Pick Your Ideal Bills Roster From All Current NFL Players

Peace Frog

If you could pick any player in the entire NFL to fill the starting positions on your team, who would they be?  Would any of them be current Bills players?

For me, the only guys I would start from this current Bills roster would be Tyler Bass, Stefon Diggs, and Matt Milano.  Maybe Josh Allen.  The rest of the team would come from elsewhere.  Your thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

If you could pick any player in the entire NFL to fill the starting positions on your team, who would they be?  Would any of them be current Bills players?

For me, the only guys I would start from this current Bills roster would be Tyler Bass, Stefon Diggs, and Matt Milano.  Maybe Josh Allen.  The rest of the team would come from elsewhere.  Your thoughts?

The Geno Smithers are strong among us...🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That’s it? 4 Bills players and then “the rest” are nameless from non specific elsewhere. D for lack of effort.

5 minutes ago, Wizard said:

How about I just take the current 1st All Pro Team selected by more and smarter people than me in evaluating players. I will trade out Mahomes for Allen and call it good!

Team selected!

A+ for creativity.

From defense (considering all are fully healthy) Von, Tre, Milano, Edmunds, Daquan, Hyde, and Taron

I'm pairing with them JJ Watt, Chris Jones, Derwin James, Sauce Gardner

From offense, Josh and Diggs

I'm pairing with them Jamarr Chase, Tyreek Hill, Nick Chubb, Travis Kelce, Patrick Ricard

Idk OL well enough, but they're all gonna be great run blockers

Are you asking which Bills would be good enough to be on our hypothetical "All League" team? Or are you asking what our "All League" team would look like?

I'm bored at work, so I'll bite.

QB: Patrick Mahomes

HB: Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry
FB: Kyle Juszczyk

WR: JaMarr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, Devante Adams

TE: Travis Kelce, Mark Andrews, Kyle Pitts

Edge: Myles Garrett, Maxx Crosby, TJ Watt, Nick Bosa
DT: Aaron Donald, Chris Jones, Dexter Lawrence, Quinnen Williams
OLB: Micah Parsons, Matt Milano
ILB: Fred Warner, Roquan Smith

CB: Jaire Alexander, Sauce Gardner, Patrick Surtain II, Tre'Davious White

S: Derwin James, Jordan Poyer, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Antoine Winfield Jr.

So Diggs, Milano, Poyer, and White would make my roster. I don't feel that the inclusion of Diggs or Milano is very disputable. People could pick nits with Poyer and White and have an argument.

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Are you asking which Bills would be good enough to be on our hypothetical "All League" team? Or are you asking what our "All League" team would look like?

So Diggs, Milano, Poyer, and White would make my roster. I don't feel that the inclusion of Diggs or Milano is very disputable. People could pick nits with Poyer and White and have an argument.

This looks logical and pretty accurate.  These all look like the best players at their positions to me.  At the this point not Tre'Davious. Hopefully next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

This is probably about Right.  I would have Allen as the BU to Mahomes (need two QBs)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Aaaaaaaaaand Leslie Frazier will still have the DBs 15 yards off the ball

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

This is probably about Right.  I would have Allen as the BU to Mahomes (need two QBs)

Josh would ask to be traded the moment Mahomes steps through the door. And, as good as Mahomes, Burrow et al are I still think he would benefit from their receiving options and play calling/coaching.

QB: Josh Allen and Matthew Stafford (at his age he may be starting to think about taking a step back as a number 2)

RBs: Saquon Barkely, Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, Tony Pollard

WRs: AJ Brown, Ja'marr Chase, Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill and Justin Jefferson

TE: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Travis Kelce

OL: Terron Armstead, Landon Dickerson, Creed Humphrey, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Zack Martin, Quentin Nelson, Wyatt Teller, Trent Williams

DL: Jonathan Allen, Nick Bosa, Brian Burns, Aaron Donald, Myles Garrett, Trey Hendrickson, Chris Jones, Quinnen Williams

LB: Matt Milano, Von Miller, CJ Mosley, Micah Parsons, Roquan Smith, TJ Watt, Fred Warner

DB: Trevon Diggs, Sauce Gardner, Minkah Fitzpatrick, MIcah Hyde, Xavien Howard, Marlon Humphrey, Derwin James, Jordan Poyer, Darius Slay, Patrick Surtain II, Tariq Woolen

ST: Nick Moore (LS), Justin Tucker (K), Ryan Stonehouse (P)

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Im with you on all this but Tre.  Sadly, he isn't close to the top 4 guys right now, he wouldn't even be in the top 4 if he was in a category of just CB's who were rookies this year IMHO.  And I love Tre, just being honest about where he is at today.  Next year could be a whole other story though, not writing him off.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im with you on all this but Tre.  Sadly, he isn't close to the top 5 guys right now, he wouldn't even be in the top 4 if he was in a category of just CB's who were rookies this year IMHO.  And I love Tre, just being honest about where he is at today.  Next year could be a whole other story though, not writing him off.

Totally fair.

I'm taking the optimistic view that he will completely return to form next season. If he does, I don't find it too unreasonable to rank him among the top five or ten corners in the NFL. He has not yet returned to that form, though, and I agree that if we're going solely off of this season, he doesn't come anywhere near the list.

I just couldn't in all good conscience put Trevon Diggs or Jalen Ramsey -- both of whom I think are highly overrated -- on my list. Perhaps Tariq Woolen, even though he was a rookie, or Stephon Gilmore, even though he's a garbage person.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Totally fair.

I'm taking the optimistic view that he will completely return to form next season. If he does, I don't find it too unreasonable to rank him among the top five or ten corners in the NFL. He has not yet returned to that form, though, and I agree that if we're going solely off of this season, he doesn't come anywhere near the list.

I just couldn't in all good conscience put Trevon Diggs or Jalen Ramsey -- both of whom I think are highly overrated -- on my list. Perhaps Tariq Woolen, even though he was a rookie, or Stephon Gilmore, even though he's a garbage person.

I get where you are coming from, but even next year it will be hard to say Tre is one of the 4 best if he gets most his form back.  Not only do you have the 3 you listed, you still have Gilmore, Ramsey, Woolen, Slay, Bradberry, Ward, Terrell, etc who all would have a case to be in your top 4 guys you listed here.  Personally, I would put Slay in there right now or Gilmore with Woolen nipping at their heels.  

I think Tre could get back to being a top 10 guy at CB, but his days of being top 4 I think are gone betwen his injury and the influx of incredible new talent like Woolen and Sauce.

For the record, I was PLEADING to draft Woolen all offseason last year, he was the guy I wanted most at DB based on where we were drafting.  I liked Elam too, but Woolen was the guy I coveted because I assumed we were not getting one of the early guys (I mean Sauce was clearly the cream of the crop).  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.