Im convinced its coaching (Chiefs showing how to handle Bengals)

Scott7975

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Allen is mahomes he’s just playing behind the 2019 chiefs offensive line and not the 2022 chiefs offensive line lol 

if the chiefs were missing their Chris jones like we were missing von they’d be getting steamrolled also 

I think our Daquan Jones was their Chris Jones

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I think the Bills not playing that first game against the Bengals screwed them. They would have taken the loss and changed up their plans for the rematch in the playoffs imo.

They pretty much play the same defense against everybody they play.  They might change it up for say a team like the Ravens but thats about it.  Its the same D every week.  Thats why it was so easy for the Bengals to plan to beat it.

Just now, Einstein said:

Yes but I'm not sure you want to press with Dane Jackson in coverage and Marlowe behind him.  Getting gashed up the middle with Jones out and Phillips playing with one arm and no of your edge rushers getting home fast enough.  Just too many injuries.  Looking back you could see it coming when we gave up that many points to NE and Miami with sub par QB's playing us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, harmonkillebrew said:

Man, I'm depressed.

We just don't have the coaches, nor will we ever. KC never had the defensive talent we had this year, but their coaches are so much better and can actually scheme to stop Burrow. 

The Chiefs have Chris Jones.

But outside of Chris Jones, we are better on defense at every position.

Spags (Chiefs D coordinator) is playing Cinci masterfully.

Press the WR’s, which makes the receivers take an extra second or two to get open, and that helps the pass rush get home!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I was saying it for months. We do not press receivers enough. It makes it so much harder on the pass rush when the receivers have a free release every play.

We drafted a press corner in the first round last year.  Lucked into a really good zone corner later.  

Then we proceeded not to press, and scratched the zone corner for the press guy so the press guy could play zone in the divisional round.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Einstein said:

The Chiefs have Chris Jones.

But outside of Chris Jones, we are better on defense at every position.

Spags (Chiefs D coordinator) is playing Cinci masterfully.

Press the WR’s, which makes the receivers take an extra second or two to get open, and that helps the pass rush get home!

Which position are we better at?  

2 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

My biggest fear is that Beane and McD see this game and their takeaway is that we need to draft defensive linemen. Which is actually probably true but let someone else pick which ones to draft and not until you fix the line and WRs

C’mon we have to play the law of averages: if we throw a couple more high draft picks at the def line we’re bound to hit on one eventually! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Yes but I'm not sure you want to press with Dane Jackson in coverage and Marlowe behind him.  Getting gashed up the middle with Jones out and Phillips playing with one arm and no of your edge rushers getting home fast enough.  Just too many injuries.  Looking back you could see it coming when we gave up that many points to NE and Miami with sub par QB's playing us.

Chiefs are down their #1 CB.

Theyre playing press with backups like Joshua Williams.

4 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

My biggest fear is that Beane and McD see this game and their takeaway is that we need to draft defensive linemen. Which is actually probably true but let someone else pick which ones to draft and not until you fix the line and WRs

Just hoping they are seeing not to play off the wrs 10 yard's off on Bengals and think less d-line lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.