Snow/ice expected in DFW today through Wednesday

\GoBillsInDallas/

The ice is here already. Even some sleet.  Tomorrow and Wednesday will not be fun with more rounds of sleet and highs in the upper 20's.   Then Thursday it's rain and 45°.   Heads up you will NOT see this Granbury resident on TV stuck on the road.  I'm not even walking out to the mail box.

• Eyeroll 1

It's 3°F out here. Feels like -6°F... If we waited till it was 45°F out, we'd be waiting at least 2 weeks... Heck, maybe longer.

Guess what... Ever see snow snow and ice disappear on those really cold days? MuthaNatja has it all figured out! 

"Sublimation, in physics, conversion of a substance from the solid to the gaseous state without its becoming liquid. An example is the vaporization of frozen carbon dioxide ( dry ice) at ordinary atmospheric pressure and temperature. The phenomenon is the result of vapour pressure and temperature relationships."

Stay strong, Texas strong! We've added another $20 to our monthly energy bills up here to bail you out. Just remember us up here when we need you guys!

😉

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's 3°F out here. Feels like -6°F... If we waited till it was 45°F out, we'd be waiting at least 2 weeks... Heck, maybe longer.

Guess what... Ever see snow snow and ice disappear on those really cold days? MuthaNatja has it all figured out! 

"Sublimation, in physics, conversion of a substance from the solid to the gaseous state without its becoming liquid. An example is the vaporization of frozen carbon dioxide ( dry ice) at ordinary atmospheric pressure and temperature. The phenomenon is the result of vapour pressure and temperature relationships."

Stay strong, Texas strong! We've added another $20 to our monthly energy bills up here to bail you out. Just remember us up here when we need you guys!

😉

It is coming our way. Yesterday was an actual high of 55. Friday is supposed to be a low of 4 Farenheit.  

23 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

It is coming our way. Yesterday was an actual high of 55. Friday is supposed to be a low of 4 Farenheit.  

I read, yesterday, that NYC will break the record for consecutive days without measurable snowfall (I believe that is defined as at least 1/10 of an inch).  Over 370 days and no significant snow in the future.

I'm a few hours north and I wish we could be so lucky.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.