How many teams can Singletary start on

NastyNateSoldiers

1 hour ago, T master said:

But here's a big consideration in your take on Motor . How much & how he was used with in the Bills offense . When he was in the game he was a productive player & sure he had a couple of snafus along the way but for the most part he produced when he was on the field .

If the Bills had Barkley in the back (OMG would that be awesome) but seeing as everything goes through Josh he wouldn't be used like Dabol used him in NY although i think the Bills need a bigger back to have their run game be better & i don't believe that the run game in the NFL is as obsolete as the "Experts" say it is .

Look at what Barkley did for the Giants, then take a look at the Jets with Hall and any other of the same scenario around the league . 

Can any one here say that the 2 teams in the superbowl don't have really good backs behind their QB's the chiefs have Pacheco & McKinnon the eagles also have backs that are productive so i still feel although the NFL is trending more to the passing game if your going to be a championship team you definitely need a above average running game & Cook is a good start .

What did Barkley do for the giants?  Side by side his stats with Motor/Cook and you get very similar production.  NYG outgained Buffalo 2519 to 2232 in rush yards yards (buffalo had 1 fewer game), and had 90 additional carries.  

25 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I disagree, the worst RB philosophy is what the Bills tried before Singletary.

And that’s spent/worn out veterans like Mike Tolbert, Chris Ivory, Frank Gore being the lead back.

The next line of my post was they have over valued the position relative to round. 

And Beane owns the horrid Moss evaluation.

I do think you need a draftable traits running back on the team, meaning it can’t just be undrafted players, but it needs to be 5th, 6th and 7th rounders who play one contract out and then leave. 

Moss was a tackle breaking machine in college.  He just always seemed tentative in the NFL.  Missing holes, and just generally not playing the way he was capable.  

29 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He'd start on any team where the RB isn't named Saquon Barkley, Derrick Henry, or CMC, so I got 28 teams other than the Bills.

So he'd start ahead of:

Jacobs

Chubb

Sanders

Cook

Etienne

Taylor

Kumara

Pollard

Walker

....I think based on how slow he is you're looking at maybe 10-12  teams he could start for.

41 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He'd start on any team where the RB isn't named Saquon Barkley, Derrick Henry, or CMC, so I got 28 teams other than the Bills.

I'm sensing sarcasm.

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So he'd start ahead of:

Jacobs

Chubb

Sanders

Cook

Etienne

Taylor

Kumara

Pollard

Walker

....I think based on how slow he is you're looking at maybe 10-12  teams he could start for.

Not even that many. 

Latavius Murray > Devin Singletary

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I wouldn't even offer him a contract.  Go into next season with Cook, Hines & a bigger sized rookie and don't ever consider bringing him back. 

If he comes back, it will be similar to this year when we brought back McKenzie who for the most part was disappointing. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I disagree, the worst RB philosophy is what the Bills tried before Singletary.

And that’s spent/worn out veterans like Mike Tolbert, Chris Ivory, Frank Gore being the lead back.

The next line of my post was they have over valued the position relative to round. 

And Beane owns the horrid Moss evaluation.

I do think you need a draftable traits running back on the team, meaning it can’t just be undrafted players, but it needs to be 5th, 6th and 7th rounders who play one contract out and then leave. 

Moss had decent stats once he was traded to the Colts, which underscores the issues discussed here ad nauseum regarding the offensive line and overall scheme.

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would say the Dolphins and maybe the Falcons and Panthers. There are a lot of free agent backs this year, so he will wind up with one of the teams who lose their guy like NYG, Chicago, Carolina. 

Falcons- U haven’t watched Tyler Allgeier he’s much better then Singletary . TA runs with speed and power something Singletary has no clue how to do.

Dolphins - have 2 better bks but I would love to see Singletary there that would be fun playing a jag bk twice a yr, lol. 

Bears - I can’t see the Bears giving the starting job to Singletary over Herbert unless they plan on losing again next season that won’t be too smart. 

Giants- This is his best bet if Barkley leaves . But most likely the Giants will franchise tag Bark 

Panthers- If they bring bk Foreman they’ll be no room for Singleyard in this bk field. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

He sees light boxes sometimes but he runs behind a not very good OL. 

He's not built to carry the load? How many games has he been injured? He's done just fine. And again, we aren't asking him to carry the load. Few teams do these days. This isn't the 1970s anymore.

Only eight guys in the league carry the ball more than 3 carries a game more than Singletary. Again, not the '70s anymore.

And the fact that hes not getting a ton of carries has nothing to do with his higher per carry. Where do you get the idea that helps? Lots of carries helps with total yards of course, but where's your evidence it helps with YPC. There is none.

He runs the ball vs light boxes the majority of the time more then anyone in the league and I’m also very tired of the Oline excuse used by some here . Yes the Oline is middle of the pack but the problem is Singletary sucks and can’t create on his own . Singletary needs everything perfect around him when u see a nice run by him it’s usually the Oline opening a big hole for him and when he gets to the 2nd level that’s were we see his average skills because he doesn’t do much in space. 

Give any talented back in the league this very same Oline and those light boxes and u will see something completely different u would see big explosive plays that’s something Singletary seems is allergic to.

The less Carrie’s the better YPC yes makes great sense he’s not big enough or good enough to carry a load to get 15+ touches a week . He’s a scrub and one of the main reasons we didn’t win a Super Bowl in 21/20 just look at his awful performances vs KC when we needed him most. It’s in the 2s I promise u that mof whenever we have gotten beaten in the Playoffs it has a direct correlation with Singletary having an awful gm. He can’t take the Falcons D with him in the playoffs 

Btw how many 100yd rushing games does your boy have these last 2 yrs ? The answer is a whooping 2 . 1 per season and against the worst rushing defenses in the league in 21 vs the Falcons and vs the awful Bears this yr. Just amazing how jag Singleydpercarry is . 
Please don’t come back with the if he had more touches talk because he didn’t earn more touches that’s what talented backs do. Something like I said Singletary seems allergic to. 

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

he's a jag or a jag+, but nothing more.  can pass block and runs hard, but no speed and a total liability in the passing game.

w allen forcing the entire nfl to D him w light boxes, a decent rb and OL should be able to just mash away for yards, looking like how mixon looked against us in our last game (behind pure practice squad scrubs no less).

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Moss had decent stats once he was traded to the Colts, which underscores the issues discussed here ad nauseum regarding the offensive line and overall scheme.

Moss had the best ypc on the Bills when he got traded. Btw YPC is a overrated stat. To me is if your back is good enough for teams to scheme against to prepare for to ultimately respect. Teams are more then willing to give u 4yds a carry if that means they have enough players in the secondary to challenge your passing attack . It’s the best of the backs that were missing having someone that if u don’t have at least 7 defenders in be box they will eat u for breakfast. Singletary YPC stat is full of empty calories because when we need him most u can’t find him or his 4.6 YPC in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game vs The Chiefs he averaged 2.8 YPC and in the 13secs game 2.6 and in this last playoff loss he averaged a whopping 4.2yds . That’s not good enough to help us get to the next level we need better much better. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.