Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

HOUSE

11 hours ago, Casey D said:

Or being the best team

If our guy didn't need 9 minutes of CPR to pump the life back into him, we could have been that team. 

I'm not blaming Damar or the circumstances.  I'm just stating facts. His recovery to life was our SB, this year. I can see Buf going on an early 90s SB run . We'll definitely have a shot. But I believe that just drained everybody and I'll take Damar being alive vs a Lombardi for the 22 Bills.  

Next year I expect a Lombardi 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Been scrolling every 10 pages of this thread.

Allen was by far the most super hyped QB as you say it , this off season and first 6 gms of the season. 

Reality is, Burrow and Mahomes both been to more SBs and Championship games than Allen 

That's a fact

I still wouldn't trade Allen for either but it makes you question the coaching behind him 

Regardless. Burrow and Patty deserve their respect 

Mahomes has my respect, just like Brady did. Burrow has to do something more than being the QB on a team with an elite postseason defense and fg kicker. Only one 300 yard game(with 0 tds 1 int), no games with 3 or more td passes and has never put up more than 27 points in 7 postseason games.

Should've never made it out of the WC round both years. First the refs save him last year and then his defense scored a 98 yard td to save him this year. He doesn't get respect until he earns it, there's no participation trophies nor should there be.

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Mahomes has my respect, just like Brady did. Burrow has to do something more than being the QB on a team with an elite postseason defense and fg kicker. Only one 300 yard game(with 0 tds 1 int), no games with 3 or more td passes and has never put up more than 27 points in 7 postseason games.

Should've never made it out of the WC round both years. First the refs save him last year and then his defense scored a 98 yard td to save him this year. He doesn't get respect until he earns it, there's no participation trophies nor should there be.

Valid points bro. 

I guess I'll agree to disagree only because he beat Allen h2h this year and beat Patty last year when Allen didn't. 

Alot of variables at play obviously but the kid deserves his respect.  He's accomplished more than Josh in 3 years than Allen did in 5.

I'll still take Allen all day but these are just facts

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Valid points bro. 

I guess I'll agree to disagree only because he beat Allen h2h this year and beat Patty last year when Allen didn't. 

Alot of variables at play obviously but the kid deserves his respect.  He's accomplished more than Josh in 3 years than Allen did in 5.

I've never have and never will be one to judge a QB simply on whether his team  wins or loses. His numbers in both postseason have either been equal to the league regular season QB average or below and there's a whole lot of bad QB play factoring into that regular season average. During Cincy’s Super Bowl run his QBR was 51.0. 50 is defined as the average QB play in the league. Not to mention having to settle for 19 fgs in 7 games while possessing the best WR trio in the league. You are correct we'll have to agree to disagree on this. 

Rooted for Bengals.

Patrick Mahomes is a generational Superstar NFL MVP QB. Travis Kelce is a generational Superstar TE. As long as they're healthy, they're in it every season no matter how bad the Chiefs appear. I think the Chiefs and Mahomes win their 2nd Super Bowl. Eagles gonna get messed up.

Remember that Joe Burrow and the Bengals haven't won the Super Bowl yet.

There were many years between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady where they didn't win anything.

Took Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen a while before they won their first in 1991.

Took LeBron James a long time, too.

We're gonna be ok.

Our stud, Josh Allen, doesn't have a torn UCL. We're extremely thankful and happy that Josh Allen didn't get that. We're also thankful that Damar Hamlin is alive and well.

Sucked we got dominated by Cincinnati in our building, but that goes to show how far we are as a team; there are a lot more work and improvements needed

We're 14-4. Things were worse before. Remember that 2 decade playoff drought? Shyeah we don't wanna be there again for a damn long time. We're good with the present.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I've never have and never will be one to judge a QB simply on whether his team  wins or loses. His numbers in both postseason have either been equal to the league regular season QB average or below and there's a whole lot of bad QB play factoring into that regular season average. During Cincy’s Super Bowl run his QBR was 51.0. 50 is defined as the average QB play in the league. Not to mention having to settle for 19 fgs in 7 games while possessing the best WR trio in the league. You are correct we'll have to agree to disagree on this. 

🤙

That's a great point though. Respect 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

Respectful question- why no Bills content allowed?  

Because it inevitably ends up turning the live game thread into yet anther Bills B word fest.

People like to have a thread to talk about the game being played and introducing Bills content into it then makes it difficult or impossible to follow and talk with others about the game itself.

There are dozens of threads people can select to discuss any aspect of the Bills they wish, keeping one free of that for a few hours so that folks can discuss a game they are watching is a nice option for us to have.

Nobody loses, everybody wins. 🤙

The only problematic part of it is me missing watching the game myself because I'm trying to keep the game thread clean (my computer and TV are not in the same room). I probably missed over 50% of both games yesterday trying to provide a clean thread for people, and I'm trying to figure out another way to provide this service without screwing myself over at the same time. I do not want that to continue going forward, so it's possible that kind of janitorial work may be discontinued. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Been scrolling every 10 pages of this thread.

Allen was by far the most super hyped QB as you say it , this off season and first 6 gms of the season. 

