Should we have signed Ndamukung Suh?

Einstein

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What’s even the point of this discussion? 

It’s the off-season and some of us are bored and want a different discussion than the same old stuff we’ve been talking about all week.

I personally just pass on by threads that I don’t care for.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It’s the off-season and some of us are bored and want a different discussion than the same old stuff we’ve been talking about all week.

I personally just pass on by threads that I don’t care for.

You handled that much better than I would have, well done.  

1 minute ago, Beast said:

We scored 10 points at home with a healthy offense.

Suh wouldn’t have mattered one bit.

Solid counter point

Edited by CoudyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Suh is the reason they have no QB’s left lol.

You can’t use that excuse when Suh is what caused the excuse.

Such doesn’t fit the soft mold of McDermott.  Our secondary which was physical and showed up even riddled with injuries just fired their Coach.  In part because Sean cannot and will not admit mistakes on the defensive line or in the line backing corps.  Beane needs to be allowed to have an offensive Head Coach and a Defensive coordinator without allowing for too much attachments.  I’d say we could shuffle Sean making an attempt for Callahan off of the Bengals staff.  Poaching a Coach might not be as distasteful as it appear and there’s no friends on the sidelines this is a business and the Pegula’s know that.  

Hey, I was banging the drum to sign Reddick before the season and wanted Suh too when it became apparent he was going to join a team. Year after year the man proves he can still bring it. He was awesome in the postseason for TB a couple of years ago.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I know this is a bit of football 101, but when your defense can’t stop the opposing offense, it puts immense stress on your offense as they feel they need to keep pace with the opponent.

The offense starts to press and then it all falls apart.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

They really needed more help at end than tackle and Jones was having a good year clogging up the runs.  Phillips and Settle were decent backups too so probably not!

Granted would have helped last week with Jones out and Phillips playing with one arm, but didn't know that was going to happen either.  Don't think Phillips was hurt back in November yet??

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

They really needed more help at end than tackle and Jones was having a good year clogging up the runs.  Phillips and Settle were decent backups too so probably not!

Granted would have helped last week with Jones out and Phillips playing with one arm, but didn't know that was going to happen either.  Don't think Phillips was hurt back in November yet??

I think he got hurt at the end of November (against NE).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Hey, I was banging the drum to aign Reddick before the season and wanted Suh too when it became apparent he was going to join a team. Year after year the man proves he can still bring it. He was awesome in the postseason for TB a couple of years ago.

I think this is where we’ve got to admit the process has peaked.  As in Philly when McDermott was fired he’s peaked.  I’d look at poaching the Bengals OC.  Fans are dreading the off season cap casualty future markets a divisional or wild card Coach at best.  A winning record can be deceitful and difficult to tell when the final foot falls.  

8 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I think this is where we’ve got to admit the process has peaked.  As in Philly when McDermott was fired he’s peaked.  I’d look at poaching the Bengals OC.  Fans are dreading the off season cap casualty future markets a divisional or wild card Coach at best.  A winning record can be deceitful and difficult to tell when the final foot falls.  

Hard not to have a bit of jealousy watching these other coaches.

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

it was 17 to 10 at one point.  A couple of second half stops would have made a huge difference.  That said at that point White and Poyer were also injured so I'm not sure everyone would have been covered long enough for even a good DT to get there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.