Sean Payton Queston

arcadia bob

On 1/30/2023 at 3:45 PM, Bangarang said:

What makes Payton better? Because he has an offensive background?

He had one of the best QBs ever in his prime for majority of his time in NO and managed to make it beyond the Divisional Round 3 times in 15 years.

People complain that we lack talent but are cool with giving up multiple draft picks for a coach? Pass

Seriously, does no one remember when Payton was in the hot seat? He was on the brink of getting fired by an organization that loved him. He put the saints in cap purgatory and questionable draft pick trades to make playoffs and lose. I'm not saying he's terrible at all, but I don't understand the meteoric rise that he's the savior of any franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, arcadia bob said:

Thats my point winning percentage means nothing if you can't win the super bowl. Its time to cut the cord how many players will be fired up to come back next year after the recent failures the last 3 years in the playoffs. plus do free agent view buffalo a place as a good spot to go.... I Don't think so   look at the big picture and cut bait now.

Payton went to and won one SB in 15 years with a HOF QB.    His playoff record is 9-8.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You would be over the moon if we got him, be honest haha. He might fail and I think McDermott is a really good coach. But an off season of Payton working with Josh would have been amazing.

I agree to a point.  But was he the only one frustrated with losing? Why can the other players act like pros while he stomps off like a little kid?

ultimately, it’s fine. But wrs are so annoying at times. 

I would not be "over the moon" or doing cartwheels. Don't be trying to think you know I would feel that way. I would think he was overrated because he is. I would rather trade for Andy Reid or Sean McVay or something than Payton

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Diggs just an emotional guy. I have no issues with him hating on losing. Note he hasn't blamed a coach or finger pointing he's just expressing himself as the competitor he is. 

Oh I agree but I can see him taking it to another level if the team is losing amd he isn't getting the ball. Hopefully, that won't happen. 

Edited by newcam2012

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.