Please… let’s get Lukas Van Ness !

Italian Bills

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Love him. I watch a ton of Iowa to study OL stuff. Van Ness is going to go mid 1st. If he test well, gonna be top ten imo. 

I’ll take Jack Campbell though. 

I don’t know about Campbell, but i can say something about Van Ness. You’ll see, take note and we’ll talk about it in few months. 
He has speed, he’s strong, quick feet and most of all character. 

When i say he can be the next JJ Watt i’m not kidding. 

1 hour ago, TheCockSportif said:

I can see the marketing slogan of Van Ness Monster already.  I'm in the wrong line of business.

Yeah, but the Loch Ness Monster is known as "Nessie" and that does not sound like a tough football guy sort of name.

"Hey guys, did you see Nessie on that play! He killed the quarterback!"

🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

I don’t know about Campbell, but i can say something about Van Ness. You’ll see, take note and we’ll talk about it in few months. 
He has speed, he’s strong, quick feet and most of all character. 

When i say he can be the next JJ Watt i’m not kidding. 

I just don’t think he gets to our pick, but I’d love it. 

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Don’t let Sherlock see this thread.

Dude I’m snot bubbling over here. Hilarious

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Haha (+1) 1

Never heard of him, is that a stage name…

• Haha (+1) 1

That Iowa defense was fantastic this past season. Almost made it to the B1G championship game with a historically bad offense. And by historically bad, I mean that offensive unit was one of the worst offenses in over 100 years of B1G football. At one point in the season, I believe Iowa had the #1 scoring defense combined with the last place scoring offense. If not, it was very close to being the case. Unreal.

Van Ness was definitely a solid contributor to that defense. It was a surprise to most Hawkeye fans that he went ahead and declared for the NFL draft. He just finished his redshirt sophomore season so most folks figured they’d have him around for at least one more season. Seeing him projected to the first round, however, makes it a little less surprising.

Even as a Hawkeye fan, I am not sure I understand how pundits are so high on Van Ness. For my eyes, I saw AJE as a more dominant defensive lineman during his Iowa days. Perhaps Van Ness projects better to the NFL? I don’t know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.