Mitch Morse, when to move on

BeastMode54

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Boettger is another injury casualty who was really coming on b4 blowing the achilles at the end of last season.  All reports are he is good to go and rehab was a big success.   He'll be in the mix for a starting job next year as will Tommy Doyle.  Plus Spencer Brown will have a normal offseason/OTA/camp for the first time.   

Not convinced the Bills don't have 2 or 3 guys coming back strong next year who we never saw at full strength (or at all ) this past season.   Rough season for injuries for this team.   

I like Ike a lot. However, he is 28 years old, turning 29 during the season and is a UFA. I hope he is something, but expecting him to have any impact is unrealistic at this point. I do think he adds depth. 

15 hours ago, Purplebulldog said:

Sign Bradley Bozeman who’s on a 1 year deal with Carolina. He is a good center and can also play guard 

I think he is an OK player, for depth especially. I do not think he is their type with a RAS of 1.19. Just a big, strong, plodding gap scheme player. 

14 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

def need to draft a G/C.  Patterson from ND looks like the perfect fit.  Can play G, then move to C.  (played C at ND, gave up 0 sacks through Jr. year, can't find Sr. year stats yet.)  

Looks like he played LG in 2022.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Jarrett-Patterson-OL-NotreDame

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

3 hours ago, schoolhouserock said:

So for offensive linemen picked in the first five rounds, 3/4 have started a meaningful number of games. Keep taking shots.

I'm a fan of Bills GM Brandon Beane. Josh Allen doesn't become a Buffall Bill without him IMO. I'm just looking for more concentration on lineman in the upcoming draft. Horses up front 1st...

• Agree 1

TLDR,

Not in favor of trying to fill 4 positions on the OL instead of 3, but we should have drafted his replacement 1 to 2 drafts ago just based on his injury history. 

This goes for any position we draft this year, don't expect any meaningful contributions from them in 2023. Look at how slowly rookies play, McD will have to change that mindset...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.