on his own teams.  Singletary's career production is so much more than Foreman.  I guess he just never got his shot in that crowded Houston backfield....

This list is ridiculous.  

If you think that lost is ridiculous you just don't watch football. Especially if you don't think Khalil Herbert is better. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

He runs the ball vs light boxes the majority of the time more then anyone in the league and I’m also very tired of the Oline excuse used by some here . Yes the Oline is middle of the pack but the problem is Singletary sucks and can’t create on his own . Singletary needs everything perfect around him when u see a nice run by him it’s usually the Oline opening a big hole for him and when he gets to the 2nd level that’s were we see his average skills because he doesn’t do much in space. 

Give any talented back in the league this very same Oline and those light boxes and u will see something completely different u would see big explosive plays that’s something Singletary seems is allergic to.

The less Carrie’s the better YPC yes makes great sense he’s not big enough or good enough to carry a load to get 15+ touches a week . He’s a scrub and one of the main reasons we didn’t win a Super Bowl in 21/20 just look at his awful performances vs KC when we needed him most. It’s in the 2s I promise u that mof whenever we have gotten beaten in the Playoffs it has a direct correlation with Singletary having an awful gm. He can’t take the Falcons D with him in the playoffs 

Btw how many 100yd rushing games does your boy have these last 2 yrs ? The answer is a whooping 2 . 1 per season and against the worst rushing defenses in the league in 21 vs the Falcons and vs the awful Bears this yr. Just amazing how jag Singleydpercarry is . 
Please don’t come back with the if he had more touches talk because he didn’t earn more touches that’s what talented backs do. Something like I said Singletary seems allergic to. 

This guy gets it. Thank you.

Your issue is you are in a conversation with homers that don't watch any football outside of the Bills, completely ignore his horrendous athletic profile, and love to overrate Bills rather than be honest. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

It's very curious, but many of those disparaging Singletary are also severe critics of the OL. Seems to me that someone who puts up the numbers DS did behind an atrocious OL might actually be pretty good, and conversely, backs that put up better numbers on other teams probably would put up much worse numbers if they had to play in Buffalo with its offensive schemes and lousy OL. I like DS and if the number is right I'd resign him.

Herein lies s a post i can get on board with !
 I do not give a hoot nor holler if Devin would be a fit somewhere else. (no disrespect to the OP please )
How does he fit in Buffalo.
Allen seems to love him as do the Coaches. Are they using him to his potential, as with Cook ? Perhaps not.

But he surely has shown his value as a Buffalo Bills specifically !

I think with Cook become that Other dimension and mixing Hines in , Singletary could remain a worthwhile asset to our Offense.

Hines needs to give up some cap to Devin . Just enough to keep the threesome together

Go Bills

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The point of this thread is that the RB position should be upgraded. 

Beane is aware of this which is why he kicked the tires on McCaffrey.  I hope he's learned from the his mistake of NOT pulling the trigger, seeing Christian's impact on the 49ers.  

Hines > McKittrick
Beanes solved this well enough if Cook continues to raise his game. But for sure Beane saw what was needed to expand the offense with a serious pass catching RB with burst and skills after the catch

24 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

This guy gets it. Thank you.

Your issue is you are in a conversation with homers that don't watch any football outside of the Bills, completely ignore his horrendous athletic profile, and love to overrate Bills rather than be honest. 

well. Thanks for noticing us.

• Haha (+1) 1

Please look at this list and tell me who is signing Motor, for $5.5m or to be a starter.  Understandably some of these Rbs are FAs too, but this is comparing how Motor would rank. 

I'd find maybe 4 teams, other than us.  Where Motor would be either an upgrade or worth $5.5m as a "1b".  Dolphins, Pats, Rams, and Panthers.  And personally can't see the Phins or Pats as being interested.

Definitely No (order is random):

1. Jets - Breece Hall and Zonovan Knight

2. Ravens - JK and Edwards

3. Steelers - Najee and Warren

4. Browns - Chubb and Hunt

6. Bengals - Mixon and Perrine

7. Houston - Pierce

8. Colts - Taylor

9. Jags - Etienne

10. Titans - Henry

11. Broncos - Javonte

12. Raiders - Jacobs

13. Chargers - Ekeler

14. Chiefs - Pachecho and McKinnon

15. Cowboys- Pollard and Zeke

16. Giants - Barkley

17. Eagles - Sanders and Gainwell

18. Bears - Montgomery and Herbert

19. Lions - Jamal and Swift

20. Pack - Jones and Dillon

21. Vikings - Cook and Mattisson

22. Falcons - Allgeirer and Patterson

23. Saints - Kamara and Ingram

24. Bucs - Fournette and White

25. Cards - Conner and Williams

26. 49ers - Cmac and Mitchell

27. Hawks - Walker and Penny

28. Commanders - Robinson and Gibson

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

This list is ridiculous.  

I'm not trying to be mean, but you're a poor judge of RB talent.

Donta Foreman's year since he became a starter has flashed more potential than Singletary ever has.  He has more 100 yard performances in 12 games than Singletary has had in his 4 year career.

Jeff Wilson Jr. and Mostert are both better than Devin as well.  I can't ever see Motor rushing for 200 yards.  

23 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm not trying to be mean, but you're a poor judge of RB talent.

Donta Foreman's year since he became a starter has flashed more potential than Singletary ever has.  He has more 100 yard performances in 12 games than Singletary has had in his 4 year career.

Jeff Wilson Jr. and Mostert are both better than Devin as well.  I can't ever see Motor rushing for 200 yards.  

On a team that only has a running attack he finally got some work in.  He flashed so much he has only seen meaningful playing time in 1 of his 5 NFL seasons.  Jeff Wilson has a similar career arc and he also played in a run first offense until he was traded to Miami.  

You guys are in love with career backups.  I bow to your superior judgement.  

13 hours ago, StHustle said:

He’s definitely slightly above average. An average back doesn’t finish top 5, top 10 and top 15 in yards per carry amongst running backs in the first 4 years of their careers. He also has proven to be more effective when he gets more touches. Unfortunately he’s been out of the top 30 in carries per game twice out of his for years and not in the top 20 the other two years. Considering that plus the bottom tier run blocking Olines he’s had to deal with  and pass heavy offensive schemes (that rarely include RB dump offs), you can’t really say he’s not good enough. Again, he’s a top 15 yards per carry back since he’s been in the league. Not an easy feat in a league where almost all 32 teams use two backs consistently now.

He does well in YPC because he doesn't get a lot of carries and the Bills are a passing team.  Singletary is rarely, if ever, the reason we win.  Opponents focus on Josh and the receivers.   

Many years ago, I remember teams keeping a spy on OJ.   Now they keep a spy on Josh.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.