Purdy torn UCL out 6 months, seeking 2nd opinion

Process

18 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Jimmy G is gone.  They have to keep both Purdy & Lance. 

Definitely. Two QB's on rookie contracts is a no-brainer.

18 minutes ago, Airseven said:

An injury is not "turning into a pumpkin." Purdy was extremely impressive. 

Wow, with how you feel about Josh Allen, you must desperately want Purdy as the Bills QB.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

F*** no!  Too much Iago in those two, both would think they're Josh Allen caliber.  You would need extra bodyguards, and a food taster for Allen if the Bills ever ended up with either of those two yokels as QB2.

At a certain point in their careers ex starting QB's  realize their future is as a back up.  Case Keenum was at that point already so was content to be Josh's backup.  Carr definitely isn't there yet and doubt Cousins is yet either.  They both think they can be the guy.

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Process said:

Tough break for the kid. Would think it definitely hurts his chances of being the starter next year. 

So what's the difference between this and Josh's injury? Partial vs complete tear?

If it's 6 months vs 3-6 weeks, could be a more serious tear or, a complete tear

Will be interesting if they decide to do surgery vs. letting it heal and seeing if scar tissue forms - that worked for Carson Palmer

Edited by Beck Water

56 minutes ago, Process said:

Tough break for the kid. Would think it definitely hurts his chances of being the starter next year. 

So what's the difference between this and Josh's injury? Partial vs complete tear?

Not sure that it hurts him that much Shannahan has said he will be their starter next year or i seem to remember that being said in a article . He may not be ready at the start of the season but i think once he is it's his job to lose .

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Next year is Tray Lance's make or break year. No reason to rush Purdy back as keep him as a backup and maybe add a vet on the mix not named Jimmy G.

I’ve never understood why they anointed him as starter.  All they saw him was in training camp, preseason and a few snaps during the regular season.  It didn’t make sense to put their Super Bowl aspirations on him with that limited experience.  His injury may have been the best thing for them.  Sure they ended up having to start Purdy, but at least he had 4 years in college.

So, their QB stable will have 2 guys coming off major injuries.  Jimmy G may still be around since their may not be much free agency interest in him with his injury.

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

If it's 6 months vs 3-6 weeks, could be a more serious tear or, a complete tear

Will be interesting if they decide to do surgery vs. letting it heal and seeing if scar tissue forms - that worked for Carson Palmer

I heard on the radio it was a complete tear. If so, he’s screwed. The only QB to come back after Tommy John was Jake Delhome and he was not good.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I heard on the radio it was a complete tear. If so, he’s screwed. The only QB to come back after Tommy John was Jake Delhome and he was not good.

Yeah, he doesn't have much wiggle room when it comes to arm strength :(

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Well regarding QB's not coming back for TJ surgery...........that's just because there haven't been many.

It's a very effective procedure and a high % of MLB pitchers come back with a stronger throwing arm than they had before.

The recovery time is much shorter for QB's too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.