OT…Daniel Jones about to be a very very rich man

78thealltimegreat

Jones would be nuts not to take something like a 2 year $50 M deal to stay with Daboll.

It's his best chance to become a real franchise QB and then hit the open market young enough to get the huge contract. Someone might give it to him now. But his odds of having a great career would be a lot lower. Maybe SanFran? Who else needs a QB with a great coach?

• Agree 2

I really think Carolina will go all in on him. He is a legend down in Charlotte and was a huge Panthers fan growing up and I think he is a good match for Frank Reich. Their roster is pretty good, with aLT, RT, DJ Moore, Brian Burns, Shaq Thompson, Jeremy Chinn, Jaycee Horn...they just don't have a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I really think Carolina will go all in on him. He is a legend down in Charlotte and was a huge Panthers fan growing up and I think he is a good match for Frank Reich. Their roster is pretty good, with aLT, RT, DJ Moore, Brian Burns, Shaq Thompson, Jeremy Chinn, Jaycee Horn...they just don't have a QB. 

Sounds like something a Frank Reich team would do.  First they have to let the Giants sign him so they can trade all their draft picks for him.

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

On Sirius today…there are reportedly multiple teams ready to pay Daniel Jones at least 45 million a year should he hit the open market. 

I can just imagine Joe, Justin, Lamar, and Trevor saying after 1 decent year he’s going to get what? 

We get on Brandon Beane about things but man signing Josh early is proving to be one of the best things he’s done. 

Not really spent a lot of capital and shut down the window of a SB with a QB on a rookie contract. We could have just exercised his option instead of being family friendly. Still would have got about the same amount. 

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

On Sirius today…there are reportedly multiple teams ready to pay Daniel Jones at least 45 million a year should he hit the open market. 

I can just imagine Joe, Justin, Lamar, and Trevor saying after 1 decent year he’s going to get what? 

We get on Brandon Beane about things but man signing Josh early is proving to be one of the best things he’s done. 

Mannnn idk about all of that. Hopefully it's the Jets or Dolphins.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Schoen did say the Giants and Barkley were not really close on numbers when they last spoke. Barkley wanted something like 14 or 15M per year. Giants were looking at 10-12M per year range. Sounded much more confident that they will get Jones resigned. We will have to see how it plays out. From his season ending PC its sounds like Jones is definitely coming back but Barkley is a maybe.

So the franchise tag numbers came out yesterday

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Barkley was playing on the 5th round option of a standard rookie contract - doubt he has any "no franchise tag" "no trade" etc etc language in there.

If the Giants are willing to pay Barkley $10-12M/yr, what is to stop them from franchise tagging him for $10M?  They can do it twice.

That's a little thermonuclear, so it's wise of Schoen not to go there immediately, but the Giants success was heavily built on running the football this season.  They had exactly the same number of rush attempts as pass attempts. 

It seems to me if they want Barkley, they can keep him, so that's their leverage with him to negotiate.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

All you need are two teams to be interested and Jones could very well command 45 million per year.  And with Brady off the market and uncertainty swirling around Tua & Purdy Jones will likely have more then two teams interested.

30 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Not really spent a lot of capital and shut down the window of a SB with a QB on a rookie contract. We could have just exercised his option instead of being family friendly. Still would have got about the same amount. 

Who Allen? Or Jones? Cause Allen is making 39 next year which for his production is practically shopping at the dollar general.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

All you need are two teams to be interested and Jones could very well command 45 million per year.  And with Brady off the market and uncertainty swirling around Tua & Purdy Jones will likely have more then two teams interested.

Derek Carr is currently making 42 next year are Daniel Jones and Carr the same level of player a case can be made yes they are

• Like (+1) 1

The smartest thing for the Giants to do is to Franchise Tag him and make him repeat or better the season he just had before committing long term to him.  Surround him with better weapons this year and see if he takes another leap under Daboll and Kafka(if he doesn't get a HC job)

• Like (+1) 1

45M AAV would put him in a tie for 5th in AAV with Mahomes.  Rodgers, Wilson, Murray, Watson all have an AAV above 45.  

Mariota got 9.375M AAV as a backup.  

21 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

he's not getting any more than low 30s. should be 15-20 maybe. he is replacement level for anybody but the giants, where he has a little more value because he knows the system. 

Cousins got 35.  Stafford got AAV of 40.  Same with Dak.  Carr at 40.5.  So 35 to me is not out of the realm of possibilities.  

There are no QBs making 15-20M.  Wentz and Goff both got 30+ and that was in 2019.   Top end backups are in the 6-12 range.  

26 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would bet you $45 million on Jones not getting $45 million.  

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.