Sean Payton going to Broncos country - for a 2023 first and 2024 2nd - get Saints 2024 Third

Big Blitz

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

What’s funny is the guy literally has almost the exact same record as Mike McCarthy who most of the Dallas fanbase wants run out of town. 
I hope he at least makes that division more competitive but I really have my doubts that Russell’s problems are fixable.

Disagree with Russ’ problems not being fixable.  I think his problem this year was coaching.  There’s no way he goes from his play in Seattle to a dud in Denver.  The issue was a coach that couldn’t adjust his offense to tailor to his QBs strengths.  Pete Carroll was a master at this.  I mean look what he’s doing with Geno and how he’s getting the max out of him.

3 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Disagree with Russ’ problems not being fixable.  I think his problem this year was coaching.  There’s no way he goes from his play in Seattle to a dud in Denver.  The issue was a coach that couldn’t adjust his offense to tailor to his QBs strengths.  Pete Carroll was a master at this.  I mean look what he’s doing with Geno and how he’s getting the max out of him.

Russ's problems are fixable so long as he is actually interested in playing actual football again, not the marketing campaign that talks about him playing football, but like actual grinding, and no offense to any fan of Tinder or Grindr on this board.

8 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

That’s the thing he did this under Pete Carroll…Sean hasn’t shown he can really develop any QB not named Drew Brees and Drew wasn’t really needing development as when the Chargers traded him there a bunch of people who wanted him to start over Phillip Rivers 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Interestingly though the people who saw him the most - Schneider and Carroll - were ready to move on for a few years for the right deal. I always thought that was mad but maybe there was something to it. 

You are correct Gunner Chris Mortenson swears they wanted to trade him to Cleveland in 2018 for the number one pick so Pete could take one Josh Allen. But Cleveland nixed the deal and we are all better for Cleveland’s ineptness 

42 minutes ago, H2o said:

So.......the Broncos have zero draft capital for the next 2 years pretty much, a craptastic phony for a QB they are tied to until 2026, but hey, they have Sean Payton. :lol:

We shall see.  Payton went to the Saints and turned that moribund franchise around.  Yeah, he's been out of the game for a bit, but we'll see.  I'm kinda thinking that he's going to be the ghost of Mike Ditka, but maybe there's a precious Dick Vermeil season or two in him.

3 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

We shall see.  Payton went to the Saints and turned that moribund franchise around.  Yeah, he's been out of the game for a bit, but we'll see.  I'm kinda thinking that he's going to be the ghost of Mike Ditka, but maybe there's a precious Dick Vermeil season or two in him.

He's been out of the game for a year, not a long time like those other two were. I'm just talking about the situation he's walking into. No draft capital, a crappy/phony/diva QB, and in the same division as Mahomes and Herbert. 

43 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:
2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Broncos may be the dumbest pro sports organization on the planet. And that's say a lot.

Beating out Cleveland for the title?

I agree this is the dumb organization but it's going to take way more to take the title from Cleveland. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

He's been out of the game for a year, not a long time like those other two were. I'm just talking about the situation he's walking into. No draft capital, a crappy/phony/diva QB, and in the same division as Mahomes and Herbert. 

If they scored like 19 points or something in all their game this year, I believe they would have had 12 wins or something like that. There’s a lot of talent on that team and a small ipgrade from a god awful offense will make them very, very tough. 

16 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

Ditka might be the most overrated coaches in nfl history. He lived off Buddy Ryan building a dominant defense.

offensive coaches with a system csn definitely have success else where. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

If you're trying to right the ship with Russ, then I don't think there's a better move that can be made.  

They don't need much of anything on offense.  Just a mind to get the most out of Wilson.  

This is not directed at you. I just find it funny when we look at other teams rosters compared to our own. 

DENVER doesn’t need much of anything on offense but the Bills need an entire new OL, 2 WR, a TE and a RB. 🤣

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.