OT…Daniel Jones about to be a very very rich man

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

?  Of course it matters, we want other teams to spend more $ on QBs as ours is locked up for a good span.

Didn't locking up Allen put a huge dent in the cap for the Bills?  Every team works around this--it has no bearing on the Bills.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Didn't locking up Allen put a huge dent in the cap for the Bills?  Every team works around this--it has no bearing on the Bills.

Yet the Giants also have to give Barkley a big deal too..... Jones was good last year but will he maintain that level is the question?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Yet the Giants also have to give Barkley a big deal too..... Jones was good last year but will he maintain that level is the question?  

He was mediocre as a passing QB:  3200 (25th), 15 (tied 21)  6.8 YPA (tied 23).  He's in the range of Jimmy G, Mariota  and Tannehill----and this is his best season since rookie.

How much will a team pay for that? If the Giants don't sing him, that brings his value down, I think. He is most valuable to them in that system.  But if Barkley goes, they are sunk with Jones at QB. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was mediocre as a passing QB:  3200 (25th), 15 (tied 21)  6.8 YPA (tied 23).  He's in the range of Jimmy G, Mariota  and Tannehill----and this is his best season since rookie.

How much will a team pay for that? If the Giants don't sing him, that brings his value down, I think. He is most valuable to them in that system.  But if Barkley goes, they are sunk with Jones at QB. 

sounds like QB purgatory to me, franchise him and trade him to the highest bidder. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KHAN said:

Jones would be nuts not to take something like a 2 year $50 M deal to stay with Daboll.

It's his best chance to become a real franchise QB and then hit the open market young enough to get the huge contract. Someone might give it to him now. But his odds of having a great career would be a lot lower. Maybe SanFran? Who else needs a QB with a great coach?

Jones would be nuts not to explore the market and take the best deal he gets.  The iron is probably the hottest it will ever be for him right now.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Doc said:

Jones would be nuts not to explore the market and take the best deal he gets.  The iron is probably the hottest it will ever be for him right now.

What hot iron?  He looked awful against the Eagles.  Davis Webb played a closer game two weeks prior.

39 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What hot iron?  He looked awful against the Eagles.  Davis Webb played a closer game two weeks prior.

It's still his best season as a pro and he's an UFA.  Might as well see what's out there.

• Agree 1

From Spotrac, his market value is estimated to be right around what I said...$25-30 million. But let's be real...that's still a lot of money, so I guess it depends on your definition of "very rich". However, compared to other QB's, he is average. He's made $26.2 million so far in his career, so this would basically give him a 1 year salary of what he made for the past 4 years, which by any accounts is very good if you can get a 4 for 1, and also likely give him a huge payday this year when factoring in the signing bonus which he gets up front.

image.thumb.png.b9b38f6ec46cc8f1ba5c8556ea9f8b91.png

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Same for Geno Smith...what's that worth?

Jones has 60 passing TDs in 54 games. 36 over the past 3 seasons. 

Except Geno is almost 33 years old.  But it will be interesting to see what the Seahawks do there as well.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

he's low mileage. 

And looks physically sharp out there. He's still fluid in his mobility and throws a great ball. I always thought he threw a great ball; he just was in bad situations and compounded that with too many terrible reads of the field. If you're a coach, he was a guy who was easy to lose faith in. He's gotten better on the mental side for sure, but the physical talent he showed this year was always there. 

Edited by dave mcbride

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

And looks physically sharp out there. He's still fluid in his mobility and throws a great ball. I always thought he threw a great ball; he just was in bad situations and compounded that with too many terrible reads of the field. If you're a coach, he was a guy who was easy to lose faith in. He's gotten better on the mental side for sure, but the physical talent he showed this year was always there. 

Agreed.  Years of riding the bench really helped ole Geno and also humbled him as well.

I think posters here are underselling what a desperate franchise will pay for a potential franchise QB.  I think Jones gets more money than $25-30 million/yr.

I had said a couple weeks ago that he would most likely get around $40 Million a year.

It's not because I believe he's worth $40M, just that this is a QB driven league and there is probably enough out there on him for some team to take the gamble.

Personally, I think he's a $25M  a year QB, but he'll get at minimum $35M

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

faith was lost in the final game of the year.

On 1/31/2023 at 11:32 PM, Big Turk said:

Even with Daboll he wasn't that great.

In his defense, he was throwing to guys the Bills cut and the Bills have some of the worst WR depth in the league.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:26 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Oh please, I suppose you still think the Bills should have give Reich the reigns over Kelly too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.