OT…Daniel Jones about to be a very very rich man

78thealltimegreat

On Sirius today…there are reportedly multiple teams ready to pay Daniel Jones at least 45 million a year should he hit the open market. 

I can just imagine Joe, Justin, Lamar, and Trevor saying after 1 decent year he’s going to get what? 

We get on Brandon Beane about things but man signing Josh early is proving to be one of the best things he’s done. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

On Sirius today…there are reportedly multiple teams ready to pay Daniel Jones at least 45 million a year should he hit the open market. 

I can just imagine Joe, Justin, Lamar, and Trevor saying after 1 decent year he’s going to get what? 

We get on Brandon Beane about things but man signing Josh early is proving to be one of the best things he’s done. 

Seems like Jones’ agent is working hard for his client. 

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yeah right. There are zero teams that are going to pay Jones that amount of money. Unless there is a bunch of funky accounting going on where he makes like $25-30 million the first few years and the number balloons to make the average come out to that but both sides know he is never seeing that money.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not to pile on, but Mahomes is the best contract in the game right now and it’s not close. 

Not upset with Allen’s deal at all. But I don’t think the GM deserves an attaboy for Allen’s current deal. 

Edited by Mango
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Yeah right. People have to stop beli  every media report that gets put out there. As someone else said, agents feed these “reports” to their sources to hype of their clients.

Jones is dollar general Allen. He has some of the tools but he is so meh. This year in his “breakout” year he had a whopping 15 td passes. He ceiling is maybe Ryan Tannehill. I think the worst thing to happen to the Giants is he won a playoff game against a fraud Minnesota team with a terrible defense. Jones ain’t the long term answer but they probably have to at least tag him now.  He is the definition of qb purgatory. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Schoen already said the Giants want him back and they will get him signed. Said getting Barkley resigned won't be as easy but the Giants want him back as well.

What else would he say? It’s worth noting that his 5th year option for 2023 was not picked up last offseason. I guess a transition or non-exclusive franchise tag are still options. I just don’t see the Giants committing to him long term. 

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Takin' Care of Business and Workin' Overtime....

There hasn't been a wedding reception with a DJ that hasn't heard that clinker. 😁

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Schoen already said the Giants want him back and they will get him signed. Said getting Barkley resigned won't be as easy but the Giants want him back as well.

Ok, from BTO, to the Jackson's 'I Want You Back'.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah right. People have to stop beli  every media report that gets put out there. As someone else said, agents feed these “reports” to their sources to hype of their clients.

Jones is dollar general Allen. He has some of the tools but he is so meh. This year in his “breakout” year he had a whopping 15 td passes. He ceiling is maybe Ryan Tannehill. I think the worst thing to happen to the Giants is he won a playoff game against a fraud Minnesota team with a terrible defense. Jones ain’t the long term answer but they probably have to at least tag him now.  He is the definition of qb purgatory. 

Scary thing is his “breakout” year wasn’t even that good 3,200 yards 15 TDs 5 INT 92 QBR.. I mean that be impressive for a first or second year QB not year 5.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

What else would he say? It’s worth noting that his 5th year option for 2023 was not picked up last offseason. I guess a transition or non-exclusive franchise tag are still options. I just don’t see the Giants committing to him long term. 

Schoen did say the Giants and Barkley were not really close on numbers when they last spoke. Barkley wanted something like 14 or 15M per year. Giants were looking at 10-12M per year range. Sounded much more confident that they will get Jones resigned. We will have to see how it plays out. From his season ending PC its sounds like Jones is definitely coming back but Barkley is a maybe.

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Schoen did say the Giants and Barkley were not really close on numbers when they last spoke. Barkley wanted something like 14 or 15M per year. Giants were looking at 10-12M per year range. Sounded much more confident that they will get Jones resigned. We will have to see how it plays out. From his season ending PC its sounds like Jones is definitely coming back but Barkley is a maybe.

And I’m sure that’s true. But they’re going to spend in some fashion on a QB this off-season even if they prefer it to be someone other than Jones. That is not likely the case at RB. Keeping Jones as an option only helps them in negotiations for other QBs. Besides, he might be their best short term option anyway. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.