London Opponent Odds Ranking

corta765

So with the upcoming London game I was pretty sure the Bills would play the Raiders as I thought Brady was going to go there and that was an easy matchup for marketing and exposure. But with him retired (will see lol) I think it reopens the door to a few opponents now. Just to recap Euro games almost never feature division games, it happened once with Colts Jags which was destined to happen as the Jags play there yearly but otherwise it is generally avoided. The NFC East home games against NYG and DAL are for sure not gonna be moved as those are once in every 8 years and both are big market draws. With the division games scratched and two NFC east games scratched I leaves these four and I have ranked them accordingly. Obviously FA and the draft can change this:

1. Denver - With Sean Payton going to Denver it is a perfect redemption story arch and it gives some buzz to the game. Denver did play in London last year, but that has not prevented the NFL from putting teams there for two straight years. I would imagine the game would be earlier in the Euro timeframe which starts in October and ends in early Nov.

2. Jacksonville - They made the playoffs, they have Lawrence, and they actually could benefit playing back to back weeks in England as they host one every year. Instead of traveling back they would already have a routine and the time zone change adjusted for which is a sizeable advantage.

3. Vegas- They still have some decent players, but realistically they might be fourth now in division. If Rodgers goes there I could see them jumping to #1, but they need a splash at QB to make a move up.

4. Tampa Bay - They regressed badly last year with an aging lineup that now doesn't have a QB. The NFL is pretty committed with their Euro games and they at least try in advance to put games that are potential duds from happening.

Let me know what you think might happen

13 minutes ago, Lost said:

My money is on Jacksonville

I feel like it is smart move on Jax if you can just stay another week in a row. It is still a neutral site game which helps them and they know the place way better then Buffalo. Hopefully for the Bills if they play the Jags it is a better ending then last time 💀

26 minutes ago, corta765 said:

So with the upcoming London game I was pretty sure the Bills would play the Raiders as I thought Brady was going to go there and that was an easy matchup for marketing and exposure. But with him retired (will see lol) I think it reopens the door to a few opponents now. Just to recap Euro games almost never feature division games, it happened once with Colts Jags which was destined to happen as the Jags play there yearly but otherwise it is generally avoided. The NFC East home games against NYG and DAL are for sure not gonna be moved as those are once in every 8 years and both are big market draws. With the division games scratched and two NFC east games scratched I leaves these four and I have ranked them accordingly. Obviously FA and the draft can change this:

1. Denver - With Sean Payton going to Denver it is a perfect redemption story arch and it gives some buzz to the game. Denver did play in London last year, but that has not prevented the NFL from putting teams there for two straight years. I would imagine the game would be earlier in the Euro timeframe which starts in October and ends in early Nov.

2. Jacksonville - They made the playoffs, they have Lawrence, and they actually could benefit playing back to back weeks in England as they host one every year. Instead of traveling back they would already have a routine and the time zone change adjusted for which is a sizeable advantage.

3. Vegas- They still have some decent players, but realistically they might be fourth now in division. If Rodgers goes there I could see them jumping to #1, but they need a splash at QB to make a move up.

4. Tampa Bay - They regressed badly last year with an aging lineup that now doesn't have a QB. The NFL is pretty committed with their Euro games and they at least try in advance to put games that are potential duds from happening.

Let me know what you think might happen

Jax already has a home game announced overseas.  Denver may have one as well.  I keep seeing a Vegas, Dallas, or TB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Jax already has a home game announced overseas.  Denver may have one as well.  I keep seeing a Vegas, Dallas, or TB.

Jax is heading though to Buffalo and they could easily say will just stay the ahead or after the game they host. They would have the advantage of time adjustment, knowing the area, neutral site, and preparation vs. going to Buffalo where they don't have any of those. Denver was not announced as one of the five teams hosting a game abroad, it was BUF, TEN, JAX, KC, & NE.

The Owner of the Jaguars is also the Owner of Fulham Football Club in west London....which is why they play in London all the time. I'm not sure if he has a deal that all Jags games will be played at Wembley Stadium (also on the west side) as opposed to playing at the rival Tottentham Stadium where the Bills will be hosting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Gregg said:

My guess is the Raiders. It better not be a divisional game. That would suck if we lost a true home game against a divisional rival. It can happen. I believe the Dolphins and Jets played in London a few years ago.

Typically the owner has to sign off on that type of thing. When the Colts and Jags played a while back part of it was because it was inevitable given the opponents the Jags have and Andrew Luck being there to finally get a marquee player/team in and the Colts just happened to be division. But its the NFL sooo ... lol

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Owner of the Jaguars is also the Owner of Fulham Football Club in west London....which is why they play in London all the time. I'm not sure if he has a deal that all Jags games will be played at Wembley Stadium (also on the west side) as opposed to playing at the rival Tottentham Stadium where the Bills will be hosting.

He does. Jags play at Wembley. But as they would be "visitors" the Bills could host them at Spurs. Not sure London has ever had a "repeat" matchup though so I suspect Bills - Jags is unlikely.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

I feel like it is smart move on Jax if you can just stay another week in a row. It is still a neutral site game which helps them and they know the place way better then Buffalo. Hopefully for the Bills if they play the Jags it is a better ending then last time 💀

At least Bills are not starting EJ Manuel

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Every time I am reminded of this game, I wince in pain a little.

I hate this idea and a Bills game at 9:00am or whatever is going to suck.

I'm usually not even awake at that time on a Sunday!

Just think about the people living on the WC. Every Sunday football starts for them at 10:00am.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.