Dawkins, Saffold and Knox added to Pro Bowl

Buffalo_Stampede

The fans shouldn't be doing the voting. The media figures shouldn't be doing the voting. The probowl is nothing more than a popularity contest. Let the coaches and players decide who is worthy. Better yet, let them vote for best at each position and skip the pointless game.

3 hours ago, Billznut said:

I’m glad Josh opted out of going again this time. He should definitely never lower himself to be included in the sh*tshow that they call the pro bowl now. It’s far far removed from being prestigious. 

If anyone doubts what a joke the Pro bowl is, the fact that Tyler Huntley has been named to replace Josh should remove all doubt.  I guess they wanted a mobile QB knowing anyone lining up behind Saffold will need to run for his life.   

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This probably isn’t the place to ask this but before we move on from Brown, can we try him at guard? I feel like this guy might be a monster in that tight space 

Too tall and lanky for guard.  I still have hope for him at Tackle.  He is only 24 and doesn't have a long history at tackle.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

So Josh blew the pro bowl off, huh?  LOL

They really need to stop doing this thing.

Just name players to the team as an honor, and be done with it.

In the old days, I think the players went mostly for the trip to Hawaii!  

Now, they can just buy their own island and go whenever they want.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

So Josh blew the pro bowl off, huh?  LOL

They really need to stop doing this thing.

Just name players to the team as an honor, and be done with it.

In the old days, I think the players went mostly for the trip to Hawaii!  

Now, they can just buy their own island and go whenever they want.

The Pro Bowl still does good business despite how few good players go to it. They even got rid of the football game aspect and it is still not attracting players.

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Not that much different than previous seasons.  I rely more on pff when it comes to line play because I suck at evaluating it.  I don't really understand why people are down on Dawkins when he was our best o-lineman.  Pass blocking was in the very good range and run blocking was in the average range.  Those aren't pro bowl numbers but they're still slightly above average which is what he is at left tackle.

image.thumb.png.845a168589841e5af819de56edee5da2.png

That’s a fair argument but the way I look at it is he was the best bad player on a bad line. I believe Josh is the best QB in the league and I think it’s a crime he’s “protected” by guys who idk would necessarily start on half the teams in the league. 

Like you, I also don’t know how to evaluate linemen properly, but my eye test says they all kind of sucked (except Morse)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.