Interesting Article on Big Money QBs

IronyAbounds

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Wentz doesn't get the credit though, that win is with a veteran Foles playing. The rest are the runner ups except for the back to back QBs each went 1-1 and the other where both were on rookie deals so that was a guaranteed winner. 3-6 the QBs on rookie deals were, excluding the Foles win. This shows that ultimately it pays to have the more experienced & more expensive QB by a 2 to 1 margin.

I'm not talking about winning. Just getting there. If you can't get there at all (like the Bills) you have no shot. Bills failed to accomplish that when six consecutive teams have been able to. One team even double dipping with two different QB's. Have to include Wentz. He had that team as the #1 seed before his injury. Very good chance they would have made the Super Bowl with him as well. And at any rate, they weren't paying Wentz or Foles anything which is the larger point. 

Then you have Brady. He is well known for having taken less than market value against the cap for his entire career and he makes up nearly half the QB's on the list that were not on rookie contracts. 

13 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

"Bills weren’t ready for the Bengals

It’s worth looking back at the Bills’ loss last week to the Bengals, and how badly the Bills were outcoached:"

Very concerning because the Bengals made our whole coaching staff look pedestrian. I also think some of our players are overrated, although that can be coaching as well. Using a hockey reference, look how Krueger was dismantling Jeff Skinner's career. Now with Granato, he's back to top form.

Yes, very concerning!!

Or how about Dahlin?!  

The Sabres have proven to my satisfaction that "player development" is very much a real thing.

Send one draft pick to horrible franchise A, and he becomes a bust.

Had he gone to great franchise B, he might have blossomed into a star.

Not to go too far off topic here, but simply b/c I can't stand the guy and never could, it's worth pointing out that Ralph Krueger HAS to be the worst HC in Sabres franchise history.

He's not even a coach; he's more of a self-help book quoting new age quack.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.