Im convinced its coaching (Chiefs showing how to handle Bengals)

Scott7975

Having a really good regular season and a really bad post season is pretty much a text book symptom of having a talented roster and bad coaching. During the regular season you skate by on your talent when game planning and scheming are less pronounced. In the post season the lack of game planning and scheme stick out like a sore thumb. For anybody still defending the Bills coaches don't forget it wasnt just the Bengals game. The Bills were also severely out coached vs Miami.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Because many here are of the opinion that McD walks on water.😉😆

Everyone else is to blame.

When the Offense doesn't play well it is Dorsey (or prior Daboll) and with the Defense it is always Frazier.  Don't forget we fired the ST last year too.

And Beane is to blame for the draft (and being Defense heavy).

Fire him see what happens

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Probably said that about Pederson in Philly

At this point, I would welcome it just to make people look stupid tired of these ***** posts

Fortune favors the bold: get rid of both coordinators. If McDermott doesn't have the intestinal fortitude required to do it, he goes too. We are heading toward season 6 with a generational talent at QB, and have hit a brick wall because of coaching ineptitude; piss poor game management, inferior game planning. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Fire him see what happens

At this point, I would welcome it just to make people look stupid tired of these ***** posts

All I know is no HC in today's NFL went 48 games without a 300 yard passing game.😝

Without Allen this team is 7 wins max and 17-13 weekly scores.  

Edited by Billsfan1972

17 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Dont want to get a ban for comparing our team to the teams playing in the GDT so I am putting it here.  Im totally convinced its coaching.  KC its killing that Oline.  Their players arent better than ours.  Jones is a beast but really nobodies outside of that.  The difference is how they actually play the receivers tight and not 10 yards off and back up at the snap.  Burrow cant throw quick because it aint there for free.

Same story on offense. Allen may not be Mahomes but he is elite.  Their offensive design and coaching is second to none.  I feel like Dorsey is just backyard football.  A lot of people say "Josh wont take the underneath stuff."  I believe he would if he was coached to and the plays were designed to.  

You got alot of positive reactions for that post.  Seems like Bills fans can see it but Beane still cannot.  Bills try and go the family route where they fall in love with their players and coaches and everybody is one big happy family.  Look where it gets us.  This psychology gets you nowhere.  Instead Philly - The City of Brotherly Love or so they say, is in the Dance.  I don't understand all this love talk.  Love is unconditional but football is very conditional.  Too much loveydubby in Buffalo and when you have a coach who mentally connects the results to the application of his faith either being more or less, you have a guy who is praying for victory not one who can really grab the bull by the horns and make it happen.

2 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Fortune favors the bold: get rid of both coordinators. If McDermott doesn't have the intestinal fortitude required to do it, he goes too. We are heading toward season 6 with a generational talent at QB, and have hit a brick wall because of coaching ineptitude; piss poor game management, inferior game planning. 

Seeing as you're Sgt. Hulka, and threw a nice quote out there, I thought I'd add this on the same point:

"It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time for action has passed."

-Carl von Clausewitz

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

You do know they won because of a personal foul with like 25 seconds left in the 4th.  IMO they never should have thrown the flag as they decided the game with it.  So your headline is wrong, the Chiefs escaped, at home, against the Bengals. They didn’t show anything on how to handle them! 

I wrote this thread and headline during the first or second quarter of the game.  I also didnt put that part in my thread title.  I assume a mod changed it.  Seems to me it fits. They did handle the Bengals and they did it while losing players along the way.  

The flag was absolutely the right call.  It was an obvious out of bounds hit.  You dont let players get away with stuff like that just because it might be game deciding.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Dont want to get a ban for comparing our team to the teams playing in the GDT so I am putting it here.  Im totally convinced its coaching.  KC its killing that Oline.  Their players arent better than ours.  Jones is a beast but really nobodies outside of that.  The difference is how they actually play the receivers tight and not 10 yards off and back up at the snap.  Burrow cant throw quick because it aint there for free.

Same story on offense. Allen may not be Mahomes but he is elite.  Their offensive design and coaching is second to none.  I feel like Dorsey is just backyard football.  A lot of people say "Josh wont take the underneath stuff."  I believe he would if he was coached to and the plays were designed to.  

