Accountability?

5ths the charm

So at this point the only coaching change is a safeties coach that held his position together with tape and glue. Is it about accountability or familiarity for the Bills. The same can be said with our scouts missing on draft picks. Our Defense was reliant on the offense scoring which put other teams in catch up mode. We cannot survive with an offense that needed josh to scramble or throw 50 yard bombs twice a game. Thoughts?

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

So at this point the only coaching change is a safeties coach that held his position together with tape and glue. Is it about accountability or familiarity for the Bills. The same can be said with our scouts missing on draft picks. Our Defense was reliant on the offense scoring which put other teams in catch up mode. We cannot survive with an offense that needed josh to scramble or throw 50 yard bombs twice a game. Thoughts?

That is an INteresting take.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

First, you’re assuming it’s the scouts doing a bad job and not the GM and those around him ignoring them and just choosing who they want. Yes that does happen.

Your D was 4th overall and 8th in scoring D. So while people are screaming for change here the stats don’t show it and who will you get that’s better? 

Your O is Elite but to reliant on Allen.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Accountability doesn't automatically mean "firings."

Honestly. It is one of my least favourite words in the social media age because people throw it around without any concept of what it actually means or looks like. 

Well, alright, if they are putting them on the rack and telling them "or else" I'll take that as an acceptable alternative.

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Honestly. It is one of my least favourite words in the social media age because people throw it around without any concept of what it actually means or looks like. 

It's a business: win or you're "replaced". Nothing hard about that concept.

• Agree 2

Not sure what you mean by "accountability." But I didn't like Beane saying he takes responsibility for the team falling short then turning around and criticizing the play calling (the offense not adapting in the Bengals game) and complaining about low draft picks (he doesn't want the team to "suck enough" to pick high).

His defensiveness reveals a lot. He assumed Brown, Saffold, and Davis were good enough. They weren't. Some of his draft picks may become starters, but the Bernard pick in the third looks pretty bad, and the Araiza pick is inexcusable. 

I'm not arguing he's doing a bad job. But I don't think his performance as GM wasn't good enough last year, even setting aside the injuries and traumas. He's not going anywhere, obviously, but he--more than the coaches, IMHO--needs to up his game. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

It's a business: win or you're "replaced". Nothing hard about that concept.

They won 14 games. Only one team wins the Super Bowl. 

Now, should we have some accountability with new threads? Everybody is trying to find new word arrangements to say the same basics things. THEY WANT TO VENT. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Now, should we have some accountability with new threads? Everybody is trying to find new word arrangements to say the same basics things. THEY WANT TO VENT. 

That is a specious argument, "they won 14 games". They can't win a championship for tangible reasons; substandard defensive coaching and scheming in playoffs two years running; an inadequate offensive line unable to protect possibly the quarterback, or establish a consistent run game; poor drafting in multiple years, particularly in the top rounds. The response, or lack of, from One Bills Drive appears to be business as usual. I for one, would like to hear something from ownership.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe they can create a LAMP (L👀k At My Pathetic post) board,

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

First, you’re assuming it’s the scouts doing a bad job and not the GM and those around him ignoring them and just choosing who they want. Yes that does happen.

Your D was 4th overall and 8th in scoring D. So while people are screaming for change here the stats don’t show it and who will you get that’s better? 

The defense gets exposed as frauds when they play a good team with a good QB. Padding the stats against average to bad teams doesn't make the Bills defense good. The offense would be so much better if Beane would focus on building the OL. I think even with the current WR's and RB's we have would be fine if we had a good OL. Actually, we need to improve the LOS on both sides of the ball if we want to win a Lombardi. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, 5ths the charm said:

I hold Beane and McDermott personally responsible for what we have seen here!!!!!

Taking a totally irrelevant franchise for nearly two decades to the playoffs 5 out of 6 years, and legit super bowl contenders for the last 3.

HEADS MUST ROLL!!!!!

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

That is a specious argument, "they won 14 games". They can't win a championship for tangible reasons; substandard defensive coaching and scheming in playoffs two years running; an inadequate offensive line unable to protect possibly the quarterback, or establish a consistent run game; poor drafting in multiple years, particularly in the top rounds. The response, or lack of, from One Bills Drive appears to be business as usual. I for one, would like to hear something from ownership.

That sounds horrible! And yet…..they won 14 games! Hmmm…..

Of course there are things to improve. That’s always the case, and quite true with the Bills. 

As for hearing from the owners, we are NOT the Cowboys, and I like it that way. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Our O is not elite with Ken Dorsey as our OC... we are declining in performance as his plan of heavily relying on Josh Allen plan failed.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Actually sounds like what comes out of McD's mouth, but he is the last to take it.

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

Wow, what a hot take!!!!🙄

Right up there when any post questioning the Bills play after the bye was met with "The Bills won, that's all that matters".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

That sounds horrible! And yet…..they won 14 games! Hmmm…..

Of course there are things to improve. That’s always the case, and quite true with the Bills. 

As for hearing from the owners, we are NOT the Cowboys, and I like it that way. 

Generally what we hear from owners is "What do you need to get better and how can we help?"

On the Allen visit Josh was impressed that Pegulas came and their response to Beane was this is the QB we want.

Brandon Beane has been able to hire a great number of well respected staff with a number of them getting promotions elsewhere.

The Pegulas have helped players and their families move in and be comfortable here.

Kim Pegula was respected in owners' meetings.

The Pegulas have supported the WNY community.

The only thing they have not done is unilaterally put a dome on new stadium and some at OBD do not appear to want one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.