Pick Your Ideal Bills Roster From All Current NFL Players

Peace Frog

10 hours ago, Logic said:

Are you asking which Bills would be good enough to be on our hypothetical "All League" team? Or are you asking what our "All League" team would look like?

I'm bored at work, so I'll bite.

QB: Patrick Mahomes

HB: Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry
FB: Kyle Juszczyk

WR: JaMarr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, Devante Adams

TE: Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews, Kyle Pitts

Edge: Myles Garrett, Maxx Crosby, TJ Watt, Nick Bosa
DT: Aaron Donald, Chris Jones, Dexter Lawrence, Quinnen Williams
OLB: Micah Parsons, Matt Milano
ILB: Fred Warner, Roquan Smith

CB: Jaire Alexander, Sauce Gardner, Patrick Surtain II, Tre'Davious White

S: Derwin James, Jordan Poyer, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Antoine Winfield Jr.

So Diggs, Milano, Poyer, and White would make my roster. I don't feel that the inclusion of Diggs or Milano is very disputable. People could pick nits with Poyer and White and have an argument.

Definitely a well thought out list but I’d never take Mahomes over Allen. Allen on KC would already have 2 maybe 3 SBs. Best coach in the NFL, Andy Reid can make anyone look amazing. No knock on Mahomes but Josh is just more talented than any QB in the history of the NFL and would thrive under Reid

Keeping it starting 11 only on both sides of the ball and looking at the future not just one year so old guys may not be on the team:

QB: Josh Allen

HB: Nick Chubb
FB: Patrick Ricard

WR: Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs

TE: George Kittle

OT: Andrew Thomas, Christian Wirfs

OG: Quenton Nelson, Chris Lindstrom

OC: Creed Humphrey

Edge: TJ Watt, Nick Bosa
DT: Chris Jones, Quinnen Williams
ILB: Roquan Smith

CB: Sauce Gardner, Patrick Surtain II

S: Derwin James,  Minkah Fitzpatrick

K: Justin Tucker 

GM: Brandon Beane 

HC: Andy Reid (OC don’t matter with Reid)

DC: Demeco Ryans 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

If you could pick any player in the entire NFL to fill the starting positions on your team, who would they be?  Would any of them be current Bills players?

For me, the only guys I would start from this current Bills roster would be Tyler Bass, Stefon Diggs, and Matt Milano.  Maybe Josh Allen.  The rest of the team would come from elsewhere.  Your thoughts?

I would start with Allen & Diggs and go from there.  Think about the production Allen would have with the Eagles O line, the 49's CMC & Kittle and the Bengals WR's plus Diggs.  IMO it would surpass the production that every other QB, including Mahomes, could deliver with the same talent.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Definitely a well thought out list but I’d never take Mahomes over Allen. Allen on KC would already have 2 maybe 3 SBs. Best coach in the NFL, Andy Reid can make anyone look amazing. No knock on Mahomes but Josh is just more talented than any QB in the history of the NFL and would thrive under Reid

As a Bills fan, I obviously love Josh Allen, too.

Patrick Mahomes, in five seasons as a starter, has:

5 division titles

2 MVPs

3 Super Bowl appearances

1 Super Bowl championship

He has posted seasons of 50 and 41 touchdown passes.

We can play the "if" game with Josh Allen until we're blue in the face. At the end of the day, Patrick Mahomes is the best quarterback on planet earth. Josh Allen is more physically talented. He has more arm strength and is a better and more dangerous runner. But in terms of being the best QUARTERBACK? It's Mahomes. Poll 100 knowledgeable NFL fans, analysts, coaches, executives, whatever. 97 of them (if not all 100) are gonna say Mahomes is #1. I don't see how it's legitimately debatable at this point.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Logic said:

5 division titles

2 MVPs

3 Super Bowl appearances

We can play the "if" game with Josh Allen until we're blue in the face. At the end of the day, Patrick Mahomes is the best quarterback on planet earth. Josh Allen is more physically talented. He has more arm strength and is a better and more dangerous runner. But in terms of being the best QUARTERBACK? It's Mahomes. Poll 100 knowledgeable NFL fans, analysts, coaches, executives, whatever. 97 of them (if not all 100) are gonna say Mahomes is #1. I don't see how it's legitimately debatable at this point.

I totally understand and concede to the logical side of your post because factually yes Mahomes has accomplished more with what he’s been given than Josh has…but in this, “what if” scenario I choose the quarterback, with the most upside to be paired up with the best coach and options of weapons, he could possibly get. I 100% don't think I’m alone in thinking this way because this is a fun all madden team type of game we’re playing here. 

that’s why I picked George Kittle over Travis Kelce because yes, Kelce has had the better career but George Kittle I believe is a better all-around player who can block and is more dynamic after the catch and I can go into detail on a lot of positions like the receivers I love having Tyreek Hill in an offense where Josh Allen is the quarterback along with catch anything Justin Jefferson, and the rapport Josh has with Diggs even though there might be better statistical wide receivers over the span of the last five years like Davante Adams 

it’s a fun game to fantasize about building a franchise from start with the players in the nfl right now. So yes I would take Josh Allen from this day forward over Mahomes

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:50 AM, Logic said:

Are you asking which Bills would be good enough to be on our hypothetical "All League" team? Or are you asking what our "All League" team would look like?

I'm bored at work, so I'll bite.

QB: Patrick Mahomes

HB: Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry
FB: Kyle Juszczyk

WR: JaMarr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, Devante Adams

TE: Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews, Kyle Pitts

Edge: Myles Garrett, Maxx Crosby, TJ Watt, Nick Bosa
DT: Aaron Donald, Chris Jones, Dexter Lawrence, Quinnen Williams
ILB: Fred Warner, Roquan Smith

CB: Jaire Alexander, Sauce Gardner, Patrick Surtain II, Tre'Davious White

S: Derwin James, Jordan Poyer, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Antoine Winfield Jr.

So Diggs, Milano, Poyer, and White would make my roster. I don't feel that the inclusion of Diggs or Milano is very disputable. People could pick nits with Poyer and White and have an argument.

Can’t see that team losing to anyone and not scoring 80 points per game

19 hours ago, Logic said:

5 division titles

2 MVPs

3 Super Bowl appearances

Mahomes is a magician Josh is a beast.  I think the magician is far better right now because he takes what’s available 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.