Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

Bogie_Klinkhammer

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

You can rewind and slo-mo to find missed calls to the benefit of any team in every game.

True. But you gotta admit that the atmospherics around this entire game stink for the refs. They had a material impact on the game— like their calls and non-calls caused the chiefs to win. So the calls and non-calls better have been mostly right. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Trock said:

Were you paying attention end of season for the Bengals game? The nfl refused to continue our game due to injury. It’s doesn’t get any more screwed than we were.  It ruined our season. 

You’re wrong. McDermott wasn’t going to continue the game even if it meant the Bills had to forfeit and said as much to Taylor. The Bills weren’t going to play and did not care about the consequences. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Trock said:

Were you paying attention end of season for the Bengals game? The nfl refused to continue our game due to injury. It’s doesn’t get any more screwed than we were.  It ruined our season. 

Bills got pasted at home by the Bengals, what makes you think they were going to go to cinci on Monday night and win?

It was 7-3 and cinci was driving when Damar got hurt, probably was going to be a loss based on the sample size of the 4.5 quarters we saw against playing the Bengals.

If Bengals won which I think they would have , bills would have gotten 3 seed and Bengals 2 seed

And right there is your typical Joe Burrow playoff game, except this time with ints. 250-270 yards and 1, occasionally 2 td passes. Typical scoring also usually 2 offensive tds and 2-3 fgs. Still never put up more than 27 points in 7 playoff games. 

In 7 games he now has 9 td passes and the fg kicker has 19 fgs. It has taken him 7 full games to equal the tds passes Josh had in 2 games last year. Defense and special teams is why Cincy is 5-2 in the playoffs, with (2) 23-20 defeats.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Bills got pasted at home by the Bengals, what makes you think they were going to go to cinci on Monday night and win?

It was 7-3 and cinci was driving when Damar got hurt, probably was going to be a loss based on the sample size of the 4.5 quarters we saw against playing the Bengals.

If Bengals won which I think they would have , bills would have gotten 3 seed and Bengals 2 seed

They didn’t let us finish. You going hypothetical is just wrong. 

11 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Really? How can any Bills fan hate the Eagles as much as the Chiefs?

Philly is the worst most douche fanbase in sports.  I experienced the final game at the old Vet (NFC Championship that Bucs lost to Philthy).  Nothing like seeing parents hand their 10 year old kids their beers to throw at us, or the douchebag in front of us who was just a complete classless A-Hole and also threw beers and other crap at us.  I should add we were not being obnoxious or loud or doing anything to stir trouble in any way, we were just watching the game in 50 yardline seats about 30 rows up wearing Bucs jerseys (my NFC team till Brady showed up... haven't rooted for them since, and won't again till he's gone).  Anyhow, F the dirty birds and their classless dirtbag fans.   I find it impossible to root for any Philthy team. 

As for Mahomey and the Chiefs, can't stand them either (their fanbase can be over the top obnoxious too).  Pretty tired of them having the easy route to the SB each year with the bye and HFA. 

As for SB, I won't watch a down since I despise both teams and fan bases.  I'll completely ignore anything to do with it over the next 2 weeks.   Of the 4 teams that played this weekend, the only one I would have pulled for was the Niners.

I'm on to to the off-season already, just wish we'd see a clearing house of Leslie and the defensive staff at at a minimum... an upgrade at OC and HC would be nice too, but that's not likely to happen.  That said, eyes are finally starting to open to the many gameday mistakes and game-planning weaknesses of McD and his coaching staff.  McD may be a great motivator, and did a great job turning around the culture, however, his defense is vastly overrated, and it's exhausting to listen to him demanding accountability of his players, yet not applying the same standards to himself or his coaching staff.  McD hasn't shown an iota of learning from his mistakes.  Instead of owning up and learning, he hides with no explanation for 13 seconds, terrible game plans,  and his defense completely sucking with crazy soft coverages resulting in the D being a turnstile in the playoffs year end and year out.  

Edited by Preds
spelling
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Just saw sideline angle.  It wasn’t a body slam hit, but he certainly didn’t pull up and took him down out of bounds.  Clearly a personal foul.

Agree to disagree I guess…that’s not at all how I saw it and I’ve watched it like 20 times already lol this isn’t even an anti chiefs tirade I legitimately wanted them to win I think 😁

looked like a very light two hand shove about a step out of bounds and both guys just topple over.  Not at all a takedown by any definition imo. A late hit by rule but burrow was frequently late hit if they were gonna call them that tight 

a penalty by the letter of the law of course though…I wouldn’t argue that 

maybe the problem is the other side of that coin in that we are so used to seeing questionable stuff being let go late in games

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Trock said:

In my best (worst?) Collinsworth voice "so here's a guy who doesnt know what the heck hes talking about"

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Trock said:

Did you not watch the first series of that game and the playoff game last week?

What makes you think the bills were going to win that game?..

Bengals were in a less favourable position last week (on the road, down 3 o line man) and still blew the bills out

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Agree to disagree I guess…that’s not at all how I saw it and I’ve watched it like 20 times already lol this isn’t even an anti chiefs tirade I legitimately wanted them to win I think 😁

looked like a very light two hand shove about a step out of bounds and both guys just topple over.  Not at all a takedown by any definition imo. A late hit by rule but burrow was frequently late hit if they were gonna call them that tight 

I agree game anglelooks suspect.  It was the sideline camera shot that showed it better, IMHO.

I wanted neither team to win! If someone had to win, it was the chiefs…I’m sorry to admit.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Trock said:

Dude you are wrong. The NFL would have continued that game. McDermott and Taylor stepped in (rightly so) and told them they wouldn't continue.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Then again, maybe NFLers would say "No, you can tell where you are on the field, that's guy's just an idiot."

They absolutely would.  If receivers can do their insane toe-taps and toe-drags to keep both feet in bounds while not even looking at the sidelines, defenders know exactly where the sideline is too.  Guy lost his mind and I for one am perfectly okay with it.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

rewatch it. watch mahomes throw his arms up and dead leg lol id be more on board with it if mahomes didnt flop

Maybe he did , but both feet were clearly out and the defender didn’t pull up. Just not smart football , and only  8 seconds to go in regulation with no timeouts 

Just now, davefan66 said:

I agree game anglelooks suspect.  It was the sideline camera shot that showed it better, IMHO.

I wanted neither team to win! If someone had to win, it was the chiefs…I’m sorry to 

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I wanted neither team to win! If someone had to win, it was the chiefs…I’m sorry to admit.

I agree, definitely a late hit. I also was rooting for neither team, but if you put a gun to my head, I would've picked the Chiefs. The Bengals needed to be knocked down a peg.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree, definitely a late hit. I also was rooting for neither team, but if you put a gun to my head, I would've picked the Chiefs. The Bengals needed to be knocked down a peg.

Agree completely. They went almost 180 since the Damar incident. Went from showing great class to one of the most cocky teams I can remember over the last week.

Being forcibly humbled is what I like to see.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Gotta be honest, everytime I see Andy Reid I wonder how he sleeps at night.  For all the things he has achieved in his career, everything would have to seem small given his personal issues.

Everything DOES seem small next to Andy Reid.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.