Would you resign Edmunds or a tackle?

78thealltimegreat

I think Edmund's is our first FA priority.  

I trust they'll have a plan B and add another FA to a similar contract but I'd take Maine and go heavy on O in the draft

I'm also much higher on him than the majority on here

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

The reason I would let Edmunds walk this offseason is specifically that I would rather have an OT or WR with the money that would go to Edmunds.

That said, if the price is only 4 years 44 Mil I'd resign Edmunds and not think twice.  You're unlikely to get a difference maker for that price.  

For $15mil+/year I think Edmunds will get, I'd go find that WR or OT.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Nope. McGlinchey is not that good. he is going to get paid a ridiculous amount because there is no one else out there. He is a little better than Spencer Brown right now. Not 14 million a year better. Screw that. 

And please don't respond with PFF garbage. 

PFF GARBAGE! :P

33 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

The reason I would let Edmunds walk this offseason is specifically that I would rather have an OT or WR with the money that would go to Edmunds.

That said, if the price is only 4 years 44 Mil I'd resign Edmunds and not think twice.  You're unlikely to get a difference maker for that price.  

For $15mil+/year I think Edmunds will get, I'd go find that WR or OT.  

For 11M Absolutely...here's the pen. But for 15+ sorry I'm spending that on 2 olineman. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Nope. McGlinchey is not that good. he is going to get paid a ridiculous amount because there is no one else out there. He is a little better than Spencer Brown right now. Not 14 million a year better. Screw that. 

And please don't respond with PFF garbage. 

PFF is garbage or godly only when you want it to be. LOOK at all his numbers on PFF they look great with overall. "pay attention to them when they bad" "Ignore PFF when they good"

I look at all the PFF numbers then look at the story.

MvGinchey overcame a quad injury in the beginning of the year and took him time to get to speed. While yes he allowed a ton of sacks, his PFF grades are amazing. Better than any lineman we have now... and you say his is not good? just stop... he is one of the 2 chess pieces we need on this line and if we can double dip in the draft to find the other pieces so be it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sure we'll sign *a* tackle. David Quessenberry was on a one year deal so we'll need to replace him. But given our cap situation, I don't know that either re-signing Edmunds or getting a stud OT is an option.

As Beane said, we won't be major players in Free Agency with the lack of space we have and the amount of bodies we'll need to re-sign or bring in, having 25 Free Agents this offseason.

I see another Quessenberry level Tackle coming in via FA and/or a Draft Pick between Rounds 2-4 and a competition with Spencer Brown. Would be nice to get a stud plug and play via FA but I don't see it happening with what that costs.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

There are very few really good RT's in the NFL right now. If we can get one of them, we should. Otherwise, keep Edmunds and scout the heck out of this rookie class. I'd even trade up if a potential probowl caliber OT is there. If not, look at WR first then OL/3-Tech. Stop saying no one drafts for need. EVERY team drafts for need EVERY year then swears they were only taking BPA. Seriously, have you not noticed this?

Edited by GreggTX
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Edmunds should be resigned, franchise tagged if necessary. 

Guy had one good year in 5 years. That year happened to be a contract year. 

Real question is will he continue to play well and get even better or will he revert back to his previous 4 years of play because he got paid? Tough call. 

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Why would I waste 20 large on a good LB who rarely makes impact plays, while I've watched my franchise qb run for his life these 5 years.  

You wouldn’t. We know this already.  You’ve explained your thoughts on this topic, ad nausea. Kinda sounds like  “the election was rigged “. 
Why not ask Yantha why he/she would? That would make a lot more sense. 

On 1/31/2023 at 9:48 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Interesting discussion from Joe on WGR this morning where according to analysts a 4 year deal is about 44 million for Tremaine which the Bills can definitely afford…

Or would you be ok with going after someone like a Mike McGlinchey in San Francisco who is roughly the same contract over 4 years and with other decisions in San Fran likely to hit the open market he would definitely solidify RT…but LB being a priority in the draft.

I like Tremaine but man I’d sleep a little easier not playing a rookie or Brown on Josh’s other side. 

That's basically the contract we gave Milano (4 year, $41,500,000) plus inflation.

I have always said if we can get him to sign for the deal we gave Milano, we should do it.  I see him getting more than that if he wants to test the market though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.