Should we have signed Ndamukung Suh?

Einstein

4 hours ago, 0017 said:

I was thinking the same thing earlier this week, they signed him and linval Joseph to matching 750,000$ contracts. I think it made their defense so much better! It would have given us some much needed  physical presence up front. Maybe we don’t roll over on defense like we did. 

And suh is no choir boy so any team that tried roughing up Allen would find their qb running for his life.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hard not to have a bit of jealousy watching these other coaches.

He put himself into this situation and it’s looking less and less likely he’s going to survive the off season here.  My take is it could be like Wade Phillips.  Lots of talent, paired with arrogance, and a condescending tone that reporters have gotten tired of.  So, it’s weighing on the ownership to satisfy the base.  I wouldn’t go all in for Payton he’s got way to many issues.  Vicodin and Molly addictions are at the forefront.  

42 minutes ago, Beast said:

We scored 10 points at home with a healthy offense.

Suh wouldn’t have mattered one bit.

If you're pointing to once specific game, sure.  We were dominated at the LOS on both sides of the ball.  Had we still had Von, a healthy Daq, a player like Suh, and Groot, that's probably a different story, especially against a line down several starters.  Nothing was going to change our O-line getting dominated like it was though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

He is wreaking havoc in this NFC Championship game. 

Eagles signed him in November for only $750k + bonuses/incentives. 

Given our injuries and lack of push by the d-line, do you wish we pursued him?

No, he’s too mean for McDermott.

12 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yeah hindsight is 20/20. I honestly wasn’t thinking about Suh in November.

Kinda wish Beane thought of it though.

He did think of it.  He signed DaQuan Jones, who is the same kind of player.   He was super productive and brought a physical presence in the middle we haven't seen in 20 years.   So what is the issue again?  

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

yep, him and CB Bradberry.  

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

yep, him and CB Bradberry.  

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yeah hindsight is 20/20. I honestly wasn’t thinking about Suh in November.

Kinda wish Beane thought of it though.

As playoff bow-outs pile up, the Beane hype withers, whether it's his drafting or pro player personnel signings. You take away drafting Allen, trading for Diggs, and going into cap purgatory to sign Miller, and he appears all hat and no cattle. He had no answers, or accountability at his last presser. He and McDermott seem unwilling to make the hard, necessary changes, andI think the loveliest for them is over.

14 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Even though he's aging, he'd have been a force there with a healthy Daquan.  I like that tandem much better than Oliver in there, who I think has worn out his welcome here.

Worn out his welcome with you, maybe. A few others as well, I'm sure.

At this point in his career, he is only a hired gun for the playoffs.  He takes the 17 game season off and ONLY shows effort in the playoffs.

So, IF he were available late in a season, I'd sign him for the balance of that year ONLY.  I think he's a cancer who creates internal strife within the team (opposite of Von Miller) and would be a distraction during the long season.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.