Agreed, our scheme of trying to cover 40 linear yards of the field gives QBs time to pick us apart especially since we were so banged up in the secondary this year. We should have manned up a little bit on a few series and tempted fate with some blitzing and man coverage just to throw a different look at them but alas, we stuck with the ole' prevent defense...

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Probably already been said, but ...

If it's coaching, how come Reid couldn't break though in Philly? Same coach.

Coaches have a part, sure, but it's everything together, but more rosters, injuries and matchups, IMO.

Maybe because McDermott was his DC instead of Spagnola? 🤣

45 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It 100% is, always has been in the last 3 playoff losses where our "top 5 defense" has given up 107 points and 1403 yards in those 3 consecutive losses in the playoffs.  

How the hell Frazier is keeping his job right now is utterly MIND BLOWING.  It is absolutely clear that its a failed scheme against top ranked offenses in the playoffs.  If we run the same D next year, nothing is going to change.  

And same goes for Dorsey...he is as much a problem as Frazier.  FIRE THEM NOW.  

Agree 100%. I don't know how any Bills fan can advocate running it back with this group. Totally deflates my hopes going into next season. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If I told you after last year’s playoff loss to KC that Shaq Lawson, Greg Rousseau, AJ Epenesa, and Boogie Basham would lead our pass rush in the playoffs what would you say?

Leslie Frazier should be able to get pressure with that group?

Can’t be serious.

Id say that they would have 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks on the line and if they cant get pressure with that then someone needs to be held accountable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Having a really good regular season and a really bad post season is pretty much a text book symptom of having a talented roster and bad coaching. During the regular season you skate by on your talent when game planning and scheming are less pronounced. In the post season the lack of game planning and scheme stick out like a sore thumb. For anybody still defending the Bills coaches don't forget it wasnt just the Bengals game. The Bills were also severely out coached vs Miami.

I don’t think it’s a bad postseason to lose division round and Championship round playoff games.

Shaq Lawson, Greg Rousseau, AJ Epenesa, and Boogie Basham should be able to get pressure against an offensive line with 3 starters out.

If they can't, mix in blitzes, stunts, etc.  Use creativity and confusion.  Do something that's not on the film.

I agree that Beane and McDermott have been extremely successful and have created a great culture where free agents want to come, departing players want to return to, existing players are willing to take hometown discounts to be a part of, etc.  McDermott is a great leader of men.  So don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Keep McDermott and make some changes at the coordinator level to see if that can get more production out of the players you have and create some gameplans and schemes that will help the Bills compete against the top teams in the playoffs.

Edited by msw2112

16 minutes ago, Reverse Meathead said:

You got alot of positive reactions for that post.  Seems like Bills fans can see it but Beane still cannot.  Bills try and go the family route where they fall in love with their players and coaches and everybody is one big happy family.  Look where it gets us.  This psychology gets you nowhere.  Instead Philly - The City of Brotherly Love or so they say, is in the Dance.  I don't understand all this love talk.  Love is unconditional but football is very conditional.  Too much loveydubby in Buffalo and when you have a coach who mentally connects the results to the application of his faith either being more or less, you have a guy who is praying for victory not one who can really grab the bull by the horns and make it happen.

Well said I usually am trying to figure out how to not say something in appropriate lol. 🤷🏻‍♂️ nicely worded. We should file a petition to the Pegulas. I believe they’ll listen 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Id say that they would have 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks on the line and if they cant get pressure with that then someone needs to be held accountable.

Brandon Beane?

8 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Shaq Lawson, Greg Rousseau, AJ Epenesa, and Boogie Basham should be able to get pressure against an offensive line with 3 starters out.

If they can't, mix in blitzes, stunts, etc.  Use creativity and confusion.  Do something that's not on the film.

I agree that Beane and McDermott have been extremely successful and have created a great culture where free agents want to come, departing players want to return to, existing players are willing to take hometown discounts to be a part of, etc.  McDermott is a great leader of men.  So don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Keep McDermott and make some changes at the coordinator level to see if that can get more production out of the players you have and create some gameplans and schemes that will help the Bills compete against the top teams in the playoffs.

I can’t remember specifically vs Cincinnati but vs Miami they were mixing in everything. Their stunts were so ineffective. It’s the reason I came out and said there’s zero chance they beat Cincinnati with those guys. They just couldn’t beat one on one blocking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.