Josh Allen not going to Pro Bowl - Tyler Huntley going in his place

Draconator

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Priceless... He found out Saffold is going! 😆 

Question: Back in da day, when they played real ProBowl... Did any player ever get hurt. Like bad hurt?

Didn’t that one running back for the patriots blow out his knee at the pro bowl? Pretty much ended his career 

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

So the AFC pro bowl QBs are Lawrence (ok), Carr (Benched by his own team and went home the rest of the year) and Snoop Huntly (started 4 games)

Like i get that it doesn't mean much, but that is digging down into the QB room. 

Case Keenum was about 4 calls away 

2 passing touchdowns for Huntley

18 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Gotta think golfing puts more stress on that elbow than a flag football game. Source: I am a golfer and I occasionally throw a football.

Highly doubtful, unless you have a horrible swing. The right elbow in golf does bend, but it should be a gentler motion than throwing a football. The left elbow feels more of the impact when taking a divot. A good golf swing should be smooth, generating power from your wrists unhinging rather than trying to swing hard. If you are trying to generate power by trying to swing really hard, chances are you suck. Josh is definitely an ok golfer and I bet he’ll end up scratch at some point. 

source: I play 75 or so rounds a year (currently a 7 hcp) and occasionally throw a football. So not scratch, a teacher, or a pro, but have a pretty good idea of the swing we’re all chasing.

After last year, some time away from football is a good thing. And to play pebble beach instead of a bunch of stupid games? No brainer. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

You want to overpay Saffold and Huntley and a host of other players who do not deserve Pro Bowl cred. They are there because  4,5,6 guys ahead of them bowed out because it's a joke of a game. And I'm not talking about escalators, I'm talking about guaranteed money and extensions where an agent would try to use it to drive up the price. 

I'm not paying either of them.  I'm pretty sure Huntley doesn't have anything in his contract for making the SB though.....

Agents drive up the price for Pro Bowl by throwing in escalators.  It's "more $$$" and it's done all the time.  I was responding to what you actually posted.  

21 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Gotta think golfing puts more stress on that elbow than a flag football game. Source: I am a golfer and I occasionally throw a football.

Gotta think Josh's elbow injury isn't that bad.   

Let the guy enjoy some golf.

On 1/31/2023 at 8:38 AM, agilen said:

During the Chiefs game, Romo announced he is playing in the Pebble Beach Pro-Am this weekend, so no surprise he’s skipping the pro bowl.

Kyle Brandt was trying to talk Josh into going, but Josh said he had other stuff going on and mentioned golf, but he'd think about it.  Sounds like he didn't have to think long. 😂

Sounds like most players (the good ones anyway) would rather stay home and wash their cat than go to this thing now.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Haha (+1) 1

Josh has frequently said that his favorite thing to do (besides QB the Bills) is play golf, and he would play every day if he could.  It is not at all surprising he would snub the stupid "Pro Bowl Games" to play in the Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

But Huntley?  That's just embarrassing.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.