Eagles olineman indicted on rape and kidnapping charges

Dablitzkrieg

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

most likely a hefty fine from the NFL 

Good Lord

He is their backup G

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joshua-sills-indicted-rape-kidnapping-charges-philadelphia-eagles/

Indictment stems from 2019 in Ohio.  He's due in court February 16th.

Wonder what the Eagles do?   Will there be an outcry, as there was for a mere civil suit with no criminal indictment for Matt Araiza?

Will they suspend him?  Will the NFL take it out of their hands with the Commissioner's Exempt List?

The team said in a statement it was aware of the charges. "We have been in communication with the league office and are in the process of gathering more information," the Eagles said. "We have no further comment at this time."

🍿

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Because people are going to ask this, he's a backup OG who didn't play a snap against the 49ers and isn't on the injury report. I know it shouldn't matter, but...

Chiefs are probably getting ready to claim him 

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

If they were smart, they'd release him today.  Cut all ties and put this behind them.  He's a backup anyway.

I bet they send him home, don't let him go Zona, and cut him the day before the Super Bowl. Chiefs are jerks and would claim him

4 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’d imagine he’s soon to be an unemployed guard 

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Chiefs are probably getting ready to claim him 

I bet they send him home, don't let him go Zona, and cut him the day before the Super Bowl. Chiefs are jerks and would claim him

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-places-josh-sills-on-commissioner-exempt-list/ar-AA1702CY

And there we go.  NFL takes it out of their hands.

The NFL moved Eagles offensive lineman Josh Sills to the Commissioner Exempt list on Wednesday after he was indicted in Ohio on rape and kidnapping charges.

Sills will continue to be paid while on the list, but he will not be able to participate in practices, Super Bowl LVII or any other games until the league updates his status. The league also said that the matter will continue to be reviewed under the Personal Conduct Policy.

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It does. Sadly. He also hasn’t been found guilty yet either. But he ain’t going to be on the roster for the SB. Wonder what happened if it was Kelce or another one of their good players? Actually we know. 

You think Jason Kelce is doing that kind of nonsense?  I highly doubt it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Look for Fox to not even mention this during the Super Bowl.  Took CBS three quarters before they mentioned about Britt Reid's drunk driving accident that put a 5-yer old girl in the hospital 3 days before the super bowl. 

I long for the days of Howard Cosell who had the guts to tell it like it was.    

Did the Araiza case have any impact on the Bills after they cut him? He was a rookie too.  Maybe if this guy was a starter it would be a story but look at the Philly Oline, Hurts had all day to throw. Made our line look like a High school team.  Speaking of Araiza, had this mess never happened with him and he was the Bills punter,  does it change anything on the season? Some people on here mention the rape story as one of the pile of issues that impacted the Bills psyche and eventually compounded with Damar at the end to burn this team out. I dont see it having any impact on the field as the replacement guy seemed fine and we hardly punted anyway! But I wonder if there was any locker room impact.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.