Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

HOUSE

51 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It was great watching those cocky a-holes get shown the door.  See ya.

Now i wouldn’t mind seeing Philly send KC home without a prize. 

Without a doubt. It’s a huge turn-off by the bengals to just talk so brazenly. It’s America. Everyone likes the underdog who’s humble.

But I gotta say, chiefs were getting a lot of calls going their way at pivotal times. penalties that the refs have been leaving uncalled all playoffs. Especially at pivotal times. I would be livid if I were a bengals fan. 

Anyways, go Philly!

Edited by VaMilBill

That’s the second time that “playing with an edge” cost the Bengals in a key moment. First time was when Vontaze Burfect hit on Antonio Brown and the second was that hit on Mahomes. That team has been playing with its hair on fire since the Halloween loss to the Browns and they finally got burnt.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I wish I had more of a feel for what that would look like from the perspective of the guy committing the foul; I think it's quite possible he/you/me/anyone wouldn't be even CLOSE to being aware of where the sideline is on that play, especially as he is running as fast as he can and is focused on Mahomes, not the ground.

Then again, maybe NFLers would say "No, you can tell where you are on the field, that's guy's just an idiot."

The latter.  The players learn to play the sideline starting in PeeWee

The players who play in good college programs and the pros absolutely are the ones who can perform full go athletically while being aware of where they are on the field, where other players are on the field etc.

He was an idiot and you could tell after the game he knew it

I realize no commentator is perfect. But I do think Tony Romo is one of the best. Have you ever noticed how he knows all the penalties from the booth before they are announced on the field?

I just returned from the bengals board. They are Convinced that not only is the NFL rigged in favor of the chiefs. But that blatant penalties were not called in their teams favor.  And they may have a good point as far as poor officiating. Lord knows every team has had their share of those debacles.

But since senor Romo is so good at spotting fouls...how often do you think he is just waiting for the flag before he opens his mouth to mention the penalty............

He sees it ALL but the referees clearly cannot and do not see them all. Im not buying the rigged angle as much as I just think they are  not perfect. And MAYBE some team bias.  Being rigged to me means with intent to secure any certain outcome. I just dont buy the referees being that morally complicit to do something like that. I know that certain players were favored in the past (tom brady) but in any case my point still stands.

yep the bengals board folks  are a salty bunch today. Boo freakin hoo 😿

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, muppy said:

I realize no commentator is perfect. But I do think Tony Romo is one of the best. Have you ever noticed how he knows all the penalties from the booth before they are announced on the field?

I just returned from the bengals board. They are Convinced that not only is the NFL rigged in favor of the chiefs. But that blatant penalties were not called in their teams favor.  And they may have a good point as far as poor officiating. Lord knows every team has had their share of those debacles.

But since senor Romo is so good at spotting fouls...how often do you think he is just waiting for the flag before he opens his mouth to mention the penalty............

He sees it ALL but the referees clearly cannot and do not see them all. Im not buying the rigged angle as much as I just think they are  not perfect. And MAYBE some team bias.  Being rigged to me means with intent to secure any certain outcome. I just dont buy the referees being that morally complicit to do something like that. I know that certain players were favored in the past (tom brady) but in any case my point still stands.

m

It’s interesting that the bengals are calling it rigged. Let’s not remember last year against the Raiders in the wild card round where the refs blew a play dead but allowed the result of a TD in Cinci’s favor. Raiders probably win that game if not for that call

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Langeston said:

It depends how long you want you want hold onto the past - 🎅 

Eagles fans boo Santa

Meanwhile Arrowhead is on fire to celebrate their win. I think they're pulling ahead in the crappy fan column. Some Bills fans may give you anonymous casual sex acts in the stands so I don't know if that's a plus or minus. 

Speaking of which I told my Philly friends I'd guarantee my support only if one of their fans ate victory horsecrap on camera again. One reply was that somebody probably already was eating it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

The latter.  The players learn to play the sideline starting in PeeWee

The players who play in good college programs and the pros absolutely are the ones who can perform full go athletically while being aware of where they are on the field, where other players are on the field etc.

He was an idiot and you could tell after the game he knew it

I completely agree with you.   Disciplined football is so much more important than most people think and it is all encompassing in every part of the game.   Situational awareness alone would dictate to you that you do not need to hit the QB there.   And he was well out of bounds by the time that contact was made.   That is a classic example of a guy wanting to be bigger than the moment and his team.   

A few colleagues, mixed bag of men and women, were group texting and the sentiment of “feeling bad” for #58 was being thrown out.    Thankfully I kept myself from responding to them because the moment that play happened my take was - “WHAT A SELFISH AHOLE!!!!”   As was a few teammates from what is being found on audio from the sideline reports….

2 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Like everything else, it depends on the year. This year both are in the Super Bowl, last year both lost their 1st game in the Divisional round.

True. If only the #1s are going to win, just go directly to the Super Bow after the regular season and skip the playoffs altogether. A closer look shows the AFC # 1 on defense withunder two minutes to play in a tie game and the #3 needing only a FG to win with possibly very little to no time remaining if they move the ball. The NFC game you have to throw out because the better team imo lost their QB in the first quarter. It’s actually quite realistic that both home teams could have lost yesterday. The only thing guaranteed by the one seed is a free pass to round 2. Important , but far from a guarantee to reach the Super Bowl. 

5 hours ago, muppy said:

m

Hate to break it to you but the NFL is an entertainment product not a pro league. The league does things to help teams win all the time. Last Super Bowl was a good example. The Bengals were looking like they were going to win but come 4th quarter the flags started flying against them to help the Rams win. 

Newsflash the Rams had issues selling tickets. Having them win fixed some of that. They did the same in the Eagles 49ers game. They called penalties to make sure the Eagles won. It's a better draw then a QB less 49ers team. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Yup now we get to see mahomes choke in the superbowl AGAIN...I'm over Burrow and mahomes being superhyped while Allen gets piled on by everyone

Been scrolling every 10 pages of this thread.

Allen was by far the most super hyped QB as you say it , this off season and first 6 gms of the season. 

Reality is, Burrow and Mahomes both been to more SBs and Championship games than Allen 

That's a fact

I still wouldn't trade Allen for either but it makes you question the coaching behind him 

Regardless. Burrow and Patty deserve their respect 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.