Purdy torn UCL out 6 months, seeking 2nd opinion

Process

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Figured that was the injury as soon as it happened.  

As soon as he told Shanny he couldn’t throw, I thought the same thing. 

I had it happen to me in a HS practice. Hurt like crazy getting hit like that. I was lucky, and was throwing a week later.

I hope Purdy is able to come back. Fun story and I think had he played the whole game, he would be starting the Super Bowl 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

As soon as he told Shanny he couldn’t throw, I thought the same thing. 

I had it happen to me in a HS practice. Hurt like crazy getting hit like that. I was lucky, and was throwing a week later.

I hope Purdy is able to come back. Fun story and I think had he played the whole game, he would be WINNING the Super Bowl 

FIFY!:wub:

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well regarding QB's not coming back for TJ surgery...........that's just because there haven't been many.

It's a very effective procedure and a high % of MLB pitchers come back with a stronger throwing arm than they had before.

The recovery time is much shorter for QB's too.

For his sake, I hope so!!!!

Such a great underdog story with it all there in front of him for the taking and then BOOM.

16 hours ago, wppete said:

Josh Allen lucked out bigtime. 

I don't think it was luck. I think it was strength, particularly arm strength. I've seen Purdy's hit multiple times and it's pretty much identical to Josh's. Same angle, same type of force on the elbow. I believe the difference was Josh was strong enough not to have his elbow snap all the way back. Josh's throwing motion was still moving forward as he was hit. Purdy's was pushed back a lot farther causing the tear. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Airseven said:

It’s all relative. Purdy exceeded expectations. Allen is his own worst enemy.

Please.  With a leaky O line and a lack of play makers not named Diggs Allen directed the 2nd ranked scoring & yardage offense in the NFL.  He also led the team to a 14 - 4 record, a playoff win and a division title.  Oh and Allen put huge numbers of his own up - over 5,000 total yards and 42 TD's. 

Allen wasn't his own worst enemy he was the victim of the Bills defensive mindset that directed the lions share of resources to the defense.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I always thought that he was going to turn into a pumpkin. Salute the guy for not being scared but that team is a qbs dream. I also respect the 49ers for realizing this and not settling for average qbs. Be real interested if they go after a big old plastic fish 

No one is giving up that much for him. Every sane person realizes he’s a product of that system.

Some desperate team will emerge.  If nothing else Purdy is interesting enough to sell tickets.

9 hours ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

Josh definitely caught a huge break.

Shame on the personnel room for leaving the OL in a place where this injury happened. They were awful this year. This can't be the same issue come December 2023. They just can't afford to keep putting Allen in the crosshairs 10-15 times a game.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Billznut said:

Lol why would the 49ers trade any of their QBs?? They didn’t have enough of them this year as it was, getting down to their fourth by yesterday and ending their season. If anything the Niners should be keeping Lance AND Purdy and then draft and sign 10 more. Just to be make sure they have enough for 2023. 

Took a page right out of Buffs DL playbook... smart!!!

16 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

At a certain point in their careers ex starting QB's  realize their future is as a back up.  Case Keenum was at that point already so was content to be Josh's backup.  Carr definitely isn't there yet and doubt Cousins is yet either.  They both think they can be the guy.

Lol @ them being backups. These guys are both top 15, closer to top 10 as the last of the old guys start to retire

Keenums might not even be a top 10 backup. This is a silly take

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

For his sake, I hope so!!!!

Such a great underdog story with it all there in front of him for the taking and then BOOM.

Purdy is one of the most arrogant young QB's I've ever seen............it's an interesting underdog story but I think he has a lot of Mack Jones in him so I'm not too broken up about his setback.    If it were career threatening or something I'd feel different but kinda' don't care that he will find himself back in a QB competition at some point next season or the following.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Purdy is one of the most arrogant young QB's I've ever seen............it's an interesting underdog story but I think he has a lot of Mack Jones in him so I'm not too broken up about his setback.    If it were career threatening or something I'd feel different but kinda' don't care that he will find himself back in a QB competition at some point next season or the following.

They have a lot of mouths to feed contractwise. Let's see if they can keep that OL together, and now that you've had a couple of weeks of real defensive footage on him, it may not be so pretty (or Purdy, if you prefer).

Edited by pocoboy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.