Im convinced its coaching (Chiefs showing how to handle Bengals)

Scott7975

Imagine if D.Jones, Miller & Hyde played last Sunday:  McDermott & Frazier look like geniuses.  Instead, KC, with their D intact handles Cincy in the 1st half (just like last year) and it's all coaching.  Come On Man!

Edited by Albany,n.y.

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

So Marlowe and whoever was backing up Poyer (Johnson) were better safeties?  LB I'll give you but Bolton is pretty damn good.  Outside of that we were playing almost all injury replacements so I'm not sure where we were more talented than the players KC has out there.  

So you’re talking about one half of one game? We were getting run over before Poyer went out. Before Hamlin went out (first game). etc

Every Bills fan needs to be watching this game closely. It’s so maddening at how bad our gameplan was on both sides of the ball. All 4 games we lost in the playoffs with Allen the defense absolutely choked because of the gameplan not the players. You can’t tell me the Bills didn’t have any talent on the defensive side the last 4 years. And McDermott is supposed to be a defensive guy lol. The guy runs a system that works for most of the regular season which is good enough to win games but then he doesn’t gameplan for the teams we are playing in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So you’re talking about one half of one game? We were getting run over before Poyer went out. Before Hamlin went out (first game). etc

We were getting run over because Jones was out and Phillips was playing with one arm and we were trying to do thing to cover with half our team injured .  Again with the injuries we by far had less talent playing on defense than any of the teams playing this weekend or last.  With our opening day roster and the expectation that White would be back playing 100 percent I'd believe we have a talented roster on defense but not the group that was taking snaps last Sunday.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Dont want to get a ban for comparing our team to the teams playing in the GDT so I am putting it here.  Im totally convinced its coaching.  KC its killing that Oline.  Their players arent better than ours.  Jones is a beast but really nobodies outside of that.  The difference is how they actually play the receivers tight and not 10 yards off and back up at the snap.  Burrow cant throw quick because it aint there for free.

Same story on offense. Allen may not be Mahomes but he is elite.  Their offensive design and coaching is second to none.  I feel like Dorsey is just backyard football.  A lot of people say "Josh wont take the underneath stuff."  I believe he would if he was coached to and the plays were designed to.  

It’s hard to disagree with anything you said. Dorsey trained under Dabol and was OK. Josh made him look better than he deserved. His offense lacked creativity and balance, but in fairness the O-line and skill players underperformed. He’s got to get another year but Frazier has been terrible in 2 straight playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Imagine if D.Jones, Miller & Hyde played last Sunday:  McDermott & Frazier look like geniuses.  Instead, KC, with their D intact handles Cincy in the 1st half (just like last year) and it's all coaching.  Come On Man!

They didn't so you have to adjust what you have to without them

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

We were getting run over because Jones was out and Phillips was playing with one arm and we were trying to do thing to cover with half our team injured .  Again with the injuries we by far had less talent playing on defense than any of the teams playing this weekend or last.  With our opening day roster and the expectation that White would be back playing 100 percent I'd believe we have a talented roster on defense but not the group that was taking snaps last Sunday.

Jones wasn’t out in the first game when Cinci walked down the field in the first drive and was walking down the field in the second drive.

There is no injury excuse here. 

Want to talk injuries? Cinci was missing THREE starting linemen.

Edited by Einstein

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

8 of their 22 starters today are rookies.  We would have those guys scratched or sitting on the bench in favor of a vet role player.  Unless forced to by injury of course and because they got no experience all season they wouldnt be ready for a game of this magnitude.

A big reason we don’t play rookies is that Beane does not draft good players. The veteran role players outperform almost all of beanes picks. 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Jones wasn’t out in the first game when KC walked down the field in the first drive and was walking down the field in the second drive.

There is no injury excuse here. 

Since when has Jones made a difference anyways.  He’s not a game changer. Just more excuses of a team with no motivation 

Edited by Trock
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.