On this date in history, Buffalo had a record 9 turnovers in a 52-17 loss to Dallas in SB XXVII

chongli

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, transient said:

I suppose... I mean, if you somehow got Tommy Lee's hepatitis in the process.

Motor-boating is a very safe activity. No exchange of bodily fluids. But so much fun with the right partner. That's why I, as a responsible poster, chose it.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Looking at the play by play. Bills cut the lead to 14-10 with under 4 minutes left in the first half. But they would end up going into half time down 28-10. 

2 turnovers, 2 TD passes to Irvin in my endzone

• Sad 1

Here's what's kind of funny, and kind of sad: no one in the world was more tuned into Bills football than me in 1992/1993.  And I can guarantee you I thoughtfully watched EVERY SECOND of that game.

And yet just now I had no memory of that score, and no memory of 9 turnovers!  When you say "Pasadena" I have negative thoughts and memories, vaguely, and that we got our butts kicked (again) but I don't remember those details! 

I think I have driven them out of my memory.

I always said I would never watch the Super Bowl games again, and so far, I haven't.

11 hours ago, jkeerie said:

And you brought this up why???

11 hours ago, chongli said:

"Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” 

-- Winston Churchill

Hey Jkeerie, history is history.  And it doesn't change. Even if you don't like it.

40 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

If it happened today, Marv Levy would deserve it. 

Marv is greatly over-estimated on this board, like most things Bills related! 

• Agree 1

I was in the stadium. They put big cards under our seats to hold up during Michael Jackson’s set. My section had all white cards. I had one of the three black ones to indicate an eye pupil. I was so p*ssed off I didn’t hold up my card. 
I’m sorry I messed up the entire show. I’ve been needing to get that off my chest. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Ahh, the memories.

That year -- not dissimilar to this season in some ways -- I had a feeling the Bills were "destined" to win it all.  Kelly's injury, a "down" regular season, but then the miraculous comeback against Houston and road wins in Pittsburgh and Miami -- I just knew it was going to be our year.  That lasted about a quarter.

For as bad as that final score is, I remember that Reich hit Beebe for a long TD right at the end of the 3rd quarter to make it a 31-17 game.  That hope lasted for about two minutes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevens273 said:

I was in the stadium. They put big cards under our seats to hold up during Michael Jackson’s set. My section had all white cards. I had one of the three black ones to indicate an eye pupil. I was so p*ssed off I didn’t hold up my card. 
I’m sorry I messed up the entire show. I’ve been needing to get that off my chest. 

Remember the halftime show where scores of small children choreographed an impassioned rush to the stage while Jacko performed? If only the NFL knew then what we know now! I also remember being surrounded by filthy rich Cowboys fans, and at least one had a gold lame cowboy hat (we had really good seats through a stroke of luck). 

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Highest scoring SB and we only provided 17 😬

Should have been 59-24 -- Lett should have scored and James Lofton dropped the easiest of TD passes in last-minute garbage time.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

I wasn't able to watch this one because I was on a foreign exchange program in high school. When the game started we were at a hotel in Paris getting ready to sleep and one of the other students called their parents and they were hyped because the Bills had just scored and it was 7-0. We went to sleep with high hopes and when we woke up in the morning to check the score in the newspaper... 52-17. Yikes.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, H2o said:

The 4 SB's for me were 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade, and 12th grade. It taught me how to love my teams, but be able to detach emotionally and not let people get to me. A lesson learned due to the fact any given day 400 people could end up mouthing off to me about what happened. Do I still get frustrated by things at times and carry it in the moment, or a day or two after? Absolutely. But the people who say things can't really get under my skin. 

Hello from a fellow "Class of 1994" graduate. Back in those days I never let the outcome of a sporting event dictate my emotional state. I wish it would have stayed like that.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.