Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

HOUSE

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe he did , but both feet were clearly out and the defender didn’t pull up. Just not smart football , and only  8 seconds to go in regulation with no timeouts 

Exactly. With no timeouts and game clock almost out, there is no way mahomes turns up the field for extra yardage.  IF that is what the defender thought. I believed he knew he was out of bounds and pushed him anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

And right there is your typical Joe Burrow playoff game, except this time with ints. 250-270 yards and 1, occasionally 2 td passes. Typical scoring also usually 2 offensive tds and 2-3 fgs. Still never put up more than 27 points in 7 playoff games. 

In 7 games he now has 9 td passes and the fg kicker has 19 fgs. It has taken him 7 full games to equal the tds passes Josh had in 2 games last year. Defense and special teams is why Cincy is 5-2 in the playoffs, with (2) 23-20 defeats.

His playoff rep is largely undeserved.  Glad someone pointed it out.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

Weird, it didn’t stop the Bengals pass rushers last week.

Last week the Bengals were smart and were bring guys from corner blitzes and all over the place - not just trying to bull rush the front 4 on a slippery field

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree, definitely a late hit. I also was rooting for neither team, but if you put a gun to my head, I would've picked the Chiefs. The Bengals needed to be knocked down a peg.

I'd rather watch the better team be cocky than the lesser team be gifted a win by the league.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bermuda Triangle said:

His playoff rep is largely undeserved.  Glad someone pointed it out.

Exactly. The defense and fg kicker are the primary reason for their playoff success. Who couldn't win with a defense who gives up less than 19 ppg in those 7 games, never giving up more than 24 points and with a fg kicker going 19/19 in fgs. Heck the defense even threw in a game winning td a few weeks ago. He's been a very average QB in the playoffs to date.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Exactly. The defense and fg kicker are the primary reason for their playoff success. Who couldn't win with a defense who gives up less than 19 ppg in those 7 games, never giving up more than 24 points and with a fg kicker going 19/19 in fgs. Heck the defense even threw in a game winning td a few weeks ago. He's been a very average QB in the playoffs to date.

I think he’s been good, not great. Certainly not like the media makes him out to be , throwing out nicknames like Joe Cool… there was only one “ Joe Cool “ and he’s got a lot of rings. 

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Last week the Bengals were smart and were bring guys from corner blitzes and all over the place - not just trying to bull rush the front 4 on a slippery field

They were also collapsing the pocket when they only rushed 3 though.

6 minutes ago, MPT said:

I'd rather watch the better team be cocky than the lesser team be gifted a win by the league.

Seemed pretty even to me, with KC getting a few questionable calls. CIN had a great look at a win with possession in the final two minutes and pretty much threw up all over themselves . 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. Apparently we watched different games. 

It's a possibility. The Chiefs get help from the refs in the last couple drives almost every game so it gets hard to tell them apart.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Couldn't agree more.  Last season, defense had picks against Tannehill late in regulation and against Mahomes in OT, resulting in GW FGs.  Derek Carr also did Derek Carr things at the end of the WC game last season. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Seemed pretty even to me, with KC getting a few questionable calls. CIN had a great look at a win with possession in the final two minutes and pretty much threw up all over themselves . 

If it's pretty even when KC gets a few questionable calls (not to mention the non-calls) then it's not really even.

Just now, MPT said:

It's a possibility. The Chiefs get help from the refs in the last couple drives almost every game so it gets hard to tell them apart.

Don't hit a player when he's out of bounds, especially a QB. This is a well known rule. It was clear by his emotions on the bench after the game, Ossai knew he ****** up. That's not on the refs, it's on him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

If it's pretty even when KC gets a few questionable calls (not to mention the non-calls) then it's not really even.

The game was pretty even talent wise and play on the field wise. The officiating is bad ( usually favoring KC) but that’s across the board in all games and you kind of expect it. Still, the Bengals had the ball and screwed it up. They could have stopped KC late with almost no time to execute a FG try or from a very long distance and took an awfully stupid penalty. Definitely a great look at a road playoff win for CIN. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

26 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Couldn't agree more.  Last season, defense had picks against Tannehill late in regulation and against Mahomes in OT, resulting in GW FGs.  Derek Carr also did Derek Carr things at the end of the WC game last season. 

They also benefitted from the refs in the Raiders. The one ref accidentally blew the whistle during the go ahead td play and half the Raiders on defense quit playing. By rule the ball is supposed to be returned to the los and the play redone, instead they awarded the Bengals the go ahead td . 

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.