Reality is, Burrow and Mahomes both been to more SBs and Championship games than Allen 

That's a fact

I still wouldn't trade Allen for either but it makes you question the coaching behind him 

Regardless. Burrow and Patty deserve their respect 

Allen doesn't have what burrow or mahomes have lol...I hate the argument of superbowls and afccg appearances being used to judge a qb...it takes a total team game as I'd hope any Bills fan knows....Allen has one of the worst olines in the league....he has no true wr2 opposite diggs...he has no offensive mastermind hc who can scheme a guy open in a phone booth lol

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Valid points bro. 

“ Patty” ? Lol…

21 hours ago, Simon said:

Because it inevitably ends up turning the live game thread into yet anther Bills B word fest.

People like to have a thread to talk about the game being played and introducing Bills content into it then makes it difficult or impossible to follow and talk with others about the game itself.

There are dozens of threads people can select to discuss any aspect of the Bills they wish, keeping one free of that for a few hours so that folks can discuss a game they are watching is a nice option for us to have.

Nobody loses, everybody wins. 🤙

The only problematic part of it is me missing watching the game myself because I'm trying to keep the game thread clean (my computer and TV are not in the same room). I probably missed over 50% of both games yesterday trying to provide a clean thread for people, and I'm trying to figure out another way to provide this service without screwing myself over at the same time. I do not want that to continue going forward, so it's possible that kind of janitorial work may be discontinued. 🤷‍♂️

thank you.  since the Bills had just played cincy memories about that game came to mind and i felt myself wanting to make comparisons and observations about how they played the Bills and things they were doing differently in this game against kansas city.  it was difficult to tell what was acceptable and what wasn't but definitely felt that some comparisons and references could have been of value.    

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Simon said:

PC Laptops - Best Buy

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, jethro_tull said:

Respectful question- why no Bills content allowed?  

Cuz it sucked seeing comments like “why can’t Oliver be more like Chandler Jones” or “ there’s no comparison between their oline and the Bills oline”

It’s a Bengals vs. Chiefs thread. I was banned for a day for replying to those comments. Not sure if the posters of those threads received the same treatment, but there you go. 
Simon actually posted to this in the NFCCG thread. He sent out a warning. 

22 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Rooted for Bengals.

Patrick Mahomes is a generational Superstar NFL MVP QB. Travis Kelce is a generational Superstar TE. As long as they're healthy, they're in it every season no matter how bad the Chiefs appear. I think the Chiefs and Mahomes win their 2nd Super Bowl. Eagles gonna get messed up.

Remember that Joe Burrow and the Bengals haven't won the Super Bowl yet.

There were many years between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady where they didn't win anything.

Took Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen a while before they won their first in 1991.

Took LeBron James a long time, too.

We're gonna be ok.

Our stud, Josh Allen, doesn't have a torn UCL. We're extremely thankful and happy that Josh Allen didn't get that. We're also thankful that Damar Hamlin is alive and well.

Sucked we got dominated by Cincinnati in our building, but that goes to show how far we are as a team; there are a lot more work and improvements needed

We're 14-4. Things were worse before. Remember that 2 decade playoff drought? Shyeah we don't wanna be there again for a damn long time. We're good with the present.

I agree with much of your post.  I thought KC looked pedestrian for much of the game and I disagree that Philly loses. In fact I think it’s a blowout and KC is embarrassed.  And I hate Philly and their fan base is mainly obnoxious. 

we will be OK and will win our Due SB’s.  Need to address DC and OC right now and get Josh help   That’s where Beane will need to work his magic and McD sacks up a bit and demands more. 

He and Co built a culture now build a winner with it 

1 hour ago, jethro_tull said:

thank you.  since the Bills had just played cincy memories about that game came to mind and i felt myself wanting to make comparisons and observations about how they played the Bills and things they were doing differently in this game against kansas city.  it was difficult to tell what was acceptable and what wasn't but definitely felt that some comparisons and references could have been of value.    

It was a unique situation with the game involving the team that had eliminated us just a week ago against the one team the Bills have been chasing, and playing in a Championship game we wanted to be in. Lots of factors pushing what was likely hundreds of frustrated venting postws into the game thread.

There was another live thread that was essentially dedicated to those comparisons and why the Bills weren't good enough to be there and how to fix that, etc. and it ended up working pretty good so that folks had a couple options of what they wanted to discuss and where to do it without washing out other people's conversations.

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

I was banned for a day for replying to those comments. Not sure if the posters of those threads received the same treatment, but there you go. 
Simon actually posted to this in the NFCCG thread.

The request was placed in both threads and in both titles. I also sent out dozens of individual PMs asking people to not do that in that thread until eventually it just became too much. You can be sure that you were not the only one who was temporarily locked out until after the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just a respectful suggestion - that maybe make a thread for bills commentary included also and then the people who struggle not trying to still digest the end if our season would have a place to discuss and not bother those that don't. Might save a lot of pm work too!

Some people may not feel comfortable doing that on their own or it may come off incorrectly if we did.

Edited by Sharky7337

16 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Just a respectful suggestion - that maybe make a thread for bills commentary included also and then the people who struggle not trying to still digest the end if our season would have a place to discuss and not bother those that don't.

There was another one available for exactly that

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

It's natural to make comparisons.

That's half the fun ...

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.