Demeco Ryan hired to be new Texans Coach

Big Turk

47 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

What on earth has happened to this team? Every six months and they’ve got a new HC.

Lovie felt like an odd stop-gap measure. Perhaps knowing they would be gunning for a top pick this year. Ryans feels right.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

He'll probably steal an assistant from Shanahan.

“Texans request to interview 49ers assistant Bobby Slowik for offensive coordinator job”

https://www.49erswebzone.com/news/amp-166802/

Edit: Slowik was their passing game coordinator this year.

They also interviewed (or requested to) Bengals WR coach Troy Walters. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Bryce Young and Greg Roman? Or Young and Bienemy? Brian Callahan and CJ Stroud?

Ryans has to make sure he gets an experienced coach as an OC. If I am him I reach out to a Jim Caldwell and see if he would come aboard. Becuase whoever they hire as the OC is going to be the CEO of the offense. 

yikes.

his experience at OC is 2 years in Baltimore 10 years ago.  He's never coached a rookie QB.  He's 68 years old.  He's never seen an RPO offense.

This would be like bringing in to be CEO of  Gateway Computers to run Google.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yikes.

his experience at OC is 2 years in Baltimore 10 years ago.  He's never coached a rookie QB.  He's 68 years old.  He's never seen an RPO offense.

This would be like bringing in to be CEO of  Gateway Computers to run Google.

I always liked Caldwell. But i think a young coach needs to bring in experience on the other side of the ball. Maybe he is the wrong guy, but if Ryans brings in this Niners QB coach or whatever, he is asking for trouble. 

16 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd rather see Jimmy with the Jets and get hurt and they have to give Wilson another chance because White leaves when Jimmy's added.

I wonder if someone with the last name of Carr would entertain going there?....after they ruined his brother.

17 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Lol in regards to Demeco Ryan’s, ESPN radio was talking about how few and far between the solid Defensive minded coaches are in the league compared to Offensive….

They started listing current coaches that have been successful…. Belichick, Vrabel, Tomlin, Harbaugh, how Brandon Staley has done ok….. no mention of Sean McDermott.

I don’t get it… but not shocked. Cause he’s a Super Bowl winning caliber coach right?

This will be another data point either refuting or supporting Cowherd's assertion that the game has passed defensive minded coaches by.  I believe Cowherd is right and at best the Texans will get back to 500 and flirt with a playoff birth over the next few years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.