Im convinced its coaching (Chiefs showing how to handle Bengals)

Scott7975

It’s truly amazing how even though Mahomes gets all the glory, their middle-of-the-pack (at best) ranked defense ALWAYS come through the rare times Mahomes is stopped. The Bengals controlled their own destiny at the end of the game. 

Chris Jones is an Example of the reason we signed Von Miller, as we should have! The Bills recognized the value of having a closer in the playoffs, but naturally, it’s OUR closer that gets hurt. 

I don’t think it is just a Bills fan’s perspective when I say, the Chiefs are the luckiest team in the NFL.

like the old Pats, something, somehow, no matter how absurd, always seems to go right for them at the end of the game…. Even if it’s unrelated to their QB!!

I hate football. Really do. 

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Imma disagree with you OP, because KC's nobodies on D are better than our myriad high draft picks on D.  And Chris Jones is head and shoulders above anybody we have not named Von Miller.  Our D line is good enough to beat the dregs of the AFC, but it ain't good enough to get us to a Super Bowl, let alone win one. 

I'm not letting coaching off the hook, because our coaching staff chokes in the big moments.  But we have a significant talent gap on D.  I think we need to go all in on offense, and get into shootouts with KC and Cinci, because our D is not going to slow them down anytime soon.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Dont want to get a ban for comparing our team to the teams playing in the GDT so I am putting it here.  Im totally convinced its coaching.  KC its killing that Oline.  Their players arent better than ours.  Jones is a beast but really nobodies outside of that.  The difference is how they actually play the receivers tight and not 10 yards off and back up at the snap.  Burrow cant throw quick because it aint there for free.

Same story on offense. Allen may not be Mahomes but he is elite.  Their offensive design and coaching is second to none.  I feel like Dorsey is just backyard football.  A lot of people say "Josh wont take the underneath stuff."  I believe he would if he was coached to and the plays were designed to.  

Yep...

I realize the Bills had a whole bunch of injuries along the way...But that did not stop them from fielding 6 of their own 1st round picks, 2 of their own 2nd round picks, one of the better slot corners in the NFL, Milano, and an admittedly banged up Poyer on Defense alone...There's got to be a way to use that talent better. Even if it isn't all disruptive talent. B-)

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Spagnulo has always had something win or lose and his defenses show up in big games regardless of talent.

Must be nice.

Yet there defense is never elite during the season.

Would you rather have an elite regular season defense or elite playoff defense?

37 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Imma disagree with you OP, because KC's nobodies on D are better than our myriad high draft picks on D.  And Chris Jones is head and shoulders above anybody we have not named Von Miller.  Our D line is good enough to beat the dregs of the AFC, but it ain't good enough to get us to a Super Bowl, let alone win one. 

I'm not letting coaching off the hook, because our coaching staff chokes in the big moments.  But we have a significant talent gap on D.  I think we need to go all in on offense, and get into shootouts with KC and Cinci, because our D is not going to slow them down anytime soon.  

Then either our gm or coaches should be fired. 

• Like (+1) 1

If tonights game wasnt a damning indictment on our coaches and the plate of kaka they served up last week, I dont what else is. It wasnt just the great defensive game plan that KC cooked up but it was also the adjustments that Cinci made on offense to get back in the game. Then it was back to KC to make further adjustments on D to shut down the Bengals again. A total chess match between two great coaching staffs. Meanwhile we get the "connect 4 quality" coaching staff effort from our coaches last Sunday with little planning or strategy and no deviation or adjustments from the plan. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Can you imagine the Bills holding either of those offenses to below 24 points in a playoff game? Yet both of those defenses were able to pull that off despite being lower ranked than us throughout the entire regular season. I'm more and more convinced we are being held back by coaching. What other conclusion can you make?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Can you imagine the Bills holding either of those offenses to below 24 points in a playoff game? Yet both of those defenses were able to pull that off despite being lower ranked than us throughout the entire regular season. I'm more and more convinced we are being held back by coaching. What other conclusion can you make?

And sadly I think coaching and management will be the one thing that doesn't change this offseason.  Look for more of the same next year while our division opponents keep gaining ground

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.