Please… let’s get Lukas Van Ness !

Italian Bills

9 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

He’s a beast and looks like a JJ Watt type of player. 

Considering Von will probably be out long time, we need another edge that can go after the QB consistently. 

1.) If he's a "JJ Watt type of player" - he won't be there at 28.

2.) If we Draft a 3rd Defensive End in 4 years with our top pick (not including also our 2nd pick in 2021) - I think the fan base would revolt.

Our first 2 picks need to be WR and O-Line (unless one of them is addressed in FA or the Trade Market).

10 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

1.) If he's a "JJ Watt type of player" - he won't be there at 28.

2.) If we Draft a 3rd Defensive End in 4 years with our top pick (not including also our 2nd pick in 2021) - I think the fan base would revolt.

Our first 2 picks need to be WR and O-Line (unless one of them is addressed in FA or the Trade Market).

Your points are both correct, but i feel that this would be the real deal.

Van Ness is a nice prospect. I will say that a lot of his pressures/sacks come from lining up inside on the guard on passing downs. This was something that the Bills were allegedly going to do with AJ Epenesa and Boogie Basham, and we have seen none of that. I think he is better than both of those guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

No thanks on Van Ness.  Good prospect but we need a blur off the edge.  Already have 3 ‘bull rush’ DEs in Epenesa, Groot, Basham, that aren’t effective rushing inside or out.

Campbell is a stud.  Could be a replacement for Tremaine as a rookie.  Big, fast, great in zone coverage.

But… i would just go Offense first 2-3 rounds.  Give Josh everything he needs and try to out-score people.  We’ve invested a ton on Defense and offered zero resistance the past 2 playoff losses.  Time to stop throwing good $ after bad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, WeckMonster said:

No thanks on Van Ness.  Good prospect but we need a blur off the edge.  Already have 3 ‘bull rush’ DEs in Epenesa, Groot, Basham, that aren’t effective rushing inside or out.

Campbell is a stud.  Could be a replacement for Tremaine as a rookie.  Big, fast, great in zone coverage.

But… i would just go Offense first 2-3 rounds.  Give Josh everything he needs and try to out-score people.  We’ve invested a ton on Defense and offered zero resistance the past 2 playoff losses.  Time to stop throwing good $ after bad.

Campbell really is a stud. It is not an overstatement to say that he could replace Tremaine.

• Agree 1

On 1/31/2023 at 4:04 PM, Italian Bills said:

He’s a beast and looks like a JJ Watt type of player. 

Considering Von will probably be out long time, we need another edge that can go after the QB consistently. 

The only thing with that is Edmunds & Poyer more than likely won't be back so there are other holes that are more of a priority than D line which the Bills have invested in heavily the last couple of years plus the players that won't be back on the offensive side of the ball if he were to fall into the later rounds maybe but i'm to seeing that happen .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.