Would you resign Edmunds or a tackle?

78thealltimegreat

That’s a tuff one, Edmunds is coming into his own at this point, and the O-line is obviously in need of improvement, it would depend on if we could viably replace Edmunds in the draft / draft a couple of immediate impact O-line guys, Beane has his work cut out for him to say the least, if he drafts another D-lineman in the first this place I’d gonna go berserk 😂

On 2/7/2023 at 12:59 PM, Chicken Boo said:

If the Bills think, for even a second, of paying Edmunds $20 mill per season or anything close to it, then we deserve to suck.  

Give me McGlinchey, easy.  

They should offer him what we gave Milano ($11M per) and let's say $12M with inflation.  Take it or leave it.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Of course we should let him walk. He's a semi-decent LB but he's not worth a dime over 12M.  If he's asking for 18-20 that should make the Bills decision very easy. He's not an elite LB anymore than Oliver is an elite DT.  The only 3 elite players we've drafted in the last 5 years is Allen, Milano & White. And with Tre's acl, who knows if he ever returns to that ability?

Rumor is he wants to stay in Buffalo.  We'll see what he values more.  

I don't blame him if he leaves to take a much better deal elsewhere, but he also shouldn't expect the Bills to match and overpay.  Milano is the all-pro between the two of them, so if he really wants to stay here, he should accept the Milano deal adjusted for inflation, so around $12M per at the most. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dude, we both agree about the same thing. The absolute only way the tampa2 works is with an elite pass rush. The only time we've had an elite pass rush over the last 5 years of T2 is with Von on the field. Guess what, Von comes out injured and the whole defensive scheme falls apart. KC plays man more than any team in the NFL and they have an elite pass rusher in Jones. 

Guess what, Jones comes out and the whole d scheme falls apart when it comes to winning a Super Bowl.

12 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

They should offer him what we gave Milano ($11M per) and let's say $12M with inflation.  Take it or leave it.

Not even worth the cost of the call just to be laughed at and hung up on.

10 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Rumor is he wants to stay in Buffalo.  We'll see what he values more.  

I don't blame him if he leaves to take a much better deal elsewhere, but he also shouldn't expect the Bills to match and overpay.  Milano is the all-pro between the two of them, so if he really wants to stay here, he should accept the Milano deal adjusted for inflation, so around $12M per at the most. 

What about the Roquan Smith deal that has him at $9M and $13M the first two years to give us some cover while the cap increases?

That deal is an $11M average over the first 2 years, with an out after year 3.

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What about the Roquan Smith deal that has him at $9M and $13M the first two years to give us some cover while the cap increases?

That deal is an $11M average over the first 2 years, with an out after year 3.

I could go for that.  The out is a must though.  If his play isn't rising, we need to be able to get out from under that contract.

His current production just doesn't justify the $16M to $20M per he may be hoping for IMO.

Edited by Billz4ever

On 1/31/2023 at 5:53 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Here's what we are looking at for the Edmunds deal:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/roquan-smith-25103/

0UQuzVD.png

Not too bad if we could actually get something like this done. Get that hit down from $12M this year to $9M next year, have an out after 3 years.

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I could go for that.  The out is a must though.  If his play isn't rising, we need to be able to get out from under that contract.

His current production just doesn't justify the $16M to $20M per he may be hoping for IMO.

See above

5 minutes ago, cba fan said:

not outside in the snow...all Bills D and O fails in bad weather.

OLB or even an End in 3-4 if that change is ever made. I doubt it will, but just covering my idea.

We don't really have an OLB.

We run a 4-2-5 base and Edmunds and MIlano both usually line up directly behind the D-Line.  

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

See above

We'd actually be paying Edmunds more up front than Smith with that scenario and the numbers we were discussing.  Makes sense to me if he'll sign something like that with an out after a few years.  

I understand the value Tremaine Edmunds brings to the Defense.

I understand the value Jordan Poyer brings to the Defense.

I am starting to question the value the Defense brings to the Buffalo Bills as a whole.

Every year, we have seen Brandon Beane dedicate the majority of our resources to that side of the ball (especially the D-Line).  And every year, we end up fielding a Top 5 defense in the regular season... only to produce zero pressure and get blasted by an elite Quarterback in the postseason.  So if a Top 5 defense is going to allow 35+ points, 400+ yards and scores on 75%+ drives... then how much worse could an AVERAGE defense actually play?  

Just start using those resources on protecting Josh Allen, and giving him other options to throw to.  Make this offense totally unstoppable, and see if that gets us over the hump.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/8/2023 at 1:49 PM, Billz4ever said:

We don't really have an OLB.

We run a 4-2-5 base and Edmunds and MIlano both usually line up directly behind the D-Line.

yeah, the nickel d is supposed to be a situational D but Bills run it all the time and it is a fail in games that matter.

need to not use it as a base D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.