Ozzy retires from touring

Draconator

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I remember seeing him on his No More Tours tour … and that was in 1992. 

Ozzy makes Brett Favre look decisive. 

I saw that exact same tour.  Swiss Villa Amphitheater, Lampe, MO.   God I am getting old.

35 minutes ago, rm -rf /* said:

I saw that exact same tour.  Swiss Villa Amphitheater, Lampe, MO.   God I am getting old.

LOL - first time I saw Ozzy was in '81 - with Randy Rhoads. Great show, opener was Def Leppard and second band was Joe Perry Project. Getting old indeed.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I saw Ozfest in like 2003. (Don't remember the exact year). Rob Zombie and System Of A Down were on the bill. I'll never forget Zombie kicking a guy sitting in the front row, who was actually sitting during Zombie's set, kicking the guy out of his seat and giving the seat to a kid at the very top of the lawn seats. Got in the crowd and everything. 

What I remember about Ozzy's set is that he had a water fetish. The vocals sounded spot on though. 

14 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

LOL - first time I saw Ozzy was in '81 - with Randy Rhoads. Great show, opener was Def Leppard and second band was Joe Perry Project. Getting old indeed.

I saw some no name band with a leaping blonde maned lead singer open for Sabbath in the late ‘70’s.

…..think they were called the Vanhalens?

🙃

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, rm -rf /* said:

I was at the Scope in Norfolk, VA.  Layne Staley had just broken his leg in a motorcycle accident either that day or the day before.  After Sepultura was done and they got AiC's stage set, the lights went out and a single spotlight hit a wheelchair at center stage.  Staley did most of the show on crutches and they had some fun with the wheelchair.  Zakk Wylde came out and sang background vocals for Man in the Box.  Such a great night of music.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Staley did most of the show on crutches and they had some fun with the wheelchair.  Zakk Wylde came out and sang background vocals for Man in the Box.  Such a great night of music.

Yes, jealousy briefly flared within upon reading this.

Awesome, for you and fun to read. Thanks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was at the Scope in Norfolk, VA.  Layne Staley had just broken his leg in a motorcycle accident either that day or the day before.  After Sepultura was done and they got AiC's stage set, the lights went out and a single spotlight hit a wheelchair at center stage.  Staley did most of the show on crutches and they had some fun with the wheelchair.  Zakk Wylde came out and sang background vocals for Man in the Box.  Such a great night of music.

I saw that show too.  91 or 92? I have the ticket somewhere. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, jayg said:

Nov. of 1992.

3 minutes ago, jayg said:

The other concert I saw in Virginia was Motley Crue/Whitesnake in 1987 at the Richmond Coliseum.  For that one, I was visiting my brother, who was in the Navy; by the time the Ozzy show came around 5 years later, I was in the Navy, too, LOL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

The other concert I saw in Virginia was Motley Crue/Whitesnake in 1987 at the Richmond Coliseum.  For that one, I was visiting my brother, who was in the Navy; by the time the Ozzy show came around 5 years later, I was in the Navy, too, LOL.

Nice! Thank you for serving.  I have lived in Richmond since 1975. I was probably at that show too but a lot of the 80s are a bit fuzzy.  I know I've seen them separately but don't remember them together so maybe I missed that one.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/1/2023 at 9:59 PM, Wacka said:

What he's gone through, I'm amazed he's still alive.

On some interview I saw years ago, he straight up said that if it wasn't for his wife, he would have been dead some time in his 20s (I think).  May have been slightly later than that.

He was lying around passed out drunk for days in an apartment (I think in LA) with empty pizza boxes on the floor and for some reason, his wife took interest in him and kept him going.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.