Allen’s Elbow - Golfing

Thrivefourfive

10 minutes ago, butch rolle said:

Josh is out there with Mitchell.  They just aren't showing the amateurs in the early coverage.   I watched him on the ESPN+ app, featured hole 7.  

He birdied the signature ocean hole 7 in the practice round.  30mph gust today. Just watched him double bogey the same hole.

They showed his stock yardages and we're gushing about it.  He goes driver 315 yards, 3 wood 285, 5 iron 220, 7 iron 190.  I forget the rest

They gotta build a dome at Pebble Beach. 

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

The average golfer is old and completely unathletic so yes he may be better than average but that's not saying much. Golf is fine for us normal Joe's but if I was a world class athlete at something I would probably not enjoy being bad or average at something else that a normal guy down the street could beat me at

Do you know golf at all, cuz you're coming off as golf illiterate.  Josh has a 9 handicap which would put him in the top 5-10% of golfers.  In what world is top 5-10% average.

Edited by Turbo44
  • Like (+1) 2

He should have taken a swing at Rodgers being an alleged 10 handicap, that sandbagging manbun.

Mitchell was basically wired up live 2-way with the booth for a hole or two just now during the championship round, which was really interesting, and Nantz & Immelman discussed him partnering with Allen as well.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

lol… dude is living his best life. Good on him. Not sure his focus on winning bills football games ever surpasses 20-21. 

at some point jobs just become jobs… 

If I was him I'd feel the same, for my own health. I'm sure come September he'll be back in the groove again.

28 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If I was him I'd feel the same, for my own health. I'm sure come September he'll be back in the groove again.

was always concerned his ‘I’ll prove em wrong’ motivation had an early off ramp. At this point he’s proven the doubters wrong.  He’s unquestionably the ultimate competitor on the field, but is he off the field ?  

prob not… he eats Popeyes and chipotle… good for him. He’s not obsessive like these other guys. All the more reason the bill’s missing another window opportunity is frustrating. He’s not playing at 40…

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

lol… dude is living his best life. Good on him. Not sure his focus on winning bills football games ever surpasses 20-21. 

at some point jobs just become jobs… 

IMO the most important thing Allen needed to do after this season was unwind and forget about football for a month or to.  The only way he would be mentally ready to start the grind of preparing for next season in April would be to relax in Feb/March.

I guess given that the objective evidence discounts the idea that Allen regressed this season or didn't take enough check down throws you guys are opting to use subjective evidence to go after the guy.  Yea, what the hell is Allen thinking playing golf and trying to decompress after a brutal football season.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

was always concerned his ‘I’ll prove em wrong’ motivation had an early off ramp. At this point he’s proven the doubters wrong.  He’s unquestionably the ultimate competitor on the field, but is he off the field ?  

prob not… he eats Popeyes and chipotle… good for him. He’s not obsessive like these other guys. All the more reason the bill’s missing another window opportunity is frustrating. He’s not playing at 40…

Oh my just when I thought it couldn't get pettier.  Allen is regressing because of his diet! For crying out loud are you actually blaming Popeye's & Chipotlie?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/3/2023 at 2:36 PM, todd said:

I’m a golfer. I play 75 or so rounds a year.  I’m a 6.8 handicap right now. In my younger years I got as low as 5. I’m actually going to play tomorrow! I’ve had golfer’s elbow. 

A golf swing is nothing to worry about. The right elbow is active in the swing, but it doesn’t really absorb any shock from taking a divot. And golfer’s elbow is different from a ucl injury. 

Power and speed in the golf swing comes from unhinging the wrists and uncoiling your torso, not swinging as hard as you can. If you take a violent swing to try to hit it further you probably suck at golf. 

if anything, time away from “work” is probably a great thing for Josh. Recharging is the best thing for him. This year was intense. He deserves a break. 

Plus, golf is awesome. A lot if the timing and rhythm aspects of golf translate well from playing qb to golf. The mental aspect, too. Golf can only help. 

Now if you were to tell me he was going to hit 1000 balls of those green driving range mats, I’d say he should never do that. Those things suck, and I will never hit irons off those. They caused over a year of left elbow and wrist issues for me. They are stupid and they suck. 

Agree on the stupid mats but living in the south most of winter we are hitting off these stupid things and as you did injured left elbow and wrist a year ago and golf game has regressed since then.  Seems I started a very bad habit trying to reinsure it further and HDCP has risen from 6.1 to 10.1.  

On 2/4/2023 at 5:36 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

With a quarter billion dollars, you can be a 9 and consider yourself a pro golfer..

Actually to be a PGA pro all ya have to do is pass a written test and play two rounds shooting under 80 on certain courses.  I have played against a few PGA pros and beat them straight up when  I was a 5.1 index.   I play with a few guys who have negative handicap indexes and couldn’t tie the shoes of a touring pro.  

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Actually to be a PGA pro all ya have to do is pass a written test and play two rounds shooting under 80 on certain courses.  I have played against a few PGA pros and beat them straight up when  I was a 5.1 index.   I play with a few guys who have negative handicap indexes and couldn’t tie the shoes of a touring pro.  

Big difference between your local PGA pro and a PGA Tour professional - most PGA Tour pros have a handicap in the +5-6 range if not even better. 

10 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

IMO the most important thing Allen needed to do after this season was unwind and forget about football for a month or to.  The only way he would be mentally ready to start the grind of preparing for next season in April would be to relax in Feb/March.

I guess given that the objective evidence discounts the idea that Allen regressed this season or didn't take enough check down throws you guys are opting to use subjective evidence to go after the guy.  Yea, what the hell is Allen thinking playing golf and trying to decompress after a brutal football season.

Oh my just when I thought it couldn't get pettier.  Allen is regressing because of his diet! For crying out loud are you actually blaming Popeye's & Chipotlie?

not blaming anything. Nothing. No blame. 

There are different levels of competitiveness. Some guys eat vegan or have private chefs…. Everything they eat or drink revolves around getting better at football. Henry sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber.  Bosa doesn’t eat carbs. Manning was obsessive about film study. We’ve all heard about tommy boys regimen. These do this stay at their peak level day in and day out. 

Allen already said career longevity isn’t likely for him. He’s said so himself. Argue with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/4/2023 at 12:11 PM, KDIGGZ said:

The average golfer is old and completely unathletic so yes he may be better than average but that's not saying much. Golf is fine for us normal Joe's but if I was a world class athlete at something I would probably not enjoy being bad or average at something else that a normal guy down the street could beat me at

What do you consider average? 15 handicap? 

Making broad statements like this without an ounce of sense doesn’t help the argument you are trying to make.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.