Brady retires

BeastMode54

1 hour ago, jwhit34 said:

I agree Brady is the best QB all time. 

Greatest champion? I would say Bill Russell and Michael Jordan have him beat, and from coaching, John Wooden. 

In terms of football champion, I think you have to consider players from the Steel Curtin SB run and Joe Montana won 4 in 9 years. Brady beats them in longevity and volume though. Montana's Super Bowl stats are amazing (4 games):

4-0 in games

83-122, 1142 yards

11 TDs, 0 Ints

17 rushes for 107 yards and 2 TDs

Honestly, a 7-3 record in Super Bowls is significantly more impressive than 7-0, much less 4-0. Getting to the SB ten times is incredible.

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

So he gave up his marriage to a supermodel to play 1 terrible season and not make the playoffs? Doubt it. He will be playing in 2023

He probably knew they weren't going to make it once he unretired and didn't want her to get a piece of his $375 million contract with Fox. So he came back for a year to delay the contract from kicking in. All just a guess, but I think this makes the most sense.

7 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Best to ever do it.  Maybe the greatest champion in the history of sports.  

You do know that there are sports outside of the US, right?

I don't think that there is any real arguement (well, obviously there is but not in my mind that he is the GOAT when it comes to American Football

I would rank Gretzky and Jordan above him in US Sports and would rank Federer, maybe Pelé, and definitely Bradman above him outside the US.

Edited by Gunvald's Husse
  • Dislike 1

Best to ever play the position.

The fact that he played almost 3 full seasons worth of games post week 17(18) and won 35 of them (hard to win 1) is phenomenal        286-95 combined 75.1%

From Terry Glenn in Oct 2001 to Cameron Brate in  Jan 2023  735 touchdowns in between and a cool 58.3 miles in passing yards.   Just amazing to have watched ,

7 hours ago, boyst said:

@Sherlock Holmes and others, no joke this woman was maybe the best athlete of all time.

she won multiple olympic gold medals in track

all american in basketball

expert rank in baseball and softball, as well as skating diving and bowling

when she "retired" she went to the LPGA and won 10 major championships with 41 career wins.

she died at 45 years old from colon cancer, otherwise who knows what else she may have done.

Better than Tom Brady for sure. Doubt she'd cheat

1 hour ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

You do know that there are sports outside of the US, right?

I don't think that there is any real arguement (well, obviously there is but not in my mind that he is the GOAT when it comes to American Football

I would rank Gretzky and Jordan above him in US Sports and would rank Federer, maybe Pelé, and definitely Bradman above him outside the US.

If you’re bringing a cricketer into the discussion, I would counter with Joe Dimaggio. 9 rings in 15 seasons, and that’s with losing years to WWII. And if you bring up Federer, you’d have to include Rafa and Novak. 

Im also ready to die on the “Joe Montana was better” hill, buts that’s a different discussion. God speed Tom, and go eat a cheeseburger.

12 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

We spent all those years arguing Brady vs Manning and it turns out Mahomes is better than both. 

Yet couldn't beat a Brady led team in 2 of the biggest games of his young career. 

14 seasons of the 21 he was the starter (2008 not included) he made it to the final 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.