Demeco Ryan hired to be new Texans Coach

Big Turk

49ers DC Demeco Ryan has been hired as the new Texans HC...hopefully he held out for term and dollars based on their track record with coaches.

Word is Fangio will snub the Fins and head to be the DC there where his longtime GF is an eye surgeon.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Demeco Ryan hired to be new Texans Coach

this guy is 38 and was a physical NFL player who got the most out of his talent/speed.  is he even older than jerry houghs?

if the lights aren't too bring for him, he'll be in a sweet position wrt credibility and energy/relatability.

1 minute ago, colin said:

this guy is 38 and was a physical NFL player who got the most out of his talent/speed.  is he even older than jerry houghs?

if the lights aren't too bring for him, he'll be in a sweet position wrt credibility and energy/relatability.

As long as he gets a good OC and QB match. Otherwise the Texans rain the Texans.

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If the Texans pick the right QB at #2 they've got a good RB to build around and with Indy and Tennessee also needing a QB they could be trending upwards. 

For the next few years, the Jags should own that division. But the Texans have a chance to improve their team pretty quickly.

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

As long as he gets a good OC and QB match. Otherwise the Texans rain the Texans.

Bryce Young and Greg Roman? Or Young and Bienemy? Brian Callahan and CJ Stroud?

Ryans has to make sure he gets an experienced coach as an OC. If I am him I reach out to a Jim Caldwell and see if he would come aboard. Becuase whoever they hire as the OC is going to be the CEO of the offense. 

Lol in regards to Demeco Ryan’s, ESPN radio was talking about how few and far between the solid Defensive minded coaches are in the league compared to Offensive….

They started listing current coaches that have been successful…. Belichick, Vrabel, Tomlin, Harbaugh, how Brandon Staley has done ok….. no mention of Sean McDermott.

I don’t get it… but not shocked. Cause he’s a Super Bowl winning caliber coach right?

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Bryce Young and Greg Roman? Or Young and Bienemy? Brian Callahan and CJ Stroud?

Ryans has to make sure he gets an experienced coach as an OC. If I am him I reach out to a Jim Caldwell and see if he would come aboard. Becuase whoever they hire as the OC is going to be the CEO of the offense. 

I don't like Roman or Bienemy. Callahan and Stroud sounds good but Ohio State QBs in the NFL...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.