WFAN is losing their minds over Empire State Building having Eagles colors Sunday night

Albany,n.y.

I've been listening to WFAN today and the biggest topic of conversation is that last night after the Eagles won the NFC, they lit the Empire State Building in Eagles colors.  Hosts & callers are complaining about a Philadelphia team being celebrated in NYC.  

Best caller was the guy who said he'll never step foot in the Empire State Building again.  

• Haha (+1) 8

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been listening to WFAN today and the biggest topic of conversation is that last night after the Eagles won the NFC, they lit the Empire State Building in Eagles colors.  Hosts & callers are complaining about a Philadelphia team being celebrated in NYC.  

Best caller was the guy who said he'll never step foot in the Empire State Building again.  

The NYC Dept of Sanitation had the best response (their colors are green and white too): 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 12

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Seems pretty stupid to light the Empire State Building in the colors of a team from another state. NY leadership not the brightest so there you have it. 

Yeah, because I'm sure Kathy Hochul is the one who made this happen.

One would have to be pretty simple to think "NY leadership" had something to do with this.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Kathy Hochul is a Bills fan. If the Bills get to or win a Super Bowl will the Empire State Building be lit up in Bills colors.

19 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Eagles my ass.  Jets probably called Rodgers, but Johnson thinking it's a 'done deal'.  Slipped the lights guy a C note to light up the building. 🤨

This actually might happen.

Dov Kleiman on Twitter: "The #Packers "prefer" to move on from QB Aaron Rodgers, league sources tell @AdamSchefter Aaron Rodgers is aware of the #Packers feeling about wanting to trade him, according to the sources. https://t.co/Od6hEKU6g6" / Twitter

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It is odd that a building in NYC would show the colors of one of the Giants biggest rivals. Imagine if a building in Buffalo honored the Dolphins, Pats, or Jets colors after their team won a big game.

Exactly this. It's beyond odd...it makes me think the ESB operator is an Eagles fan who feels very secure in his job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Ummm…you do know that it is a privately owned building, right?

Just assuming some politician had something to do with it or some influence . Maybe I’m just cynical 

35 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I blame those pesky LED lights and simple push of a button.

@BringBackFergy

😆

They lit it red for KC too...

Maybe some football fan just doing things on their own then 

For everyone who doesn’t understand why this happened, it’s not strange at all. I don’t remember where I read the article, but the building planned on being lit in the colors of both conference champions. The KC colors were also shown. Football is kind of a big deal these days. 

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The NYC Dept of Sanitation had the best response (their colors are green and white too): 

Great joke from the sanitation department, but the Giants better hope they’re better at “taking out the trash” then the NYC sanitation department. If not, the Giants are in trouble. 

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

For everyone who doesn’t understand why this happened, it’s not strange at all. I don’t remember where I read the article, but the building planned on being lit in the colors of both conference champions. The KC colors were also shown. Football is kind of a big deal these days. 

It is strange. Why is NY celebrating 2 teams not from ny, when the game wasnt in NY.

Its not anything to be outraged about, but is annoying and 100% strange

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.