Brady retires

BeastMode54

40 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Proof that using a one game sample to determine who is the better qb is really stupid? 

Like Drew Brees beat Manning in a SB. Does that make him better than Manning in your view? 

Nah just someone who doesn’t think “Ringz” determines who the best is. The reason why Marino will always be better than Montana. 

Right......

My gut says he is retired for good this time, but I won't believe it until more time goes by and it's obvious he is not coming back.

For now, it feels like he might be back, just as it was before this announcement.

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

My gut says he is retired for good this time, but I won't believe it until more time goes by and it's obvious he is not coming back.

For now, it feels like he might be back, just as it was before this announcement.

Last time, he "retired" to get the Bucs to release him so he could go to the Dolphins. Now, he's a FA and could go anywhere. 

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Best to ever do it.  Maybe the greatest champion in the history of sports.  

I don't understand this perspective. Being a serial cheater takes it away.

Ik nobody wants to talk about it now (maybe in time?) But that pats "dynasty" was the preeminent cheaters in pro sports history. They got caught like 5 or more time, which obviously means there were many more instances than just those 5.

When you do that, you should be disqualified from greatest anything... Other than greatest cheater for getting away with it so many times.

They deserve no praise. No goat status. Nothing but shame. But they don't get it🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'll believe it when it happens, he and Rodgers can't seem to get enough attention, and they keep running it back....over and over

Maybe Brady, like Rodgers and Favre just has great passion for the game and doesn’t want it to end.  What’s your passion? Imagine if you were a musician, golfer, painter, etc., early 40’s, in great health, but you knew that you could no longer participate, you might try to prolong it until it was completely unreasonable to continue. 

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Ik nobody wants to talk about it now (maybe in time?) But that pats "dynasty" was the preeminent cheaters in pro sports history. They got caught like 5 or more time, which obviously means there were many more instances than just those 5.

When you do that, you should be disqualified from greatest anything... Other than greatest cheater for getting away with it so many times.

They deserve no praise. No goat status. Nothing but shame. But they don't get it🤷🏻‍♂️

Or maybe the "serial cheater" model you built up in your head is at odds with the reality that most people live in, for reasons so obvious they don't need to be pointed out, and the allegations are broadly a joke, especially if you think they contribute even remotely as much to his success as how good he was 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

I never understood all the talk about where he was going to play next year. Don't care about the stats, he was god awful this season. Like almost hard to watch bad. Don't know why any team would want him.

Greatest QB ever. No one will ever come close. 7 rings 10 SB appearances. Absurd.

The Colts would love him, they love themselves some leftovers.

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

Maybe Brady, like Rodgers and Favre just has great passion for the game and doesn’t want it to end.  What’s your passion? Imagine if you were a musician, golfer, painter, etc., early 40’s, in great health, but you knew that you could no longer participate, you might try to prolong it until it was completely unreasonable to continue. 

Women

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Best to ever do it.  Maybe the greatest champion in the history of sports.  

I agree Brady is the best QB all time. 

Greatest champion? I would say Bill Russell and Michael Jordan have him beat, and from coaching, John Wooden. 

In terms of football champion, I think you have to consider players from the Steel Curtin SB run and Joe Montana won 4 in 9 years. Brady beats them in longevity and volume though. Montana's Super Bowl stats are amazing (4 games):

4-0 in games

83-122, 1142 yards

11 TDs, 0 Ints

17 rushes for 107 yards and 2 TDs

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Valid points here for sure. And notice how New England NEVER blew anybody out in the SuperBowls? Almost all were a FG 3 point difference. Never dominated any of them. Now, a win is a win, especially the championship, but its just strikes me funny because look at the 49ers SB wins or '85 Bears, hell even Dallas destroying the Bills. Those were dominated wins. NE always squeaked by (big thanks to Adam Vinatieri).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.