On this date in history, Buffalo had a record 9 turnovers in a 52-17 loss to Dallas in SB XXVII

chongli

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

9 turnovers!!??

Never knew that. Or that it was even possible to turn the ball over that many times and still score 17 points. Typically, you only get about 10 or 11 possessions in a game.

I was at the game. Sat right behind Ted Danson and Whoopi at the 40 yard line about 20 rows up.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

After that first drive, 10 year old me was super confident.  It was a hard lesson in life.  Next day at school wasn't a picnic either.  

The 4 SB's for me were 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade, and 12th grade. It taught me how to love my teams, but be able to detach emotionally and not let people get to me. A lesson learned due to the fact any given day 400 people could end up mouthing off to me about what happened. Do I still get frustrated by things at times and carry it in the moment, or a day or two after? Absolutely. But the people who say things can't really get under my skin. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

The 4 SB's for me were 9th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade, and 12th grade. It taught me how to love my teams, but be able to detach emotionally and not let people get to me. A lesson learned due to the fact any given day 400 people could end up mouthing off to me about what happened. Do I still get frustrated by things at times and carry it in the moment, or a day or two after? Absolutely. But the people who say things can't really get under my skin. 

Kindergarten through 3rd grade for me....so having no life experience whatsoever those Super Losses felt like the absolute worst thing that could ever possibly happen in life for me😂

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

You are right.  Some on this board are so neurotic they think they could control front office.

That is what happened when Bills organization closed down BBMB.

I remember a host on WGR a while back saying they got calls everyday to bench Jim Kelly and start Frank Reich in the Super Bowl. 

It’s amazing how losing makes fans think. Doesn’t matter if you’re one of the best teams. If you lose you need to make drastic changes in the eyes of many fans.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

My response to everybody is that the last time I checked, I didn’t play in the game. So I didn’t fail. 

• Like (+1) 2

and to think that Joe Montana played, won 4 super bowls with no interceptions and was MVP 3 times, the second greatest behind Brady me thinks :

Super Bowls

Super Bowl XVI – San Francisco 49ers 26, Cincinnati Bengals 21
Montana started at quarterback. He completed 14 of 22 passes for 157 yards, one touchdown, and no interceptions. Montana also had six rushes for 18 yards and one touchdown. He was named the game’s Most Valuable Player.

Super Bowl XIX – San Francisco 49ers 38, Miami Dolphins 16
Montana started at quarterback. He completed 24 of 35 passes for 331 yards, three touchdowns, and no interceptions. Montana also had five rushes for 59 yards and one touchdown. He was named the game’s Most Valuable Player.

Super Bowl XXIII – San Francisco 49ers 20, Cincinnati Bengals 16
Montana started at quarterback. He completed 23 of 36 passes for 357 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions. He also had four rushes for 13 yards. Montana guided the 49ers on a 92-yard drive for the game-winning touchdown with 34 seconds left to play in the game.

Super Bowl XXIV – San Francisco 49ers 55, Denver Broncos 10
Montana started at quarterback. He completed 22 of 29 passes for 297 yards, five touchdowns, and no interceptions. Montana also had two rushes for 15 yards. He was named the game’s Most Valuable Player.

• Like (+1) 1

I was there that day at the Rose Bowl. Great memories despite the huge loss. It was a postcard of a day…sunny and clear. We had a great time! I’ve always thought it must have been a root canal to watch it on television, but having been in the stadium I only have good memories. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, chongli said:

This game in 1993 in Pasadena also marked the Bills' third consecutive Super Bowl loss. Dallas scored 35 points off these nine turnovers. This game is tied with SB XXXVII between Oakland and Tampa Bay as the highest scoring Super Bowl, with 69 combined points. This was also the first time Buffalo had played Dallas since 1984. Michael Jackson performed at the halftime show, which was the NFL's first-ever top-act signing for the game. The only good thing about this game was Don Beebe's hustle to prevent Leon Lett from scoring a TD fumble recovery after Frank Reich was stripped.

Tired of these bad memories. The Bills need to finally win one now that we have Josh.

Leon Lett's fumble into the endzone:

Tha ks for the memories.  I really needed this, this am.  *****

• Haha (+1) 1

Wasn't the Monday after this Super Bowl that Wilson fired Polian?  If that is correct, it has to be right up there with the darkest day in Bills' history.  Levy shouldn't have been safe after that debacle.  He should have been canned.  I think the question the owner always has to have in mind with his or her head coach is - will he win us a Super Bowl (same question with the GM)?  If the answer is "no", that person shouldn't be your head coach any longer.  After that Super Bowl, it was clear Levy would never lead us to a Super Bowl victory.  I think that is a fair question to ask of McDermott and Beane at this point - will they win us a Super Bowl?  If you are convinced that the answer is no, it is time to look in a differnet drection.  Not saying that time has arrvied but we're getting closer.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.