Allen’s Elbow - Golfing

Thrivefourfive

13 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Interesting he was pretty hush about the Pro Bowl when Kyle Brandt asked him if he was going to attend or even head back to California.  Not surprised too see he is already over there and  gearing up to play THE At&T Pebble Pro Am.

From my point of view let it heal over the offseason and I kind of hope he goes back to Jordan Palmer. The year he worked out with him he came back with better footwork and was really moving defenders with his eyes.   This year he didn't work with him and I thought he got a little bit sloppy at times. Also it could very well be attributed to a bad O-Line and having no confidence they would provide him time.. 

....a bad oline and bad OC will do that sometimes....

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Airseven said:

“…don’t think an operation is necessary at this time…”

And Golf isn’t going to make it necessary any other time. 

I do worry this will be a Stafford situation delay the surgery get it late hurt the 2023 season. 

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Seriously? He's afraid Josh is going to re-injure his elbow playing golf.

You feeling OK?

Seems pretty far-fetched…if Josh can survive behind the Bills’ o-line, he can survive an afternoon at Pebble Beach…

Edited by mannc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Interesting he was pretty hush about the Pro Bowl when Kyle Brandt asked him if he was going to attend or even head back to California.  Not surprised too see he is already over there and  gearing up to play THE At&T Pebble Pro Am.

From my point of view let it heal over the offseason and I kind of hope he goes back to Jordan Palmer. The year he worked out with him he came back with better footwork and was really moving defenders with his eyes.   This year he didn't work with him and I thought he got a little bit sloppy at times. Also it could very well be attributed to a bad O-Line and having no confidence they would provide him time.. 

Why do you believe Josh didn't work with Jordan Palmer last off-season?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

What’s the update on the most important body part in WNY?

Need our doctors and physical therapists people to help me understand what Allen had/has(?) and how or if it plays into a golf swing.. please. It’s a legitimate question here.

I don’t know if any of you are golfers, but a damaged right elbow can be no-go. I don’t mind the man doing what he likes doing, but sore tendons/ligaments will 100% get worse with golf swings if in fact his injury is felt during swings. Rest of the only real complete recover for the long term.

I'm not a golfer, but I do know that there are different elbow injuries, and that the common "golfer's elbow" involves inflammation of tendons, not the UCL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golfer's_elbow

But, if you're concerned, why not reach out to Banged Up Bills one way or another and ask if he has any input on the stress a golf swing might put on an injured UCL?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I’m not about to criticize the man for playing a round or four of golf is he feels fine to do it. But … remember the stories about how Josh kicked back and didn’t think about football at all last offseason?  You may be on to something here. Perhaps just a tiny bit too comfortable with where he and the Bills really were this season. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

Seems pretty far-fetched…if Josh can survive behind the Bills’ o-line, he can survive an afternoon at Pebble Beach…

IDK, I went to Pebble Beach once. It was so beautiful it almost stopped my heart! My with eventually dragged me away!   😋

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

He mentioned in an interview he didn’t train with him. 

I didn't hear that, do you know where and when?  I know some people here misinterpreted Allen saying (going into OTAs) that last off-season he took the most time off and did the least training he's done, but came in beating all his metrics.  I don't think Allen meant "he didn't train".

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I’m not about to criticize the man for playing a round or four of golf is he feels fine to do it. But … remember the stories about how Josh kicked back and didn’t think about football at all last offseason?  You may be on to something here. Perhaps just a tiny bit too comfortable with where he and the Bills really were this season. 

Again, I think people are misinterpreting what Allen said.  I don't think he said he "didn't think about football at all"

Either way, I don't think Allen feels comfortable with where he is football-wise at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

So his elbow is 100% healed. Okay, great. I didn’t know. He played through the injury, and threw hundreds of footballs every single week since being injured.

But if there was the slightest bit of elbow pain in his golf swing, he shouldn’t be playing at all. That’s for sure. The Bills are his priority.

But I guess only he knows, or would care to admit or deny. Tennis elbow, golf elbow.. it’s all tendon strain.. so not sure how that relates to the UCL. 

• Vomit 1

It's his right arm.  When swinging a golf club if he's putting much strain on his right arm, he may as well stop playing as he's hitting terrible.  For him it should be the left arm doing most of the work. 

And believe me I'm speaking from experience, I'm lefty, but that back arm should be doing very little which is often not the case to my dismay.

14 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It's his right arm.  When swinging a golf club if he's putting much strain on his right arm, he may as well stop playing as he's hitting terrible.  For him it should be the left arm doing most of the work. 

And believe me I'm speaking from experience, I'm lefty, but that back arm should be doing very little which is often not the case to my dismay.

Golf/tennis elbow is a thing. From golfing and playing tennis. He definitely doesn’t hit it terribly. He’s actually pretty good considering. Sounds like you haven’t experienced the injury, and that’s great. But it is a thing, for good golfers. 

I’m righty and needed to have chipped bone spurs removed from my left elbow because of too many range mat sessions. I’ve also had golfers elbow (happens in the right arm for us righties). Been a plus handicap, so it does happen.

But again, glad to hear from this board that Safford is the reason Josh has no pain in his right elbow and can have what is shaping up to be a full off season of golf, coming off what was a mid season throwing elbow injury. More power to JA17. Enjoy the links.

(Pebble can hurt a man. Physically. Trust me.)

Edited by Thrivefourfive
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

So his elbow is 100% healed. Okay, great. I didn’t know. He played through the injury, and threw hundreds of footballs every single week since being injured.

But if there was the slightest bit of elbow pain in his golf swing, he shouldn’t be playing at all. That’s for sure. The Bills are his priority.

But I guess only he knows, or would care to admit or deny. Tennis elbow, golf elbow.. it’s all tendon strain.. so not sure how that relates to the UCL. 

Stop trying to play doctor personal trainer or joshes mom. You got no clue about anything you are talking about you are just giving us verbal diarrhea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.