Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

Bogie_Klinkhammer

9 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Then tell the defender to not even touch the QB on the sidelines like he did.  It was a clear penalty.

They give the defenders the benefit of the doubt when they pull up usually…it’s not always easy for those big guys to slow down.  looked like he did to me but mahomes sold it like the defender steamrolled him.  I don’t think they get that call without the flop but it’s technically a penalty 

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If we let Poyer and Edmunds walk and draft their replacements, that will free up cap to sign FA for offense. There is a way to draft defense and still get Allen more help.

Well that’s where a debate comes. I’m good with letting poyer walk and I was before the season started if it meant we got to keep edmunds. We aren’t going to have a lot of cap space either way. If we’re trying to replace both poyer and edmunds in this draft while the offense gets neglected yet again then we’re just spinning our wheels

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

So you think the tumble Mahomes took was fake? 

What about both of his feet clearly OOB when he was pushed?

Mahomes took a dive and embellished what was most definitely a late push. But he was smart enough to ensure the flag.

Edited by Airseven

1 minute ago, Heels20X6 said:

But it did impact the play on the field.  Taking a shot at Mahomes (who is already injured) can have the outcome of taking him out of the game.  It was a stupid penalty and one that will be called EVERY time because the league is intent on protecting quarterbacks.

It should be called every time because it’s a foul .. period. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Bills need more impact players. Players like Chris Jones really show up in key moments. 

I'm curious as to what Beane and McDermott got from this game. They are always preaching growth mindset. They can learn a lot from the Chiefs and the Bengals. 

Jones was a second round, pick 37 in 2016. Those players are out there for Bean to find. Bills picked Shaq Lawson in round 1 that year.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Interesting...watching NFL Primetime with Berman, Booger and Keyshawn.  Key just said that the difference in the pass rush on Burrows from last week to this week was the footing.  With the snow Bills pass rushers couldn't get to Burrows.  I was surprised at that take by Key.

Yeah, that's a pretty bad take considering Cincy was getting pressure rushing 3 against us.

Edited by Billz4ever

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Interesting...watching NFL Primetime with Berman, Booger and Keyshawn.  Key just said that the difference in the pass rush on Burrows from last week to this week was the footing.  With the snow Bills pass rushers couldn't get to Burrows.  I was surprised at that take by Key.

Weird, it didn’t stop the Bengals pass rushers last week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They give the defenders the benefit of the doubt when they pull up usually…it’s not always easy for those big guys to slow down.  looked like he did to me but mahomes sold it like the defender steamrolled him.  I don’t think they get that call without the flop but it’s technically a penalty 

I thought the guy clearly pushed and didn’t pull up. I don’t think it was a flop though I can’t stand Mahomes 

Just now, Heels20X6 said:

But it did impact the play on the field.  Taking a shot at Mahomes (who is already injured) can have the outcome of taking him out of the game.  It was a stupid penalty and one that will be called EVERY time because the league is intent on protecting quarterbacks.

Then wait 20 seconds like they do all the time. I’m not saying it wasn’t a foul, and I’m really not defending it. I’m just saying that the standard for throwing a flag like that should be a bit higher in the final seconds of a championship game. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Allen was drafted in 2018, his new contract began in 2022. 

Burrow was drafted in 2020. 

Wouldn’t the same time frame apply to their franchise QB?

Asking bc I really don’t know. 

So burrows 4th year of his rookie deal Will end next year.

They can pick up his 5th year option which will kick in 2024, and that should pay him probably around the 25 mil mark.

Joshs 5th year option kicked in this year, but his big cap hit won’t start till this season coming up.

Assuming Bengals extend burrow this off season, his big cap hit won’t start until 2025.

So Joshs big cap hit kicks in 2023, burrows 2025. 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Allen was drafted in 2018, his new contract began in 2022. 

Burrow was drafted in 2020. 

Wouldn’t the same time frame apply to their franchise QB?

Asking bc I really don’t know. 

i get the logic. brr-hoe missed a half season his rookie year too. maybe that changes the timeline a lil bit

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.