Brady retires

BeastMode54

13 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Yet couldn't beat a Brady led team in 2 of the biggest games of his young career. 

14 seasons of the 21 he was the starter (2008 not included) he made it to the final 4

Mahomes has hosted the championship game all 5 years he's been a starter.

Those single game matchups don't mean as much as you think they do. Again Eli Manning beat Brady twice in the SB. So Eli > Brady then?

44 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Mahomes has hosted the championship game all 5 years he's been a starter.

Those single game matchups don't mean as much as you think they do. Again Eli Manning beat Brady twice in the SB. So Eli > Brady then?

Manning has 2 SB appearances Brady has 10 and 7 SB Victories. Mahomes has 3 playoff losses.. 2 of those are to Brady.  Only Cowherd think Mohamed is better NOW. 

• Like (+1) 1

Perhaps this is slightly off-topic, but if we are to assume that he means it this time, it's a matter of time before this guy shows up on Sundays commenting on football games.

I don't know if they want to use him as a color guy calling games, or if he'd be more of a studio host.

One thing is for sure, I literally can't listen to that guy's whiny voice and I will absolutely actively turn the channel to avoid the guy--unless he's calling a Bills game.  At which point I'll turn the volume off and listen to WGR-550, with a time synch problem!  I don't care.

I just can't listen to that guy---he does these car rental commercials and you can't avoid the guy---I can't stand him!

16 hours ago, arcane said:

Wow, 3 whole times?

To be fair, it would have been 10 had he not been mobile.  Patrick was running for his life majority of the game, but thems the breaks.  

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Manning has 2 SB appearances Brady has 10 and 7 SB Victories. Mahomes has 3 playoff losses.. 2 of those are to Brady.  Only Cowherd think Mohamed is better NOW. 

1 of those losses was hinged on a bs roughing the passer call.  The outcome is still the outcome, but Pepperidge Farm remembers.

15 hours ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

You do know that there are sports outside of the US, right?

I don't think that there is any real arguement (well, obviously there is but not in my mind that he is the GOAT when it comes to American Football

I would rank Gretzky and Jordan above him in US Sports and would rank Federer, maybe Pelé, and definitely Bradman above him outside the US.

When I think of Hockey, Tennis, Golf, and Cricket I think of sports that a whole subsection of society either A. Doesnt have the predetermined location, or B. Societal standing to play growing up. 

Brady competed against the best athletes in the entire world.   How many of those same athletes ever had the chance to pick up  tennis racket or hockey stick because of societal standing? 

Not to mention there are multiple professional sports leagues for hockey, soccer, and basketball across the world.   Brady played in the only professional football league.  

17 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

It pains me to say it but you're right. The truth is the truth. Bellyacher Bill Belichick hasn’t done a thing without Tom. 

Anyone saying any different is off their nut or has a personal vendetta against the guy.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

To be fair, it would have been 10 had he not been mobile.  Patrick was running for his life majority of the game, but thems the breaks.  

1 of those losses was hinged on a bs roughing the passer call.  The outcome is still the outcome, but Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Pepperidge farms needs a memory check.. lol.. One was due to an off side call on the D that negated a Gronk responsible Interception.. (which was the correct call funny how that was a call missed in last years SB to clinch the win for the Rams)I do believe you’re thinking of the regular season game that was decided by a roughing the passer call.   The point being head to head in the playoffs  Mahomes is 0-2 against Brady.

Besides that if Mahomes loses this SB he be 1-2  while Brady at the same time would be 3-0.  Mahomes has to be good for like 20 years to be in the discussion.. He is definitely a great QB and IMO the best in the NFL right now.. but 5 years from now he could be out of the league. (Not saying he will be just that is how football is )

Tom Brady is undoubtedly the most successful QB of all time.  I wouldn't consider him the best QB of all time.   He never wowed me.  Didn't have any real superlative attributes.  Doesn't possess a crazy highlight reel.  Just very well prepared, performed very well, and had ice in his veins at crunch time.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Pepperidge farms needs a memory check.. lol.. One was due to an off side call on the D that negated a Gronk responsible Interception.. (which was the correct call funny how that was a call missed in last years SB to clinch the win for the Rams)I do believe you’re thinking of the regular season game that was decided by a roughing the passer call.   The point being head to head in the playoffs  Mahomes is 0-2 against Brady.

Besides that if Mahomes loses this SB he be 1-2  while Brady at the same time would be 3-0.  Mahomes has to be good for like 20 years to be in the discussion.. He is definitely a great QB and IMO the best in the NFL right now.. but 5 years from now he could be out of the league. (Not saying he will be just that is how football is )

This is more likely to happen to Allen with all the hits he takes every year. Really hope the Bills can build an OL and develop a running game with the RB's doing the running. I don't mind Allen running once in a while as sometimes he has to avoid the rush. But when your QB runs for 700-800 yards (whatever it was) in a season that is not an ideal scenario.

oh yes... it was ALL BRADY

1st Super Bowl: 16/27, 145 YDS, 1 TD. Won with last second FG. Belichick and his defense was pretty much just along for the ride! 

2nd Rams Super Bowl: 21/35, 262 YDS, 1 INT. Won 13-3 in the worst Super Bowl game (to watch as a fan) that I've ever seen in my life. Rams high flying offense scored a FG in total.

Again, Belichick and his defense were just along for the ride! It was ALL BRADY!

This one hurts, but Belichick's game plan for the Giants/Bills Super Bowl is in the HOF. Again, ALL BRADY! 

And worst of all for the Brady worshippers, since we're going by total # of SB rings: 

Super Bowl Rings:

Belichick: 8 (2 without Brady)

Brady: 7 (1 without Belichick)

I have no love for Belichick, but can we please stop pretending that the Patriots defense didn't totally carry Brady for his first several seasons?

Remember:

Brady's team wins= ALL BRADY! BRADY MAGIC!

The team Brady just happens to be the QB of (and 1/53 players) loses: It's a TEAM GAME! 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I'm not arguing Mahomes over Brady, I'm bringing into question his record against Brady.

And no, the roughing call was in the AFC Championship game.

Edited by Chicken Boo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.