Sean Payton Queston

arcadia bob

I believe that the current coaching staff has done all the can with the BILLS team. Just can't see the players buying into the process anymore, this is going to be the team's biggest problem next year, not the draft,free agents ect.I would offer the Saints our 1 and next year's #2 to get it done. Payton may not be the best choice out there but he's a hell of a lot better than we have now. 

Would you make the deal??

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Never!!!!!!

You do realize that no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.  If you make the deal you're guaranteeing the Bills won't win a Super Bowl mainly because you gave up 2 high draft choices in hopes that Payton will do something nobody in the 57 years of Super Bowls has EVER DONE.  

I think anyone who wants to fire McDermott is being ridiculous.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

What makes Payton better? Because he has an offensive background?

He had one of the best QBs ever in his prime for majority of his time in NO and managed to make it beyond the Divisional Round 3 times in 15 years.

People complain that we lack talent but are cool with giving up multiple draft picks for a coach? Pass

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The biggest problem next year will not be whether players are still buying into the "process", problem 1a & 1b will be the 2 teams that were playing for the AFCCG yesterday. It won't be the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th biggest problems either. As long as Josh and him are good, the rest of the team will follow, regardless of how they feel. There's no known rift between Josh and him, so. Also with where they are with the cap and lack of difference makers, trading 1st and 2nd rounders isn't wise unless it's for a playmaker.

55 minutes ago, arcadia bob said:

I believe that the current coaching staff has done all the can with the BILLS team. Just can't see the players buying into the process anymore, this is going to be the team's biggest problem next year, not the draft,free agents ect.I would offer the Saints our 1 and next year's #2 to get it done. Payton may not be the best choice out there but he's a hell of a lot better than we have now. 

So you even state he's not the best choice out there but giving the Saints our first and 2nd round picks anyways because he's a step up? Seems logical.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

What makes Payton better? Because he has an offensive background?

He had one of the best QBs ever in his prime for majority of his time in NO and managed to make it beyond the Divisional Round 3 times in 15 years.

People complain that we lack talent but are cool with giving up multiple draft picks for a coach? Pass

In Payton’s defense, he should have made the SB twice if not for one of the worst no-call DPIs in nfl history. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Never!!!!!!

You do realize that no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.  If you make the deal you're guaranteeing the Bills won't win a Super Bowl mainly because you gave up 2 high draft choices in hopes that Payton will do something nobody in the 57 years of Super Bowls has EVER DONE.  

I mean there’s also a first time. Andy Reid came really close to doing this. Payton is never coming to Buffalo but it’s not the worst thought. But for some of his faults, McDermott is a really, really good coach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, arcadia bob said:

Throw out the guys that built the team to bring in a coke head guy that won it once a million years ago.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Too old and how many Super Bowls did he win with HOF QB Drew Brees?

And regardless how I feel about this coaching staff (I agree with you) I don’t think Terry is ready to move on from Beane/McD. I don’t see it happening.

I mean they consistently had top 10 offenses and Brees had a terrible arm. He is definitely one of the best offensive coaches in the nfl.

• Agree 1

Getting Payton does a few things, Dorsey and Frasier are both gone. I like Dorsey but he's in over his head, Frasier his defense does not work in the current NFL. It should really help Josh to have a real offensive minded HC.Yes he has only one SB but how many coaches out there who have never got the Sb let alone won one. I say get it done now because you will be in the same situation next year. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, arcadia bob said:

Lol, and this would be a good idea in your mind? Somebody would punch you in the side of the mouth 

2 hours ago, arcadia bob said:

F no. I'm not against a full overhaul, but  Payton is not part of that stunt.

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Never!!!!!!

No coach has ever won his first super this far into his tenure with a team. So by your own admission we should fire McDermott because historically he has no chance of winning a super bowl here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.