CMC = Josh Allen at RB

Cuboirs

34 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

My point is that judging every move by every team on whether or not they won the Super Bowl that season is absurd. By those standards every move 31 teams made were bad and every move Philly or KC made was good. It’s just ridiculous. 

Fair point

My point was that those throwing stones at the 49ers for "selling out" to get CMC and not getting a SB for it, should look in a Bills framed mirror because one can look at the Bills moves from the same perspective - "selling out" to get Von Miller only to have him lost

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

Fair point

My point was that those throwing stones at the 49ers for "selling out" to get CMC and not getting a SB for it, should look in a Bills framed mirror because one can look at the Bills moves from the same perspective - "selling out" to get Von Miller only to have him lost

Yup. Certainly a fair point.

52 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The 49ers have no QB to pay though.  2 rookies.

They have an interesting roster situation.  They have $13M in cap

Christian McCaffrey is signed through 2025

They can actually save money on Bosa's $17.86M cap hit by signing him to a long term contract.

Yeah….their clock is ticking.  They pushed their chips in on mccaffery helping them win a SB while they pay their QBs pennies.  They’ll save money on Bosas 18M cap hit next year….only to make that cap hit 35M in a couple years.  Bosa is their QB salary.  And he’s about to get paid.  Greenlaw has 1 year on his contract.  Mcglinchy is a FA. Jimmie Ward a FA. Brendel a FA. Al Shaair a FA.  Hufanga 2 years left.  Juszesyk has 2 7M cap hits incoming. 

They have a nice 2 year window.  Phillys talent level will probably drop off some over the next 2 years.  It’s impossible to keep that kind of talent and pay a QB.  

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not sure of your point?  Sure, they came up short having to play a 4th string QB then a 3rd string QB with an injured arm.

One could say the Bills came up short(er) playing whoever in place of Von Miller, our 2nd and 3rd string NT, and playing 3rd and 4th string safeties

They still came up short, meaning the throw of resources into this year didn't work out for them.

And so did we, meaning the same.

I also don't get their line of reasoning.  Signing CMC was a brilliant move that helped the 49's reach the conference championship.  That they lost all their QB's to injury over the course of the season including two during the championship game has nothing to do with the CMC signing.  The fact is had we signed McCaffrey we might be playing down in Arizona in two weeks.

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah CMC is a beast but he isn’t the unicorn josh is lol

If anything Derrick Henry is the Josh Allen of running backs

I don’t know CMC pretty much made the 49ers a legit contender when they got him. There was no chance they win yesterday with NO QB available. 

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Fair point

Losing Von Miller like that hurt and I don’t think anybody can say any different if we had Vaughn chasing burrow around that might’ve looked much different not just because von because it would’ve opened up things on the other side

it hurt like not having Jones hurt whenever he came to the running game Jones was our best interior lineman this year

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t know CMC pretty much made the 49ers a legit contender when they got him. There was no chance they win yesterday with NO QB available. 

I’m not denying the talent of Christian McCaffrey

His stature is just way too small to be the “Josh Allen” of anything… Josh is a 6’5 250 pound unicorn quarterback

McCaffreys 5’11 barely 200 pounds… He may be Marshall Faulk Esque but he is not the josh Allen of running backs 

again if anything Derrick Henry at 6’3 245 running blazing speeds is the josh Allen of running backs … he’s the only physical specimen like josh 

34 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m not denying the talent of Christian McCaffrey

His stature is just way too small to be the “Josh Allen” of anything… Josh is a 6’5 250 pound unicorn quarterback

McCaffreys 5’11 barely 200 pounds… He may be Marshall Faulk Esque but he is not the josh Allen of running backs 

again if anything Derrick Henry at 6’3 245 running blazing speeds is the josh Allen of running backs … he’s the only physical specimen like josh 

Lol I’m talking about how he elevated his team to be a true contender… like Allen has for the Bills.. not his actual size lol

16 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol I’m talking about how he elevated his team to be a true contender… like Allen has for the Bills.. not his actual size lol

I mean I understand that but I don’t even think he’s Josh Allen talent…

Let alone he doesn’t have his combination of size speed strength… And the Niners went to a SB in 19 without him… They weren’t in futility… The Niners plug-in just about anybody and look pretty good

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Josh Allen walks into the Hall of Fame… I’m gonna go on another limb and say Christian McCaffrey does not go to the Hall of Fame

@BADOLBILZ running backs are just built different now … Even a lot of the Top backs today would have been back ups 25 years ago

Is Christian McCaffrey a really good football player? Yea

I would never compare him to Josh Allen Who other football players Call an alien

Edited by Buffalo716

22 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

And SF still has a big question at QB so who knows.  2 years straight to conf championship game and came up short

Theyre going to have Trey Lance healthy. Its so bizarre ppl are giving up on him after 5.5 quarters lolllllll 4 of which were in a dang monsoon. 

Sf gave up two first rders and a third to go up and get him.  Reminds me of that guy who got his Ferrari and then got stuck in the same day in January.

"Damn things stuck. Guess ill throw it out and drive my 2022 Chevy Cruze"

42 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Theyre going to have Trey Lance healthy. Its so bizarre ppl are giving up on him after 5.5 quarters lolllllll 4 of which were in a dang monsoon. 

Sf gave up two first rders and a third to go up and get him.  Reminds me of that guy who got his Ferrari and then got stuck in the same day in January.

"Damn things stuck. Guess ill throw it out and drive my 2022 Chevy Cruze"

Right now they have an untested rookie that they gave up alot for, but have no idea what they really have with him, a 7th round rookie, and a guy who's looked good, but is a FA and is always hurt.  Lance  could be a Mac Jones type or even worse or could in the Mahommes Allen discussion.

To use your car analogy, yes the car is stuck, the problem is they are 2.8 years into a 3 year lease on it. So what do they do, sell all their other cars and keep the expensive one hoping once they get past this one issue it will be great, or keep one of the less sexy models and let the fancy one expire. 

Like the car lease, the salary cap also gives you a window so do you want to take a chance.  That's my point SF has no idea if they have a QB good enough to win with and the clock is ticking.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean I understand that but I don’t even think he’s Josh Allen talent…

Let alone he doesn’t have his combination of size speed strength… And the Niners went to a SB in 19 without him… They weren’t in futility… The Niners plug-in just about anybody and look pretty good

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Josh Allen walks into the Hall of Fame… I’m gonna go on another limb and say Christian McCaffrey does not go to the Hall of Fame

@BADOLBILZ running backs are just built different now … Even a lot of the Top backs today would have been back ups 25 years ago

Is Christian McCaffrey a really good football player? Yea

I would never compare him to Josh Allen Who other football players Call an alien

CMC I expect to make the HOF. He made a lot of bad QBs look good as a Panther. He isn’t just an amazing runner but also an amazing receiver. 

He’s one of dem der water bugs Gailey always wanted.  It would have been a lot too give up but I think at the price we would of paid to acquire him plus the salary the staff would be kinda forced to utilize him.  I know our line sucks but there’s a reason we’ve been linked to so many scat backs the last few years. Josh having a stud to dump it off too when nothings open downfield is lethal.  It works in Madden so it’s gotta work inreal life too right?

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

Come on what?  Their season is over. It doesn’t matter who was hurt.  1 of the seasons they went all in on ended up falling short.  

I’m not saying they couldn’t have wonthe SB this year.  I think they could’ve beaten Philly with a healthy Purdy.  But they didn’t. Not much else to it.  

They did have a healthy Purdy. They couldn't protect him to keep him from injury, so they obviously couldn't beat Philly with a healthy Purdy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.