Im convinced its coaching (Chiefs showing how to handle Bengals)

Scott7975

3 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

The bills D scheme is tired and has been figured out a long time ago. 

I think it's an interesting question, whether the scheme is finished or whether it has continued to evolve.   I agree, it seems to have become predictable, what the good coaches do is continue create changes that cover the holes.   The result, if you do it well, is that after 5-6 years you have a defense that can do a lot of different things well.  If it doesn't evolve, it just becomes beatable.  

One reason I think that the schemed may continue to be a good scheme is that the league still is a passing league.  Having seven mobile guys playing behind the line seems like a good approach.  But it has to adjust.  

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well he aint going to do it when they send 4 deep and only leave the dump off back, I know that. They can easily scheme short passes.  He took them in the first couple games. He worked and did all intermediate stuff the year before last.  Dude can and will if he is coached and schemed to IMO.

I do wonder if Josh feels he has more freedom under Dorsey to do his own thing, whilst Daboll was more of a boss he listened to. Saying that, it’s not as if Josh didn’t have bad games under Daboll.

It’s imperative they work on the short game and accepting what they give him over pre-season. We need to keep the long ball but it has to be used more sparingly, not as a default go to when panicking.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, I'd say there are multiple differences.  There's a thread about physical toughness, and that stands out, too.  But I think you're right.  Neither the defensive nor offensive coaching is creative enough.  

I agree, its more than just what I wrote but I am trying to watch the game at the same time.  Its just the stuff is pissing me off about our own team so I had to vent. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I think it's an interesting question, whether the scheme is finished or whether it has continued to evolve.   I agree, it seems to have become predictable, what the good coaches do is continue create changes that cover the holes.   The result, if you do it well, is that after 5-6 years you have a defense that can do a lot of different things well.  If it doesn't evolve, it just becomes beatable.  

One reason I think that the schemed may continue to be a good scheme is that the league still is a passing league.  Having seven mobile guys playing behind the line seems like a good approach.  But it has to adjust.  

Almost as predictable as our offense plays. We are a complacent, vanilla team. We need to make changes at hc to get over the humble. Joshs window is closing. 

Edited by Trock

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Dont want to get a ban for comparing our team to the teams playing in the GDT so I am putting it here.  Im totally convinced its coaching.  KC its killing that Oline.  Their players arent better than ours.  Jones is a beast but really nobodies outside of that.  The difference is how they actually play the receivers tight and not 10 yards off and back up at the snap.  Burrow cant throw quick because it aint there for free.

Same story on offense. Allen may not be Mahomes but he is elite.  Their offensive design and coaching is second to none.  I feel like Dorsey is just backyard football.  A lot of people say "Josh wont take the underneath stuff."  I believe he would if he was coached to and the plays were designed to.  

It’s 100% coaching.

I’ve been saying it for years.

It really is asinine nobody of relevance is fired yet.

Best thing long term for this team is to suck next year and clean house.

• Agree 1

Just now, Shaw66 said:

This is not the defense we played with Lorenzo Alexander.  We changed a lot after Kyle and Alexander retired. 

1 minute ago, McBean said:

It’s 100% coaching.

I’ve been saying it for years.

It really is asinine nobody of relevance is fired yet.

Best thing long term for this team is to suck next year and clean house.

Hate to say it, but you’re right. We missed our opportunity. Let’s start over and build around Josh. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

When I watch other defenses in the playoffs I see creative pass rush and coverage schemes. Our defense is not creative. We just cross our fingers the opposing offense makes a mistake instead of trying to create mistakes.

Same thing on the offensive side. Our offense last week was runs from shotgun or bombs. No rhythm, no creativity, no scheming up mismatches.

The more playoff games I watch the less confident I become this coaching staff can get us over the hump. I haven't been this down on the Bills in a long time.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.