Im convinced its coaching (Chiefs showing how to handle Bengals)

Scott7975

McDermott and Frasier should be forced to watch the Bengals Wildcard and Championship games with their eyes held open a la A Clockwork Orange. THIS is modern defense, and please don’t try and say the Bills don’t have the personnel to play it - even without Miller and Hyde.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

McDermott and Frasier should be forced to watch the Bengals Wildcard and Championship games with their eyes held open a la A Clockwork Orange. THIS is modern defense, and please don’t try and say the Bills don’t have the personnel to play it - even without Miller and Hyde.

As a Bills fan, you have to laugh to keep from crying 😂😂

• Agree 2

The bigger issue is Beane and McDermott missing on a majority of our defensive draft picks.. The Eagles actually play defense similarly to us they dont blitz often difference being their d line is ferocious and get pressure with the front 4 . Beane has drafted so many d lineman with barely anything to show for it

• Agree 1

This is roughly the score in our game at halftime.  White and Poyer went down in the 3rd to go along with all the other injuries.  The difference will be if the Bengals get something going on offense.  I am going to get crazy and say something I've never said before .................... run the damn ball.  JK ........... I said that all season long.

22 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

To me this is what our defense is...  Play soft with everything in front of you.  Get to the ball quick and make the tackle.  Dont get beat deep.  Make the team drive the entire field in short bits without the big chunks.  Hope the team makes a mistake.  Odds say they will over that extended amount of time.  The gist of it anyways.  That works against teams in the regular season for the most part.  It doesnt work in the playoffs because you are now facing elite QBs.  Those QBs, like Mahomes and Burrow, dont make enough mistakes for that defense to work.  Which is why our D gives up a lot of points in the playoffs compared to the regular season.

Well stated.   It’s the equivalent of play to not lose.  Winning isnt for the timid and our D coaching plays to not lose.  

I just hope Fraizer is t renewed 

6 minutes ago, bills11 said:

The bigger issue is Beane and McDermott missing on a majority of our defensive draft picks.. The Eagles actually play defense similarly to us they dont blitz often difference being their d line is ferocious and get pressure with the front 4 . Beane has drafted so many d lineman with barely anything to show for it

Disagree. We absolutely have the talent to do it, Frazier simply won’t do it. He’s called the same defense for 6 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

Regardless of who is injured, you just can’t let the opponent play pitch and catch all day.  The passes have to be contested. The QB had to be made uncomfortable.  and the Bills did neither last week.

We didn't just let them play pitch and catch .............. we let them run all over the place also.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Success said:

It is.  I don't think we have BAD coaching - but it's not elite, or championship level. 

You can get a lucky run or 2 w/ our kind of coaching. But that's probably it. 

The more I watch games, the more I think our coaching is the biggest problem with the Bills and why we haven’t been in the SuperBowl already.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Dont want to get a ban for comparing our team to the teams playing in the GDT so I am putting it here.  Im totally convinced its coaching.  KC its killing that Oline.  Their players arent better than ours.  Jones is a beast but really nobodies outside of that.  The difference is how they actually play the receivers tight and not 10 yards off and back up at the snap.  Burrow cant throw quick because it aint there for free.

Same story on offense. Allen may not be Mahomes but he is elite.  Their offensive design and coaching is second to none.  I feel like Dorsey is just backyard football.  A lot of people say "Josh wont take the underneath stuff."  I believe he would if he was coached to and the plays were designed to.  

Allen is mahomes he’s just playing behind the 2019 chiefs offensive line and not the 2022 chiefs offensive line lol 

if the chiefs were missing their Chris jones like we were missing von they’d be getting steamrolled also 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.