Im convinced its coaching (Chiefs showing how to handle Bengals)

Scott7975

24 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

“We won 13 games,” Beane said. “It’s easy for us to sit here and question Dorsey…. everyone’s a Monday morning quarterback. Or Leslie Frazier, why didn’t you blitz more? Or why were the corners off? You can second-guess these guys all day long, but statistically speaking, we’ve had a really good defenses… Not everything was perfect for either one of them, but they’re both pros. You have to understand that sometimes games aren’t going to go for a player or a coach exactly how you want and that’s the reality of it.”

Doesn’t sound very much like there’s changes coming 

Until they renew (they won’t) his contract, he is not a member of the coaching staff.  

Edited by Trock

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Jones wasn’t out in the first game when Cinci walked down the field in the first drive and was walking down the field in the second drive.

There is no injury excuse here. 

Want to talk injuries? Cinci was missing THREE starting linemen.

I'm not making the list again.  We had way more injuries on defense than they had on offense and they were smart, they ran the ball.  Once they established the run they started to pass but they had more carries in a half than we have in most of our entire games.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

I'm not making the list again.  We had way more injuries on defense than they had on offense 

No we didn’t. 

Hyde was out and Jones was out. Every time else was playing.

In the first matchup, only Hyde was out.

They rolled over us in both games.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No we didn’t. 

Miller was also out, Phillips dressed but was taken out cuz he couldn't play and injuries to both Poyer and Tre White were significant

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No we didn’t. 

In the first one?  We played less than a quarter you can't say how that would have ended.  In the one that actually got played Hyde, Jones, Miller, and Hamlin were all out and Phillips was playing on one arm.  By the 3rd quarter Poyer and White were also out and this whole thing stemmed from you saying the guys we played the Bengals with were more talented than the players the Chiefs are playing today.  Outside of Milllano I'm not sure who you've got.

13 minutes ago, BFLO said:

A big reason we don’t play rookies is that Beane does not draft good players. The veteran role players outperform almost all of beanes picks. 

I dont buy that. I more so think this staff doesnt really know how to develop players.  A good example is Hughes, an already developed player hasnt done ***** here for years.  Goes to the worst team in the league and he is a beast.  Teller was bad here.  Gets traded and becomes an all pro.

16 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Dont want to get a ban for comparing our team to the teams playing in the GDT so I am putting it here.  Im totally convinced its coaching.  KC its killing that Oline.  Their players arent better than ours.  Jones is a beast but really nobodies outside of that.  The difference is how they actually play the receivers tight and not 10 yards off and back up at the snap.  Burrow cant throw quick because it aint there for free.

Same story on offense. Allen may not be Mahomes but he is elite.  Their offensive design and coaching is second to none.  I feel like Dorsey is just backyard football.  A lot of people say "Josh wont take the underneath stuff."  I believe he would if he was coached to and the plays were designed to.  

A lot to unpack here.

Yes. I feel that Frazier has topped out and he has not shown the ability to get his defenses ready for the big playoff games. Should have been shown the exit after the 13 second debacle.

Allen doesn't take the underneath stuff - that is really a thing with him getting tunnel vision for the kill shot or running the ball rather than dumping it off to open shorter options.

That being said, having an OL that can hold up long enough for Allen to take the plays that are underneath on schedule has to be factored in as well. If there is a jail break nearly every time he hikes the ball, of course Allen is going to pull the ball down, scramble and slide around, and is not going to process the plays that are on schedule around the sticks.

It got to the point where Allen's mistrust of his protection actually had him leaving the pocket when it was holding up, so as much as he says he trusts the guys in front of him... They need to find the right guys up front that can earn Allen's trust again so he can tap into that short game better and get rid of the ball faster.

So, it is a little bit of both... protect Allen better and he will show more tendencies to hit the routes on schedule and the Bills would see more RAC. Having other WRs be as dependable as Diggs would help. Having an OC that schemes in more passing plays to weapons like Hines and Cook would also help with RAC as they are weapons custom built to make someone miss in the flat and gain a lot of yards after.

Dorsey also has a lot of growth opportunities as an OC too as he was taken to the woodshed by the Bengal's DC.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Man, I'm depressed.

We just don't have the coaches, nor will we ever. KC never had the defensive talent we had this year, but their coaches are so much better and can actually scheme to stop Burrow. 

What's worse the drought or having an elite QB but average coaching and falling short every year 

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

What's worse the drought or having an elite QB but average coaching and falling short every year 

I'm not sure how old your are but if you lived through the seasons from 99 on the answer to this is sooooooo easy.  Not even close.  I don't like losing in the playoffs but this is easy.

Bengals need to run the damn ball.  Spags will come get your QB if you throw all day long.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I think it's an interesting question, whether the scheme is finished or whether it has continued to evolve.   I agree, it seems to have become predictable, what the good coaches do is continue create changes that cover the holes.   The result, if you do it well, is that after 5-6 years you have a defense that can do a lot of different things well.  If it doesn't evolve, it just becomes beatable.  

One reason I think that the schemed may continue to be a good scheme is that the league still is a passing league.  Having seven mobile guys playing behind the line seems like a good approach.  But it has to adjust.  

To your last sentence, 

This coaching staff doesn’t make adjustments quickly enough during games, Frazier said in an interview eight ish months ago, maybe farther back, that he doesn’t like to change what they practice doing during games, said something along the lines that is doesn’t create confidence in the scheme to the players. It was the most foolish thing I think I have ever heard a coach say openly. I believe his time as a coach has past, and it would do the team a serious favor if he retired. 

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

I'm not sure how old your are but if you lived through the seasons from 99 on the answer to this is sooooooo easy.  Not even close.  I don't like losing in the playoffs but this is easy.

Yes I'm 34 and been a hardcore fan probably since around 2000. At least with the drought the expectations were low and winning was more of a premium. Right now it's like that Bills are just waisting their elite QB with mediocre coaching. Obviously winning during the regular season and making the playoffs on a  regular basis is great, but in a way continued failure in the playoffs in our prime window with Josh is almost worse. 

20 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

In the first one?  We played less than a quarter you can't say how that would have ended.  In the one that actually got played Hyde, Jones, Miller, and Hamlin were all out and Phillips was playing on one arm.  By the 3rd quarter Poyer and White were also out and this whole thing stemmed from you saying the guys we played the Bengals with were more talented than the players the Chiefs are playing today.  Outside of Milllano I'm not sure who you've got.

Do you think the Chiefs have studs on defense or something? lol.

They are starting 8 rookies. And their #1 CB is out.

And you’re counting players that got injured mid-game. After they we’re already getting abused. That doesn’t count. You can’t say we were missing Tre and Poyer while they were getting abused before they went out.

Talent wise, I take the Bills defense over the Chiefs every day of the week. Chris Jones being the only exception.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.